Saturday, August 30, 2008
Now an enormous cat 4....so NOT what we were wanting to hear today.
This will be a short post.
We are packing to evacuate.
I hope the base lets Leo go.
If not, well, it will be a long drive to Dallas. Or Montgomery.
I have not decided where to go.
All the traffic heading east is already a nightmare.
Well, I need to keep packing.
Just wanted to update everyone. I'll post more when I know more.
Or when I can.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Not knowing the unknown.
I have never been through anything tropical.
I am from the midwest (shout out to Missouri!).
We have tornadoes.
We are on alert to evacuate.
Lists are being made of what we will take.
What will be put in our attic.
We will be in Dallas with my sister if we must leave.
I have taken pictures of everything worth value.
But that got me thinking about the worst.
That's what they say about life, right?
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best?
Because I am and we are.
This is the first home Leo and I bought.
We saved the whole two years we were in Turkey.
We bought our home.
The home we moved into when I was 8 months pregnant.
The home I unpacked boxes and decorated.
The home we took our daughter home to.
The home that became an actual home because of our daughter.
It saddens me that this storm can take that away from me.
It scares me that we may not have a home after this storm.
I have heard the horror stories.
I have seen the pictures.
I do not want to go through it.
That's the thing about the base we are stationed at.
We are right.by.the.coast.
So tonight as I lay down on my bed (which is oh so comfy!) I will probably lay there wondering.
Sorry this post was all over the place.
But that is the state of my mind right now....
Just all over the place.
I hope by Thursday morning as you are reading this that Gustav will have made his mind up.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
She did not like me stealing my bottle back. So she tried to grab it away from me. I held on as tight as I could and didn't budge.
She tried and tried but as you can see I wouldn't share. I then suggested we put on a music show for our mommy's.
That went over much, much better.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Really, really ready.
For a ton of pictures.
Oh, I love pictures!
But first I want to answer a few questions people have been leaving me.
1) The gift from Kristen is something I won from a giveaway. I have pictures below. I was in no way disappointed. Nope. Kristen's yummy prize was, well, really really good. You'll see....
2) The magazine that I got in the mail was from a site called 1st Wishes. It's another company of Celebrate Express. Go to their site: 1stWishes.com. I promise you--you will NOT be disappointed! Cuteness all around here for girls or boys.
This is my yummy prize. I have been eating it by the spoonful. I have shared a little with my husband. But only a little. How will I ever have a giveaway that tops this? I'm not sure that I will. Or that I can. Thank you, Kristen!
First, my laptop is broken, which causes me to be forced to use the desktop computer.
It is so much harder to find time to post now!!
The good news is I have lots of posts for this week.
Hopefully tonight I will write them ahead of time and that will be that.
There will be lots of pictures.
A gift I got in the mail...ahem, Kristen...
A tale of my dinner party. Which, by the way, was amazing.
But here are some mini happenings that I want to share:
1) Two of my little sisters started school today. Ashlie started kindergarten and Allie started pre-k. My poor Mom has had a hard week with one of my brothers moving away to college and now two of my little sisters are starting school. Chelle is proud of you Ashlie and Allie! And you too, Mom--I love you!
2) Leo's XBox 360 broke. At first I was doing a happy dance because I can't stand video games. But after seeing how sad he was I am buying him a new one. Sshhh...it's a secret!
3) I have no idea what I am going to do for Isabella's first birthday. Which is in barely over a month. At first I was going to have it be all fall themed and stuff. But today I got a magazine in the mail. A first birthday magazine and I. am. drooling. It is all girlie and pink and fun. Basically everything I am! I think I am going to go all out and get the 1st birthday stuff. You only turn 1 once, right? So it's okay to be over the top, pink and balloons everywhere....right?
4) Big news in the Bella world. First, she has been sleeping with Leo and I ever since she was born. We love(d) it. More of I loved it, but Leo said now is the time for her to sleep in her crib. So we rearranged our room, moved her crib in there and she slept in it last night. She slept from a little before 8 until 3 this morning. I am so proud of her! It was hard on me, though. I missed having her next to me, but it was nice to snuggle up next to my honey.
5) And the other big Bella news? She took four steps in a row this morning. My jaw dropped! She had been doing a step here, a step there. But four? In a row? Wow!
That's it for my mini-post. I'm off to check out your blogs now!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Look what Leo got me....
It's a Nikon D40 and I love it!
It'll take me some time before I start getting good at the pictures I take, but so far I am loving my gift.
I guess this makes up for him doing this:
We are having some friends over for dinner tonight. Sort of a last minute thing.
