Sunday, March 30, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
PS-Have I mentioned how tired I am today?! Lol!!
As you remember, Isabella got her shots yesterday. Last night she was all rosy cheeked and pink nosed with her little mouth chattering. We gave her Tylenol and then went to bed. This morning when she and I woke up I noticed her face was still pink and her little nose pink. I thought, hmmm, we were outside for a little while yesterday, but it was when the sun was going down...but is she sunburnt?! I then reached out to hold her and she was burning up. She felt like a warm little roll from the oven and I immediately knew she had a temperature. Sure enough, 101.7. My poor little girl. She has taken a lot of naps today (mommy even snuck in a long one w/her) and has been fussier than normal. The good thing is the Tylenol has kept it down and she is still eating normally. Maybe spare a prayer for my little one tonight? Thank you :)
Speaking of prayers, please say one for the son of one of my mom's friends. He is only 16 and was in a horrible, horrible car accident. He can use all the prayers that we send. When things like that happen, you often "wake up" a little. Life is so fragile, it can be taken from any one of us at any time. Sometimes we all get so caught up in so many things that aren't important. Take time every single day to thank God for blessing you with another day in the miracle of life. If you have children, tell them you love them every single day! I can't imagine what that poor family is going through. My heart aches for them. I wish there was something that I could do, but the one thing that I can do is pray. And pray hard.
So on that note, I am thanking God for giving me this day to live and see my family. May you all do the same and thank you for the prayers.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Leo and I are making a delicious Easter dinner. We're having ham, yummy hashbrown cheesey potatoes (let me know if you want me to post the recipe), green beans, rolls, and a fruit pizza! I love fruit pizza and hadn't had it in years. I ran across a recipe online and am going to try it out. If it tastes good, I'll post the recipe on Monday! We will be going to church in the morning and when we get back we will hunt for eggs w/Bella and let her open her Easter basket. I can't wait to see what the Easter Bunny brings her!
So you know Leo and I have really been buckling down to cut down on spending. We recently cut down our phone plan bc we had thousands of roll over minutes, which seriously, when are we going to use them?! Today we went to the base commissary and did our grocery shopping. The building is pretty small since Katrina hit and destroyed the previous one, but they are rebuilding with the hopes of opening in a year. Anyhow, the prices there are unbelievable! Why haven't we been grocery shopping there before?? We saved sooo much money it was ridiculous. We even got name brand stuff and the ingredients for our Easter dinner. Wow! It feels good to save money, doesn't it?
I hope you all will have a blessed Saturday and even more of a blessed Sunday. Happy Easter and I'll be posting our weekly menu later this weekend.
HERE'S HOW YOU PLAY. ONCE YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED YOU HAVE TO WRITE A BLOG OF TEN WEIRD, RANDOM THINGS, FACTS OR HABITS ABOUT YOURSELF. AT THE END, YOU CHOOSE FIVE PEOPLE TO BE TAGGED, LISTING THEIR NAMES AND WHY YOU CHOSE THEM TO BE TAGGED. DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE THEM A COMMENT "YOU'RE IT" AND TO READ YOUR BLOG. YOU CAN'T TAG THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU. SINCE YOU CAN'T TAG THAT PERSON BACK, LET HIM OR HER KNOW WHEN YOU'VE POSTED YOUR BLOG SO HE OR SHE CAN READ YOUR ANSWERS
1. I grind my teeth in my sleep....and have for as long as I can remember :) I am glad Leo and Bella can tolerate it and haven't kicked me out of our bedroom!
2. I obsessively straighten my hair. It can be perfectly straight and I just keep straightening...and straightening....and straightening!
3. I ( just like my mom!) LOVE Diet Coke. I have one first thing in the morning and continue to have an open one by my side all day long. If I don't have one open I go and get one, so it's rare if you see me without one :) I love coffee, too, but gave it up for Lent...I can't wait to have a hot cup of coffee again!!
4. I was in the Air Force for 7 years. I served 5 months in Iraq and then lived in Turkey for 2 years. I am proud to have served my country but am happy that I am now a stay at home mom. I wouldn't change it for the world!
