Wednesday, November 26, 2008
* For my husband, my rock and who would do anything for Isabella and me.
* For Isabella, my beautiful, healthy, happy, adorable, cuddly little girl.
* For our new little baby....I still cannot believe it's true....
* For having a roof over our heads
* For having food to eat for each meal
* For clothing to keep me warm
* For my family--they are by my side through everything....they are the definition of a family
* For Leo's family--they are so kind hearted and loving
* For being able to be a stay at home momma to Isabella...I feel lucky to be able to do so
* For my friends--both irl and my bloggy friends. What would I do without you guys?
* For my health. Too many times we take things for granted.
I have much more that I am thankful for, but those are the main things that popped into my head this morning.
I wish each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
They are amazing. I remember the first time I saw them on Oprah....I goosebumps the entire time. Their voices are out of this world....I cannot describe the gift that they each have with voices like that.
I recently got the chance to review their new cd, The Promise. I loved it. I received it on a cloudy, cool day and popped it into my laptop. It was perfect listening music while I browsed my favorite blogs and read Twilight.
Today I recieved TWO Il Divo cd's to giveaway!
I received not only The Promise, but their Christmas album as well! How would you like to win both?
All you need to do is:
1) Leave me a comment telling me what your favorite Christmas/holiday song is. It's that easy!
You must do this to be eligible to win the prize--if you fail to do so, your comment will be deleted.
2) This is open to all US residents, 18+. You don't have to have a blog to win, just leave me a valid e-mail address so I can contact you to let you know that you won.
3) This giveaway will end on December 2nd at noon. At that time I will use Random.org to select the winner.
Good luck to you all and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Don't forget to enter my other giveaways going on. I am currently giving away 3 Progresso gift baskets and an adorable handmade lightswitch cover!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
We all know how much I love giveaways.
Giving them, entering them, winning them....I just love them!
Recently I have been winning some pretty sweet giveaways and I want to highlite some of those.
My latest and greatest win? A free blog make over from the one and only Traci at Sweet Cheeky Designs. When I saw her e-mail to me telling me that I won? I couldn't believe it! Her blog designs are. amazing. She never duplicates a layout and is willing to do what you want.
Another great giveaway I've won is a fourteen dollar gift certificate to Bears Baked Goods. I used it on some chocolate cheesecake brownies...to die for! They were delicious and arrived so fast! Yum!
I've also won a $30 Barnes and Noble giftcard, an adorable boutique (handmade!!) dress from Bugs -n- Bees Boutique, a handmade owl pillow from My New Thing, a candle reed diffuser, 2 Chex spa giftbags, an E-book of my choice to make tons of different hairbows, a 3 pack of winter candles, a handmade felt zippered pouch...and that's all I can think of right now!
I am grateful for all of these winnings. I've entered so many and look at how many I've won!
Please check out the links that I've highlighted--I know you will love their products just as much as I do.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Yesterday at Wal-Mart I decided to pick up a pack of cheap-o pregnancy tests. Remember my slight obsession?
After Isabella and I unpacked all of our bags, I remembered I had bought a 3 pack.
All three of them turned positive.
Due to my obsession I immediately wanted Leo to go get more.
He firmly told me no, I am in fact PREGNANT!
We are so surprised, happy and shocked!
Isabella's going to be a big sister!
**This is not my test above. My new lens has yet to arrive so I had to find one on the web**
Friday, November 21, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
After a day full of exhaustion from myself.
After a day full of being bundled inside from the cold.
After a day of dreading tomorrow's dreaded 2nd flu dose for Isabella.
I have made an executive decision--a decision that will ensure that this Momma stays sane while keeping her family sane.
Tomorrow is declared take your child to Barnes & Noble and treat yourself to your favorite Starbucks drink--you know the one.
Don't forget to buy something for your little one....it will make your bookstore experience much. more. enjoyable. For everyone.
PS--I am going to buy the second book of the Twilight series. Being halfway done with the first I am now hooked on this crazy phenomenon that has swept over our country. (Don't mind that I am probably the only one around who hasn't completed book one yet....)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
With my phone. (that will be important here in a minute...)
So, I'm sitting out here in the living room. I can hear her in her room playing and just being Isabella.
Awhile later I thought I heard a woman's voice.
I perked up and listened. Nothing. Must have been one of her baby dolls.
Then I heard it again. And again. It kind of freaked me out that maybe someone was in her room!
I go into her room and there's Isabella squatting down with my phone open and someone talking to her--and she even managed to turn it on speaker--which explains why I heard someone talking.
You should have seen the look on Bella's face when she saw me come in her room--it was the look of "oh crap! I've been caught!"...hilarious!
I glanced down and saw it was my Mom's cell phone. I was still confused and said, "hello?!"
My Mom-Bella's Mema-was laughing hysterically.
Apparently they had been having a real conversation.
My mom said she saw me calling, answered and heard nothing but some rustling. That's when she knew it was Bella, ha!
She asked Bella if she had been good and Bella answered like of course she had been good today. And then she started jabbering away to her Mema.