I needed to clean the house and get things ready.
I am watching Isabella and cleaning everything--aka sweating to death, trying to clean and at the same time watch Isabella.
I had no idea where Leo was.
He was done securing and putting away all of our fly away type things outside (TS Fay is on her way. Unfortunately.)
I go outside and call for him.
A few minutes later he appears inside.
"Yeah, hon?", he asked.
"Where have you been?!" I asked him a little annoyed he wasn't anywhere to be found.
"Oh, I was chopping down that huge bush/tree thing that was out front."
"Are you kidding me?! There is so much to be done in here and you decide to do random landscaping before the Tropical Storm gets here? And the cleaning isn't done??"
He had no reply.
Seriously. If he was going to do random landscaping the least he could have done was pull the weeds out of the flower beds for me.
Not take an axe and start chopping down anything he felt like.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Don't have kids.
Or just don't want to hear a disgusting story....
I am warning you.
Ask my mom when I called her what I was doing.
As I was trying to tell her what just took place I was dry heaving.
Hard. So hard my stomach muscles are a little sore (well, that could be from still having a bit of a "Bella Pouch").
Is anyone still with me?
Only my sister?
I figured as much.
Today I was suctioning out Bella's nose. (if you think that is the disgusting part, you are wrong and I hope you stop reading ASAP!!).
It was a battle.
A hard one. I am beginning to think I may need some protective gear when suctioning her nose.
After we're done I am calling for the dog.
Nothing. She is nowhere to be seen.
I look around the living room.
No dog. But she did leave a nice pile of crap by the door.
I find the dog behind the couch--she SO knew she was in trouble.
I set Isabella down to grab the dog and put her in her crate.
No sooner do I shut the door to the crate I come back in the living room.
***warning***please do not read if you get grossed out. stop immediately!!!
I see part of the crap has been located in a new pile.
And more of it is missing.
I start crying.
Isabella starts whimpering.
Excuse me while I go and throw up now.
Have you checked out Mrs. Newlywed's blog?
She. is. amazing.
Always makes me crack up.
She loves fashion.
She has great taste.
Needless to say I was shocked to see my name on her blog for the Diamond Award.
I love awards!
They top my love of meme's.
Because we all know how much I love a good meme.
Back to this award.
The rules are that I must acknowledge receiving this award.
I think we can all say that I did that quite well.
Thank you, Mrs. Newlywed!
The second is that I must pick 7 people that I believe are deserving of this award.
This is going to be harder than I thought.
Without further ado, here I go....
1) Heather @ A Big Boy, a Baby Girl and a Precious Pug. Heather is such an amazing woman. Do
you see my picture over on the left? That, my friends, is for Heather. She is kicking cancer's booty and still manages to keep us all updated on her journey as well as take care of her family. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Her children? ADORABLE! She recently started cloth diapering and gave me TONS of great info about cloth diapers (we want to cloth diaper but may wait until our next baby). Go check out her blog--I promise you'll LOVE her!
2) Amanda @ Lifelong Playdate. Amanda is such a sweetie. I love reading her blog and reading the sweet comments she leaves me daily. We have a lot of similarities and our little girls are close to the same age. Her baby is such a cutie! I visited her blog a few months ago and have been
visiting ever since. Go check her out. You'll be hooked!
3) Jenny @ Happenings of a Little Bubba. Jenny is awesome. She's a personal trainer, gives us different exercises to do and always makes me laugh! Her posts crack me up! Her son is adorable, too--he is going to be quite the ladies man when he grows up.
4) Kristen @ Loving Our Simple Life. Kristen was one of my first loyal readers. I LOVE her blog to pieces and her pictures are always great. Anytime I read her posts I am seriously imagining a blissful, peaceful life. She even managed to post AND comment while on vacay with her 2 kiddos sans husband. Now that, my friends, is admirable.
5) Patrice @ Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman. Patrice has just left her homestate for MY homestate for college! How exciting!! Patrice is such a sweetheart--she always comments the sweetest things on my blog. I am secretly hoping that her and my brother will meet somehow at a football game this fall. Hey, a girl can dream that one of her favorite bloggers will meet and fall in love with my baby (not so baby) brother, right?
6) Wendi @ Because Wendi Said So. I have recently discovered Wendi's blog and am hooked. Officially hooked. She has pretty happening stuff going on at her side of the bloggy world. She recently got an early Christmas gift from Santa. You'll have to go and read her blog to see what the man in the red suit got her. She's also having a favorite things swap!!! You HAVE to go and join in on the fun. Please. Go right now. I promise you--you will not regret it.