5. I love crafty projects (ie stamping, scrapbooking). It is such a stress reliever for me and I love seeing my creative side come out. I also love decorating my home. Leo has agreed in a couple of years I can begin redecorating our home. I have been feeling the shabby chic style lately and am slowly working on him to agree :)
6. I have a touch of OCD...only when it is certain things. I don't like it if Bella's schedule isn't followed, I like things cleaned a certain way, my towels folded a certain way...you get the picture :)
7. I LOVE reading! I could read all day every day if time allowed and if I wasn't raising my daughter. I have read 100's of books and especially love chick lit, mysteries, and all around good novels. Reading allows me to escape to another place sometimes and somedays that is exactly what is needed :)
8. I LOVE Bravo's reality tv shows. Project Runway, Make Me a Supermodel, Top Chef....etc. In fact, I love reality tv in general! I rarely watch something that isn't reality (except for Grey's, Desp Housewives and Medium). If you see my DVR and my recording history, you wouldn't believe how many shows I have taped to watch when Bella falls asleep on my lap :)
9. I have a countless amount of flip flops. I love flip flops, esp from Target and Old Navy. They are cheap and last forever! Plus living on the coast I can practically wear them all year round.
10. I love makeup, bubble bath, body spray....really anything to help me feel pretty. If you saw my bathroom you would laugh, but I can't help it! I am better now that we are a one income family, but still like to get something every now and then.
Okay, so that is all there is to know about me ;) Pretty random, but it's hard to think of stuff when you're put on the spot ;) I know after I post this the list will keep going and going....in my head! Enjoy and have a blessed day!
Friday, March 21, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Today I decided to make Isabella her own homemade mashed bananas. As you can see from the pictures above, she loved them! She could not eat enough. After her first bowl, I mashed some up and just gave her the bowl and she had a blast. Yes, bananas were everywhere, but just seeing her have fun w/it made me smile. It's amazing how the simple things get children excited, isn't it?
Isabella just got a package from her Tia Cristina and Tio Pio (Amparo) in the mail! I'll have to write tomorrow what she got, we're gonna wait until her Daddy gets home to open it.
I just finished all of my ironing and made our bed with our clean sheets. I love the smell and feel of freshly cleaned bedding! I still have to vacuum, so I'll be doing that after the little one is up from her nap. Then I'll be making our dinner which we're having Rotel dip....yum! If Leo gets off on time we are planning on going to church at 6. So, hopefully he'll get out on time!
May you have a blessed day and a great evening. Leo is watching his Netflix movie tonight, so I'll probably read some of my new magazines--Parents and Better Homes and Gardens. Then maybe I can read some more of the book I'm reading-P.S I Love You. Wish me luck!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Real quick, Bella is now crawling backwards....wow, she has grown sooo quick! Where is the time going?
Have a fabulous night!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
In case you wondering, we are back in Mississippi as of yesterday. The drive wasn't too bad and it felt good coming home. We had a wonderful time in Texas with everyone and it was quiet and lonely today. We'll be happy to see everyone again, too!
Leo and I are going to watch "The Brave One" tonight (we HOPE to watch it tonite!). I'll let you know tomorrow what we thought about it. It looked good on the previews and we got it this weekend from Netflix.
I hope you enjoy the pictures! They are some that I have taken over the days. Enjoy and have a wonderful Monday evening! UPDATE: for some reason the server won't let me post any pics! I'll post 'em tomorrow :)
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Those are our latest money saving techniques. I just feel good with having that little extra money each month to use for other necessities.
With that, I hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday--oh, and I get to see my honey tomorrow nite! Yay!
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Bella can roll from her back to her tummy now (which, by the way, she does constantly now!) and she is creeping!! I can't believe how big she is getting! She also said "mama" the other nite when she was crying because she saw me come into the room. I can't believe that she is 5 months already--where has the time gone??
We sure miss everyone and I will be sure to post more pics as I get them. I have to go for now, but just wanted to do a quick update to everyone! Have a great Tuesday! Oh--and enjoy those pics I posted ;)