At this point my Mom thought maybe something had happened to me and Bella was calling for help...which cracked me up for some reason!
So to everyone whose numbers are in my cell phone...if you get random phone calls, hangups or just weird calls from me?
Just remember--more than likely it's not me....it's Miss Bella....
Monday, November 17, 2008
He brought me home a thing of Double. Stuff. Oreos.
Yum! These are my favorite....by far.
As I was
He sits there for a second and replies.....
"It's not my fault you have no self control!"
Hm. Come to think of it?
I really don't.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
****Giveaway now closed****Winner will be announced shortly. Thank you to all who entered!
- For one entry, visit her Buster and boo shop. Come back here and tell me your favorite item(s) that she carries.
- For a second entry, visit her Woolies shop. Come back here again and tell me your favorite item from that shop in seperate comment. ***Important: leave a seperate comment for what you like at Woolies for your second chance!***
- This contest is open to anyone--you can live anywhere, she'll ship there!
- This contest will end at 12pm cst on Saturday November 22. From there one winner will be picked via random.org and notified.
- When leaving your comments you must leave me a way to get in touch with you in case you are the winner. If you have a blog, make sure you have your e-mail posted so I can e-mail you. If you don't have a blog, make you sure you leave your e-mail when you leave a comment.
Good luck to everyone who enters!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Since the time change you have decided to wake up at, oh, 5 o'clock in the morning. Every morning.
Due to my lack of sleep I feel unhumanly tired.
For example: Today when Mema called? She thought that I was sleeping.
Which would have been fine. If I was indeed sleeping.
So, honey, tonite? Please sleep. And sleep well into the morning. Momma doesn't mind if you sleep in.
Shoot, sleep until 7 and I will be ecstatic....alive....and normal feeling.
I love you, my little early bird.
And remember....sleep until you see the light outside. That is when Momma likes to wake up.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
The ever wonderful Tip Junkie is hosting some amazing giveaways!
Not only is she hosting giveaways (have I mentioned how amazing the prizes are?), but she is also the host of Mom-prenuer Shop-a-Thon which is showcasing some awesome Mom-prenuers!
Go over and check her out--I know you'll thank me later ;)
Without further ado....here we go....
The rules of this one? One word answers...only!
1. Where is your cell phone? Somewhere...
2. Your significant other? Couch
3. Your hair? healthy
4. Your mother? Loving
5. Your father? Loving
6. Your favorite thing? Isabella
7. Your dream last night? Bizarre....
8. Your favorite drink? DietCoke
9. Your dream/goal? success
10. The room you're in? warm
11. Your fear? death
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? thinner
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. What you're not? Mean
15. Muffins/donuts? Muffins
16. One of your wish list items? books
17. Where you grew up? Missouri
18. The last thing you did? talk
19. What are you wearing? clothes
20. Your TV? On
21. Your pet? Cat
22. Your computer? necessity
23. Your life? wonderful
24. Your mood? sleepy
25. Missing someone? yes
26. Favorite pastime? playing
27. Something you're not wearing? bikini (hehe....like I would ever wear a bikini again!)
28. Favorite Store? Target
29. Your summer? okay
30. Your favorite color? pink
31. When is the last time you laughed? Today
32. Last time you cried? unsure
33. Who will/would re-post this? dunno
34. Four places I go over: Target, Barnes & Noble, Gap, Toys R Us
35. Four people who e-mail me? sister, mom, Leo, grandma
36. Four of my favorite foods? Mexican, sushi, Italian, dessert
37. Four places I would like to be right now: Missouri, vacation, Dallas, shopping ;)
38. Four people I tag? anyone who wants to play along and let me know if you do!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Thank you for my check of money that the government somehow forgot to pay me while I was in the Air Force.
Nevermind that I have been out for over a year.
Nevermind that I now live in Mississippi and you sent it to my parents' house (that may be my fault, Santa. Don't worry, I'll be changing that soon so that mistake won't happen again....)
Because when I got the phone call from my Mom?
I was a little freaked out why she was calling me on Monday nite sounding worried...
Waiting for me.
This check could not have come at a more perfect time.
Property taxes, Christmas, travelling, camera lens....
You definitely got my list right this year!
Thank you, Santa! I now know to be good each and every year....cross my heart...
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
The good news for my week? Isabella has been so happy lately!
For the past, oh, shall I say two weeks, she has been grumpy. Grouchy. Lots of tears. Lots of unhappiness.
That was hard for me. I just didn't know what to do. I tried everything that I could think of and nothing worked.
So this week was much, much better!
Now on to some bad news that we all could have done without.
A lot of you asked about my camera lens....oh-how-I-cringe just thinking about it....
Basically, it was put somewhere it should not have been *ahem cough Leo*.
Isabella saw the pretty strap and pulled it down where it met its fate by landing lens down.
It was still working, but wasn't turning to focus as smoothly. I figured, hey, I can hold out 'til Christmas....but Leo had other plans.
He tried to inspect it, mess with it, whatever. And he freaking broke it!
Ahhhh! I was so upset....am upset, whatever....
So, that's the story of the death of my lens.