7) Now this is the hard part. I only get to pick one more. Have you seen the amount of blogs I stalk am obsessed with? It's huge. Gigantic. Enormous. I think I am going to have to give my final slot to Leslie @ Got Kids, Need Valium. I.love.her.blog. Seriously? Leslie cracks me up. Every single time I read her blog I am laughing at the quotes from her kids' on her sidebar, or the stories she tells, or the cute pictures she shares. Total sweetie. Great writer. So deserving of this award.
Okay. I am done.
Now go check out those awesome blogs that I just awarded!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
This weeks list?
Top 5 Movie Soundtracks!!
I love movies so much. Puffy puffy heart them.
So here's my list:
1. Chicago-at one time I had every song memorized. I love the movie, love the music. Leo would get so annoyed when we would drive to Missouri from Texas. I would listen to this soundtrack nonstop--I feel bad for him because not only did I listen, but I sang along--his poor ears!
2. Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion- I love this movie! Hilarious--but with some great music.
3. The Wedding Singer- I love all of the songs on this soundtrack. I love 80's music...what can I say?!
4. Dirty Dancing-one of my favorite movies of all time. Oh how I love this movie! I think there are a lot of us who LOVE the music and know the music. I did a dance routine to one of the songs in 3rd grade for our talent show. It was cute and we should have gotten first place. (Not that I'm bitter or anything.....)
5. Bridget Jones' Diary-this is one of my other all time favorite movies. I used to watch this religiously--as in every weekend religiously! I love the music, too.
If you want to join in on the fun go and click Dana's link above and add your name to her blog. I promise, it's so much fun!
Going to Texas.
Coming back to Mississippi.
Then of course she had to wake up very early Monday morning to watch her Daddy get ready for work and wave to him good-bye as he drove off in the warm morning air.
She took a teensy tiny nap in the morning, but woke up shortly after falling asleep.
I believe she missed her kitty Boo and she insisted that she must play with her.
Then it was time for lunch.
And a bite from Momma's nachos.
Total cuteness, sweetness and everything in between.
For three hours.
But do not worry.
Momma lifted up her sleepy girl and held her tight for her long, much needed nap.
Monday, August 18, 2008
So add your name below and get a great book! If you can't remember how it works, click here.
Be sure to check in weekly for new books that are added and new opportunities to add your book(s) to the list.
First let me say parting is such sweet sorrow.
You were amazing this weekend.
Great deals, great finds, great everything.
You supplied me with the following:
a fulfillment of taking in your smell right as I walked through your doors
a yummy drink from Starbucks that gave me the much needed jolt of caffeine
lots of clothes for Isabella's birthday
toys for Isabella's birthday
some picture frames for pictures that have been sitting around for far too long
a cute mail holder so my husband will stop littering my countertops with mail and magazines
two really nice pictures for my living room to help cover up that now empty wall that we got after rearranging our furniture
Real Simple Family...that was exactly what I needed to help me through the long car trip
a new book that I can read and swap out on my bookswap (which will be back next week)
some cute shoes for Isabella
and last, but not least, one very happy, satisfied momma.
Thank for the much needed shopping therapy.
You were everything that I imagined you would be.
You were everything that I knew you would be.
Until we meet again,
Thursday, August 14, 2008
This one is 7 things about me.
Except I am thinking this may be harder than I think since I have been doing meme's like crazy!
Here we go....
1) I have a phobia of hair that falls loose from a head. Especially when it's wet. Ew! The other day I was washing dishes and I felt a hair on the wash cloth. I nearly threw up. Ew. I am getting nauseated just thinking about it! I know it's weird, but it's true. This is why I don't like going to public pools, showering in a gym or anything where you know there will be an abundance of hair that has lost it's owner.
2) I love the magazine Real Simple. Love it. I imagine it is due to my secret love affair with The Container Store. I have never been to this store, but can spend hours online looking and drooling over everything they have. Containers. Organization. Everything has their own personal spot to belong=heaven.
3) My favorite drink when I go out to dinner is a margarita. On the rocks. Hold the salt. Yum. If I am at home relaxing I prefer a nice glass of white wine. Delish!
4) My fingernails are in the shape of a square. Not the tips, but my nail bed. I am always jealous of women who have those beautiful oval nail shape!
5) I prefer to read chick lit on most days. I can just lose myself in their world and get lost for awhile. It's so relaxing to me and they are light, romantic reads. What's not to like?!
