Tuesday, April 28, 2009
My girl jumps!
She jumps her little heart out, that's for sure.
She starts by jumping. Which then turns to her jumping and landing on either booty or her knees. Which makes her start laughing uncontrollably and in turn it makes me start laughing uncontrollably!
We're signing her up for gymnastics soon--I think I may have a little gymnast on my hands...
Monday, April 27, 2009
But sometimes things are just so funny....and make for a great post.
Leo was sitting in the recliner tonite. I noticed the tiniest of a scrape but didn't question what happened. He must have read my mind because the next thing I know we're having this conversation:
Leo: (touching his scrape gingerly) I fell today, babes.
Me: (trying SO hard not to laugh) Oh? What happened?
L: Well, I was coming out of the gym this morning-
M: (Interrupting him) Were you in your blues?! (The Air Force dress type uniform)
L: Yes. Anyways, as I was saying. I didn't see this concrete curb and I fell.
M: (Starting to laugh uncontrollably--as does Isabella who is on my lap) What do you mean you fell?! That is hilarious!! I would have LOVED to see that!
L: (Still not seeing the humor) I didn't actually fall. I did a flip.
M: Ohmygawd!! A flip?! How did you do a flip?! Did anyone see you?? Hahahahaha!!!!
L: I fell forward and then somehow flew on my back. And, yes, one guy saw me and asked me if I was okay.
M: Thanks for the blog post honey!! A flip!! Hahahaha!
Leo wasn't exactly thrilled I was blogging this...but it's just too good not to share--I mean, come on--a flip of some sorts?!
***Note to Leo*** I love you babes, I do! But I really needed a laugh after the day I had today...Love you!
* We went to Houston on Thursday and came back yesterday--we had a so much fun! We met our newest niece, Emma, who is 2 weeks old. She.is.adorable! It was great practice for Isabella, too--and she did great! She loved giving Emma kisses and touching her little arms. I think my heart melted just watching her be so loving towards baby Emma.
* Isabella had her 18 month old check up last week and did great! She didn't cry at all during the exam which is a first for us. (She gets her shots this week, though, so I know there will be some tears). The ped couldn't believe how much she has changed and how tall she is. She's tall and thin--what a lucky girl!
* I'm pretty sure there aren't any more car trips in my near future if Leo has any say in it...I can't even count how many time we stopped on the way home yesterday. Lets just say it was a lot and I never want to see another public restroom again.
* While in Houston we went to my favorite store...that's right....Target! (Oh--quick side note--our Target here is being built, finally! The shopping center should be open October'ish....yeah!). I found a cute purse there, but didn't buy it...I'm really kicking myself for not getting it. I may be looking it up online and ordering it.
* All of Isabella's toddler furniture and blankets arrived last week. We now need to paint her room (yay!) and put it all together. I'm so excited for her to see it all together--and I'm really hoping she'll do okay with it...
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
I remember always looking forward to that next milestone--holding up her head, rolling over, first tooth, crawling, talking, eating solids...I couldn't wait for her to hit each and every one of them.
Fast forward to yesterday. She got in for her 18 month check up and her ped couldn't believe that Isabella is now such a toddler. And it hit me.
I can wait for the next milestone. I want time to stand still...I want to remember everything. Every little thing.
Like how yesterday we were at the hospital and she stopped to softly touch the wall made out of small rocks.
How yesterday she took off her diaper and was running around naked shrieking with laughter.
How she takes everything in and has to know what everything is--"Sat? Sat?"
How she says momma--"Mamamamamama"....I never want to forget how that sounds.
How at every meal she tries to climb up on the table to eat no matter how many times we tell her no--the girl has determination, that's for sure.
I take it back. From the beginning when I said I can't wait.
Because I can. And I will.
Monday, April 20, 2009
The day when my sweet Isabella ate out of the trash.
Before you gag, it wasn't that bad. In fact, I don't even blame her for what she did!
It started when I was making Leo's cakes. She kept telling me "mmmmmm" and "cookie".
She thought I was baking cookies. I then showed her the two round cakes and told her they were for Daddy's birthday.
After they were all cooled I frosted them. I made the mistake of giving her a lick of frosting. Now even more exaggerated "mmmmmmm" 's came from her.
After the cake was done, I pushed the cake as far back as possible knowing that she would stop at nothing to eat this cake.
I left the room to fold some clothes--leaving the laundry room door open where we keep the trash can.
I all of a sudden heard more of the same "mmmmm" 's that I had been hearing this whole time. I thought that maybe she had somehow gotten the cake--I wouldn't put anything past my little monkey.
Sure enough she had chocolate all over her hands, fingers, face.
She looked at me with her big brown eyes and told me much louder "mmmm".
I glance at the cake--no harm done.
I stopped to think...and then it hit me. She had dug her little hands into our trashcan in search of her one true love--chocolate frosting.
What can I say? The girl had a craving for chocolate and nothing would get in her way....
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I bought her (all from my favorite store, Target, of course!) a bed, nightstand, new bedding, a quilt, a cute pillow and a swimsuit.
Of course the swimsuit has nothing to do with the actual toddler decor. And I didn't tell Leo I bought her another one, but it's just so cute!!
I'll be sure to take pictures once it's all set up.
Oh--and don't tell Leo about the new swimsuit m'kay?
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Because, you know, you'll jinx yourself and whatever you were happy and having a convo about will no longer be true.