Which for good measure? I am still grieving and mourning until I have a working lens...
I have the honor of hosting another giveaway!
Let me tell you--I am jealous that you will get a chance to win some goodies from Crafty Ladies.
Tell me about Crafty Ladies: We're a mother and daughter team who love to create all sorts of gifts. I, (being the daughter) run the site, make the edibles (fudge, sampler and dipping spoons) and the soaps. I started out making frames (that is why the website says: cuteframesbyk). My mom started getting interested and asked me to add her stuff--all of the scarves and hats, ornaments, pet toys and jewelry.
Do you have any other shops? We decided since she (mom) made all of my wedding favors, that we would also put together a wedding shop, A Sentimental Affair.
Is there anything else you would like to add? I am the one who also created a blog for our site. For the past month, I have been looking for donations for bereavement baskets. I am delivering 10 baskets next week and another 10 in Dec. With the help of the Etsy community I have been able to gather a lot of generous donations for the baskets. You can check out my blog and see what sort of generousity there is on this site. http://creativeladies.blogspot.com/. If anyone would like donate an item please convo me through my Etsy shop. We have also donated many of our items to the outside community and try to run as many giveaways as we can to.We love being able to express our creativity with the world as well as networking with others.
They have generously offered 4 Chocolate Dipping Spoons w/Peppermint Topping! Yum! Just perfect for the cold weather that has started arriving at our doorsteps, don't you agree?
- Go visit their Etsy shop, Crafty Ladies. This is a must to be considered for the prize
- Leave me a comment on one item (besides the prize) that you love from their store
- You have until Friday Nov 14 @ 10 pm (CST) to enter
- One entry per person
- This contest is open to US residents only due to shipping costs
- Please leave me a way to contact you whether by blog, e-mail address
Thank you for entering and good luck to all!
The winner will be announced on Saturday the 15th. I will e-mail you after Random.org generates the winner.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
It never disappoints!
This week's theme is six things that bring me joy.
1. My family. I know that no matter what they love me for being me. Leo is my rock, my best friend and a wonderful husband. Isabella is funny, sweet, beautiful and is the best dance partner ever.
2. Starbucks. I love their hot pumpkin spice lattes or their iced caramel macchiato. I usually get them each time I go to Barnes and Noble. There's something about wandering around, browsing books with said coffee in hand. Pure bliss.
3. Reading. Books are my little getaway. For just a little bit I get to escape into their world, their lives and it's just a nice time for me to be in my own little world for a little bit.
4. Crafting. Whether it's making bows for Isabella, scrapbooking, making cards or just daydreaming about all that I want to do, I love it! It's also another thing that I can do for just a little bit of quietness by myself...I love seeing all that I can create. Totally relaxing.
5. Getting mail. I love getting mail. With the exception of bills, just opening a piece of mail brightens my day. A card, a gift, a magazine, my Netflix movie...it doesn't matter, I love it all.
6. Hmm....their are so many things that bring joy into my life. I had to think for a little bit on what my final list maker would be. I have decided it's going to be when I get my hair done and they wash my hair. I am usually so relaxed and daydreaming...totally relaxing....
Make sure you go visit KD and write a list of your own....and while you're at it--go check out her blog! Funniest. girl. ever!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
The past three days have been wonderful.
We have taken a walk every single day. The sun is shining, the wind is blowing and we even saw some trees changing colors.
You exclaim many times how everything is "pretty" or when you see a kitty you tell momma "kitty".
I love how when we come back you are so happy, so refreshed.
And so am I.
Our walks let us talk, let us listen and let us enjoy things that we would not get to enjoy if we were stuck indoors.
Yesterday when we saw two kittens? You. were. ecstatic.
You kept saying kitty over and over--and you saw them from so far away!
I love how when we return your cheeks are flushed, your hair is a little wind blown and you grin ear to ear.
I think this will be our new thing.
You, me, and a walk after your morning nap.
PS--I am not mad about the camera lens. Sad? Yes. But not mad. I've been wanting something nicer for awhile now....maybe Santa will bring one for me this Christmas....
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Wow, are you all in for a treat!
Sounds wonderful, right?
* I made us homemade banana bread last nite. Yum. Absolutely delish. Something so comforting about the smells drifting through our home and then eating eat fresh out of the oven. All while watching Amazing Race. Totally reminds me of being at home with my parents.
* I have absolutely no idea what to get Leo for Christmas. Is anyone else having that same problem? I am trying to get a majority of my lists together and I have no clue what to get the guy. Help!
* I am SO happy the election is Tuesday. I think if I see ONE more political ad or news story I will vomit. I have had it!! I understand it's the election but I really think the media is out.of.control with this one.
* We just found out that Leo may be getting deployed for six months. I am on pins and needles waiting to see if he will for sure be going. Once it is determined 100% I will go from there. At this moment I am not getting too worried. If it is going to happen I have to remain strong for Isabella. It was different before Isabella was here. I was so sad when Leo was gone the last time. I didn't know what to do. Now with Isabella here I a) won't be as lonely b) I have to remain strong for her. It will be a long, hard six months if he does go. Another day as a military wife....