6) I am a cat lover. I love my cat sooo much! We had two, but one passed away right before Christmas. It was horrible. Funny story about Boo. When we were coming to Mississippi from Turkey we had to stay the night in Baltimore. We got a taxi to our hotel and our taxi driver was very curious about Turkey. (We only had Boo--our cat, Sasha who passed away, was coming to the US with friends of ours. Long story). Anyhow, he was asking us about our cat and how she got to the States. We told him in her carrier and on the plane. He kept getting confused and asking if she had to have a passport. Lol! Maybe it was being 7 months pregnant, flying from Turkey to the US or just plain exhausted, but I busted out laughing--I kept picturing Boo's face on a picture in a passport--hehe! I still crack up about it...lol!
7) I love fall time. Maybe it's because it reminds me of brand new clothes, fresh crayons and brand spankin' new notebooks. Maybe it's because I have wonderful memories of going to the pumpkin farm as I grew up. Maybe it's the thought of apple crisp, cooler weather and hot apple cider. I love fall. I really miss living in Missouri during the fall--the changing colors on the leaves are beautiful! Bright reds, oranges, yellows. Someday I hope to live closer to the midwest again to enjoy the changing of the seasons.
Well, there you have my latest meme! I hope you didn't get too bored and/or think that I am a total dork....
As for who I'm gonna tag, I tag whoever wants to play. Just let me know in my comments so I can check out your meme....have fun!
We believe it is her lack of talking back which has led to this.
If you tell her not to do something or take away something that could potentially be dangerous to her (lets say a power cord to the laptop) she gets mad, my friends.
So mad that she now gives us a threat.
What does she do?
After vocalizing that she is indeed, unhappy, she looks at you with those big eyes of hers.
She may even give you a tiny smile.
You, the unsuspecting victim, smile back at her lovingly.
She then leans down to your arm, finger, leg....basically anything that is in reach.
She'll put her mouth on you. Silly you thinks she is going to give you a kiss.
Oh, no, my friends, there is no kiss to be given.
Instead of a sweet kiss she'll give you the tiniest of bites.
They just aren't so tiny.
It may even hurt.
But what has us laughing (behind closed doors--in no way in front of her!) we crack up.
Laughing because our 10 month old is already threatning us.
She is giving US the ultimatum.
"You better let me play with this cord. Or you MAY get bit".
I can't wait until she's older and can talk.
I'm sure I will have quite the funny stories to tell!
***Note: She only does this to adults or pre-teens. She has never hurt another child. Ever. Please do not be afraid to let your child play with mine.***
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Maybe it's the fact that it has poured down rain for three days straight.
Maybe it's because the teething is still happening with 3:30 wakeups.
Maybe it's because the people across the street got their home broke into.
In broad daylight.
(Just a sidenote--of course that would happen when I had an appointment on base today. I could have been a hero! I could have been a witness! I could have been my own neighborhood watch! But I wasn't. *sigh*)
I have found that I know certain people who don't really practice what they preach.
Not going into details, but it gets on my nerves.
And for me to blog about it?
That must really be saying something.
My blog is about my life. My family's life. My daughter's life.
One thing that I cannot stand is when a person will act fake.
Say one thing yet do another.
I cannot stand it when a person wants you to believe a certain thing yet how they treat you or act towards to you is different. Very, very different.
And the thing that I hate the most?
Is when this happens when NOBODY else is looking.
Not a soul. Just me.
Basically it boils down to me looking like a whiner.
Somebody who is too sensitive.
But let me say one thing.
I am known of those.
Do not tell others something that you should be saying to my face.
Do not make me out to be selfish and unkind when maybe all I need to do is start showing you a mirror.
Or recording what is happening.
I am a nice, sweet, caring person.
And I do not deserve any of this.
Not one bit.
I feel better now.
I will hopefully now sleep better at night knowing that this is all out there.
***Note--this is in no way related to anyone who reads my blog. I love you all and don't want anyone to take this the wrong way! It's just something that has bothered me for awhile and I have finally found a therapeutic way to get it all out and breathe a little easier.***
That was a picture of her dumping her oatmeal on anything that was around her. (Silly me! Like you couldn't tell that!)
And for the record? She still smells like cinnamon oatmeal.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Almost like a kid at Christmas excited.
We are going to Houston this weekend.
You see, Leo's family lives there.
And I LOVE Texas.
We are staying with 2 of my favorite people, Cristina and Amparo. Amparo is Leo's brother. Cristina is his fabulous wife.
We have never gotten to stay with them before. I don't know why, we just always stay at Leo's parents home.
But this time we have switched it up and we are so excited!
You see, Cristina loves shopping. Pedis. Manis. Target.
We were destined to be sisters.
This weekend will be filled with LOTS of shopping, my friends.
Lots. And lots.
It's like a ritual that we do.
We go get manis and pedis.
Then we hit up the stores.
We will shop 'til we drop.
Or until our husbands tell us to stop.
But for the record, Leo has given me permission to do a lot of shopping.
I cannot wait to get out of MS for a few days and relax with the company of family.
Shop, visit, shop.
Isabella stays with Daddy while I get some Momma time.
Some much needed Momma time.
So, Cristina, I hope you are ready to shop, sis.
And to laugh and to have a great time--like we always do.
Today's top 5:
What are the 5 top reasons you love to blog?
1. It's a fun way to keep a journal of Isabella growing up and the different milestones that she hits
2. I am addicted to comments!
3. I love reading other blogs
4. I love the friends I have made through my blog
5. I love having a way for me to keep our families up to date without having to send out e-mails each time I have something to share--this is so much better!
Remember to click on Dana's link above and visit her blog!
This one is all about Leo and me.....here we go:
What is his name? Leo
Who eats more? Him, definitely. Unless I am pregnant. Then I could eat anyone under the table. But for the most part, him.
Who said I love you first? Me...in his birthday card. He told me he was getting there. Guess he got there....
Who is taller? He is
Who drives most when you are together? He does although I am a better driver....I'm usually in charge of Isabella. Plus, I like to sleep....
Who’s more sensitive? Oh, that would be me 100%...
Who does the laundry? For the most part I do it during the day while he's at work. He will help out with it though
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do! I always have, we tried to switch once after we moved to Mississippi, but neither of us could sleep.
Who pays the bills? Him! He set them up to be paid automatically and the ones that aren't he'll send in a check. It kind of irritates me to not be involved in the bills more!
Who cooks more? It used to be him. All the time. But since staying at home I have been cooking a lot more--and a lot better!
Who is more stubborn? Oh, that would be me! He's stubborn as well, but nearly not as stubborn as me...
Who is the first to admit they are wrong? That would be him because I am NEVER wrong *hehe*
Who has more siblings? That would be me!
Who wears the pants? Me...hehe...just kidding....I think it's a mutual thing that we both wear the pants--although he may say I am a tad bit bossy....
What do you like to do together? Watch movies, go out to dinner, go shopping (okay, I drag him around--but he still doesn't mind it!), work on our landscaping, relax, play with Isabella, go to the movies, laugh and be silly with Isabella
Who eats more sweets? Again, me...I have the worst sweet tooth in the world. I love sweets...especially of the chocolate kind!
Guilty Pleasures? Him-video games Me-Reality tv
How did you meet? We met through some mutual friends and ended up hanging out at one of our favorite bars. It was a fun nite and I knew right away that I really liked him!
Who asked whom out first? He called and asked me to go and see a movie...I had his number, but I didn't call...I waited for him to call me first.
Who kissed first? I think it was a mutual kiss...like we just knew we wanted to kiss each other
Who proposed? He did, but we talked about getting married when he got deployed to Iraq after being together for 8 months. When he got back we went and picked out my ring set. He was going to wait until we got to Missouri to see my family (we lived in San Antonio at the time) but while we were driving in Oklahoma I asked him where my engagement ring was. He said in his bag. So I pulled up the bag, took the box out and handed it to him. I told him to ask me right then and there because I really wanted to wear my beautiful ring! Ha! I still think it was very romantic even if it wasn't in the "traditional" way.
His best features & qualities? He rarely loses his temper, he is so handsome, a loving father, his smile blows me away, he's funny, he gets along with everyone, he is always calm, he is just amazing all around! I love him so much!!
Who I tag: Anyone who wants to do it
Monday, August 11, 2008
At recess I would swing the entire time. I was shy and quiet--never really got into the loud crowd in elementary school.
The swings were the perfect playground toy for me.
I would kick my legs harder and harder until I was so high that I felt like I was flying.
For those few moments I really, truly was.
When it was summer vacation I would swing all day every day.
My sister and I would sing the theme song to The Neverending Story.
We would sing it until we we were hoarse.
We would sing it until we were swinging so high there was nothing else for us to do but to be lost in that moment.
For those summer days we were flying.
This past Saturday we went to the park.
Remember how I got to choose something fun to do?
I chose lots of fun things for us and my favorite fun thing that we did was going to the park.
I had my husband.
I had my daughter.
I had my step-daughter.
Life was perfect.
Nobody else was at the park.
Nobody but us.
The temperature was warm, but not too warm.
There was a slight breeze that made for a perfect afternoon of family time.
I sat down in a swing and intended to just swing back and forth with my toes dragging beneath me.
I sat down in a swing and had no idea about the flood of memories, happy memories, that would flood my head.
As I started swinging higher and higher I looked over to my sweet, sweet Isabella.
She was swinging, too.
And while I watched her swing I had a thought come to me.
There we both were, making new memories.
Memories that would never leave my head.
Because at that moment, we were both flying.
And flying our journey of life together.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
It's about three different couples and their ups and downs while starting a family. Sometimes it's a lot harder than we think to have a family and this book touches three different stories of the (sometimes) hard and difficult road to parenthood.
I hope you love this book--I know I do.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Out of the blue he will say something that is so not up his alley.
Sometimes he'll say things that would more likely come out of my alley.
Sometimes he'll say something that goes like this:
Him: "Babe, you know...when (insert step daughter's name here) leaves, Isabella is going to be lonely. She's going to miss having someone to play with."
Me: "Yes, honey. You are right. Poor Isabella. Guess I need to get out there and meet some other moms."
What I'm actually thinking: You mean I actually have to TALK to some of these women that I see at the park?! Nope. No way. Not happening. I tried to join a "Mom's Playgroup" when we first moved to this small town. Before I could even go to a meetup they e-mailed that they were too full for new members. WTF?! How do you overflow a freaking playgroup that has 90+ members?!?! Do you NOT remember any of that, Leo? And now you want me to get to know them?? Thanks, but no. No way. Not now. Not EVER.
Him: "No honey. I think she needs a little brother or sister."
Me: "Are you serious?!?!"
Him: "Yeah, I am."
Me: "Okay. Well, okay."
What's even crazier was this was during this week.
You know, teething hell?
But you know what my friends?
I think we may be ready.
Because honestly, are any of us ever really, actually, truly ready?
Friday, August 8, 2008
I slept like a rock. Er, Isabella slept like a rock. Me-the-ever-light-sleeper-since-Isabella-was-born woke up. But just a few times.
But Isabella slept like a rock! I believe it was the Motrin that Krystyn recommended.
Krystyn...I cannot thank you enough!
How can I repay you for your wisdom? I'm serious by the way...
So, Isabella slept until 8ish.
But that's not what I am SO excited about, friends.
Oh, no. Not after what happened yesterday.
It was another long teething day.
But what happened made that disappear.
HER FIRST STEP!
Without her Momma holding out her fingers for her to grasp onto.
She didn't need any help by a chair.
Or a couch.
Or a table.
She did it. On her own.
Congratulations, baby girl! Momma is proud.
So, so proud.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
I'm a little used to it, though.
However, after waking up at 5:30 I was really really hoping someone would go to sleep for this tired Momma who got around 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night.
And you know what?
She did! The little girl slept for two blissful hours!
And this Momma curled up in bed right next to her and slept like it was nobody's business.
It's a little rich, so if you don't have a strong liking for something sweet I am advising you to not make this.
You've been warned my friends....
Heat oven to 425, set aside a 9x9 pan (or an 8x8)
1) Melt 1 stick of butter in your pan (I usually place on the burner to melt it.) Once it melts pour the butter into a bowl.
2) Mix the following dry ingredients:
1 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
Set them to the side
3) Mix together:
Beat 1 egg in a 1 c measuring cup
Fill the rest of the 1 c with milk
Add to your dry ingredients above
4) Pour batter into your pan that you melted your stick of butter in
5) Pour melted butter on top of your batter
6) Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top--go ahead, load it up! You can't have too much....believe me :)
7) Sprinkle 1 c blueberries on top
8) Now bake at 425 for 10 minutes
9) Reduce heat in oven to 375 and bake for ~20 minutes
How yummy does that sound? I promise you, you will NOT be disappointed with this gooey recipe.
Wanna know a secret? When I was pregnant with Isabella I would make this religiously. No kidding.
Leo would be lucky to get one bite...
No wonder I gained so much weight....
But the good news? They are ALMOST through. I can see them right there....please, please, PLEASE let those 2 top teeth break through!
This Momma and Daddy are tired. And I know my poor little girl needs a break, too.
Leo got home yesterday and could immediately tell it was another one of those days where it all went wrong.
I just want to tell you a glimpse, a smidge of our day: it began before 4 in the morning.
You can only imagine the good times that were happening here!
Back to when Leo got home. He sees me. He sees Isabella. He sees us both at breaking points.
He tells me I can do something for an entire day.
At first that sounded good, heavenly, unheard of.
Not so much. I would miss them both like crazy and honestly? I have no idea what I would do alone for an entire day.
So I have offered him a middle ground.
How about I get to pick something we all should do together.
I was thinking Barnes and Noble, maybe some ice cream, maybe go to the Outlets in Gulfport.
I am so excited!! I never get to pick something out to do.
If anyone has any fun ideas they do as families that are relatively relaxing, stress free, etc, please do share...I love hearing about new things to try!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
There is something extremely satisfying in thinking about what I must eat and then make it. The end results are usually fabulously delicious and I can share my goodies with others.
Now, since I don't live near any of you which means that I can't walk or drive over these yummy creations, I will share my recipes with you.
I know, I know, I am much too kind, but I want to share this with you, my bloggy friends. I want you to have something that you can sit down with at the end of a hard day or maybe even have in the morning to start a day off wonderfully.
Are you ready? Because our first recipe is....
Lemon Bars (which I swear are to-die-for)
What you'll need for the crust:
1 1/2 c flour
2/3 c powdered sugar
3/4 c softened butter
What you'll need for the filling:
1 1/2 c white sugar
3 Tbsp flour
1/4 c lemon juice
Heat your oven to 375, grease a 9x13 pan (I use a glass pan); set aside
Mix your crust ingredients together (flour, powdered sugar and softened butter). Mix until you can form in a ball. Take the dough ball and begin spreading it in your greased pan.
Bake for ~20 minutes (give or take, keep an eye on it) until it is slightly golden.
While your crust is baking whisk together your filling ingredients (eggs, white sugar, flour and lemon juice). Whisk until it is frothy. Set aside.
When crust is done, take out of oven and pour filling on top. Place back in oven and bake another ~20 minutes--until light golden. (Again, keep an eye on it. I cooked mine for around 18 minutes and it turned out perfectly).
Once you have taken it out of the oven, dust the top with powdered sugar.
And there you have it...delish! They are good warm, but even better the next day.
Crying-mine and Bella's
And lack of naps-
Leo brought me home this much needed relief:
Thank you, honey, thank you.
I will be ready to tackle yet another day of teething hell.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
I have missing out on some fun for too long and I have decided to jump right in!
This weeks list is all about shopping--my Top 5 Favorite places to shop to be exact. I don't get to shop nearly as much as I used to/would like to, but if I had a day (haha!!!) to go and shop for myself by myself, here is where I would go:
1) Old Navy--love their clothes, prices, shoes, baby clothes and guy clothes. Who can beat their prices and their enormous selection of flip flops?
2) Target--I simply love everything about Target. Everything! Clothes, shoes, home decor, baby clothes, cards, makeup....I could go on and on...I love them!
3) Barnes and Noble--I love walking into a bookstore and just wandering the shelves until I find the perfect book that is begging me to pick it up and take it home. That to me is heaven, absolute heaven.
4) Yankee Candle-I am crazy for candles...I have different scents for each and every season. Love their candles!
5) Sephora--I used to go there all the time. I love fun, funky makeup. I don't get to go there very often since we don't have one where I live, but when I do go somewhere and there is one...watch out!
And that my friends are my top 5 favorite stores that I love to shop for ME at. Go check out Dana's blog for her list and to check out other fun lists!
Kinda bragging, kinda excited, kinda glad it's all over.
No, I'm not talking about childbirth.
I'm talking housebreaking....our puppies.
Now for those of you who don't/haven't had a puppy, listen to these wise words, "Don't rush it."
Just like your parents told you when you turned 18 and tried to grow up oh so fast.
Just don't rush it.
Why do you ask?
Because trying to raise my daughter and housebreak Daisy has been
It gets so hard with housebreaking that Leo is constantly reminding me that he isn't the one who begged and begged for a puppy. He then reminds me that it was me who wanted the puppy.
No matter how many times I try to explain that it was all for Isabella. That she is the one who wanted the puppy to grow up with and always have by her side.
That may have worked if Isabella could speak in full sentences.
Anyway, back to the point of this post.
My whole point is yesterday while talking to my mom. I was so excited telling her that we may finally have a housebroken puppy. (They have a brand new puppy, too--go check out her blog--simply adorable).
My mom was really excited for me knowing how difficult this is.
I like to think that I was somewhat encouraging to her.
Kind of like the light at the end of a dark, dark tunnel.
Well, mom, keep looking. Because our light is not shining for you anymore.
After we hung up the phone it was play time with Daisy. Isabella and I were throwing her toy and she was playing fetch. We were laughing, shrieking with fun and have a grand 'ol time.
Until Daisy did it. She peed. On the floor. Right in front of me. While looking me in my eyes.
So, mom, I take it all back. She's not housebroken yet.
Leo has now informed me that I am a jinxer.
The pee jinxer.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
I live for family time, I live for making memories with them.
These are a few of our memories that I managed to capture on camera.
These are the days that we live for.....the days when everything is perfect.
She's on a mission....
Taking a minute from her busy day to pose for Momma
Investigating a piece of mulch
Tasting a piece of mulch (which was promptly taken away by Momma)
Something caught her attention
She loves her Dora
I think she is going to be quite the little gymnast
Isn't it cute? My bloggy friend Amanda made this for our weekly book swap...and I love it!
I thought that was so sweet of her to do for us. Feel free to swap it and use it on your page, too.
Just a refresher on how the book swap works:
1) Write a post on a book you are wanting to swap that week (if any)
2) Come back here and fill in Mister Linky with the name of your book and link it to the post you wrote about it
3) Whoever goes to your blog and comments first that they want your book is the receiver
4) If you see a book that someone has listed be the first to let them know that you want that book
I'll be doing the swap each Sunday over here on my blog. You don't have to post a book each week in order to receive one. Say you posted in a previous week, but there wasn't a book that you wanted--feel free to check back each week to see if/when there is one out there that you know you would love to read.
Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have....and most importantly...happy reading!
Friday, August 1, 2008
You do not know me, little sister, but I know you. I am your guardian angel.
You see, little sis, Momma and Daddy wanted you for so long. Oh, so long.
I know Momma has explained to you that I am in heaven watching over you and you know what?
I really love you.
I left to be in heaven because God needed me. He needed me up here to be with you at all times, to protect you when you are sick and to watch over you when you are sleeping.
Momma and Daddy wanted you for two years. I was in heaven waiting for those two long years. When I went to heaven Momma cried so hard. Daddy wiped her tears away.
I gave her hugs and kisses. I heard her tell me she loved me even though we never met face to face.
After seeing how hurt Momma was I talked to God. I told him my family needed an earth angel.
Each month Momma grew sadder and sadder. She started losing faith. She couldn't understand why I was in heaven and why there wasn't a child in her arms.
I then spoke to her one night while she was sleeping. I whispered in her ear you were on your way. When she awoke she thought she had dreamed about me giving her the message; that it wasn't real.
But it was real. I was right there by her side.
When Momma found out you were coming I was right there by her side holding onto her. I was with her when she read about you in baby books, I was with her when she found out you were a girl, I was with both of you as you entered into the world.
Momma wanted you so bad and I knew this was the best gift that she could be given. She needed you. She was ready to wipe someone else's tears and give them big hugs when they were sad.
So my little sister on your ten month birthday, I have a message for you.
I love you. I love you for being my sister. I love you for making Momma not cry anymore.
Happy 10 month birthday, Isabella. You are one very loved and wanted little girl.
Your Guardian Angel
They probably did.
But remember...this is a story. Not something-that-happens-in-Chelle's-real-life.
Let me begin.
It all started on a Friday morning. This particular Friday morning was a hard one.
Because (lets call my character Molly) Molly was up late the nite before.
She was having all sorts of fun reading other people's POW posts. She read and commented until there were no new posts for a little while.
Molly then went to bed.
It was late, my friends.
A lot later than this momma usually stays up.
Close to 12:30 late. And this is after getting barely 6 hours of sleep the nite before due to an unfortunate event taking place in her home.
The event? It would be called teething.
As you can imagine this momma was mad at herself for staying up so late. But she loves reading blogs. Loves it.
Sometimes it is what can help get her through a really bad day.
Like she had yesterday.
When Molly woke up early this morning she made her coffee and started drinking it like she normally would.
Except this morning she needed something else.
Something that would just rock her world.
She wandered into the kitchen.
Bananas...No, too green.
Cantaloupe....No, it needs to cut. (Molly is not lazy. She just is tired, alright? No judgement!)
Yogurt....No thank you.
Cereal....No, nothing good is up there.
And then she spots what she needs. It's sitting right there on the counter.
Next to the bananas and next to that cantaloupe that needs cutting.
York. Peppermint. Patties.
Molly looks over her shoulder to make sure nobody is looking.
Then she remembers that her little girl would never judge her momma for grabbing that bag of chocolates. In fact, her momma probably seems so cool to her.
Molly also remembers that her husband is at work.
The coast is clear.
She heads off to the living room for some coffee, chocolate and Noggin.
Fridays don't get much better than this my friends.
They don't get much better.