Lets just say this happens to me more times than I care to count...
My latest and greatest example?
It went along the lines of Leo and I cleaning up the kitchen last week. I turned to him, smiling, and blabbing something along the lines of, "I feel so lucky that Isabella hasn't learned to climb/jump/throw herself from her crib yet! Are we lucky or what?! I really think it's because we lowered it so early!" I'm surprised I didn't stick my hand out for a high five.
To which he responds, "I know! We are lucky...."
So...you can see where this is going, right?
Today at naptime I heard this strange sound coming from Isabella and her supposed naptime.
What in the....?! I thought to myself.
Thinking it was just the cat I continued to lay on the couch....my eyelids heavy with exhaustion.
Then the sound happened again. I immediately knew she was up to something and jumped up. Fast.
I open the door and gasped. Loudly.
She was half basking, half dangling. From the top of her crib.
We now have a crib leaper.
And I am now looking at Target for her new toddler decor.
After tossing and turning for what seemed like an eternity I decided to stop thinking about anything and everything that was stressing me out. I decided to think about things that I love, things that make me happy.
*Sipping sweet tea, reading a book on our front porch. It's so peaceful and relaxing....
*Isabella holding my hand when we are shopping....
*Sweet kisses from my baby girl. There's just something about her baby kisses that lite up my life.
*Leo raving about my dinner that I make him...or him thanking me for doing something as simple as laundry. What a sweetheart!
*Reading to Isabella. Even if it's the same book over and over....I just love seeing her face lite up when she is being read to.
*Going to church. After mass it feels like everything is peaceful and calm.
*Being pregnant. Although the first few months were so hard, it's totally worth it to feel Addison moving and to hear her heartbeat. I realize how lucky we are and that babies truly are a miracle of God's work.
I know my list is longer, but that's all I wanted to type for now. Maybe I'll start doing this more often. Especially if I'm feeling down or stressed.
What about you? What makes you happy?
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
It doesn't help that Isabella's new waking time is anywhere from 3 am to 4'something am. I'm not sure what's going on there...but it's a new schedule that we're not used to and we're really not sure we like a lot...
So many tears, tantrums and a tired momma. And tired dadda.
Hopefully her new schedule will correct itself soon...oh, how I hope!
Anytime we go anywhere and she sees a bird? We must stop and watch the bird.
Same thing if she hears a bird. It's my duty to find where that birdie is.
I tell you this because I recently got a new feather pillow. And we all know that with feather pillows the feathers will fall out...or poke out and get pulled out by me.
For the past couple of days Isabella has been finding the runaway feathers and collecting them. (Remember--she loves loot and treasure of any kind!)
Today she started putting the feathers on me....I think she wants me to be a bird!
You know, because birds obviously sing prettier than me....
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
**Never, I repeat, never let the husband leave holiday candy at home while he is at work. I may or may not have downed 4 *cough* Cadbury Cream Eggs in a matter of one day. And there may or may not be a dent in the enormous bag of Fun Size Skittles....
**Do not attempt to ride any kiddie rides with your toddler. Doing so may result in dizziness and all around being nauseated the remainder of the day.
**For the husbands--if your wife tells you she has a craving for something the appropriate response is not "sure! we can get it on the weekend!" And then do not try to argue with your 6 month pregnant wife that yes, you do indeed know what having a craving is like. Because can I say something? You. have. no. idea....
**Get yourself pampered every once in awhile! Get your hair done, read a book, get a pedi...so worth it...
**When your husband accidentally buys sausage tortellini instead of cheese....don't eat it. Unless you want to be awake all nite long with heartburn. Not fun!
**Back to the whole pedi topic. Don't attempt to do one yourself. Chances are you won't reach your feet and your husband may offer to help. Which is super sweet! But the end result may not be as sweet....
Am I the only one who this happens to?
You're on the couch with your little one....who is 18 months old.
You're watching Yo Gabba Gabba together because you love her so much and dvr'd it...even though you've seen this episode a countless amount of times.
You, the mom, start singing along--not loudly, just softly as you read some of your favorite blogs.
Your little one shrieks out loud.
Hm, you think. Is she shrieking at my voice?! No way! (I mean, I'm no American Idol, but I don't think I'm as bad as some of those who try out for the show....)
So you sing a little more.
She shrieks a little more.
You sing again. And again.
Guess what follows it? That's right...shrieking!
She then head butts you on your cheek and shrieks.
The singing stops.
And then? The shrieking has ended.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Timestamp: 2009-04-12 16:59:50 UTC
It has been forever since I've hosted a giveaway--and I am honored to bring you this giveaway!
I was recently contacted by Shiloah Baker, owner of Homemaking Cottage & Co. and mother of 7, to see if I would be interested in hosting a giveaway for her.
Would I ever! Let me give you and overview of what The Homemaking Cottage has to offer as a company and then we'll get to the giveaway part.
This giveaway is definitely for anyone who loves crafting, cooking and homemaking. As soon as I had logged onto her site I was in love with it.
They offer sections on home & garden, crafting, kitchen and cooking, family, entertaining, decorating and many, many more.
From the owner, Shiloah:
My website is focused on inspiring women in their callings as homemakers. Many feel it is a thankless job and get tired of the mundane day to day life at home. I have a passion for homemaking and wish to uplift and inspire all the women who come to the website. It is updated almost daily. The Homemaking Cottage is the right fit for today’s homemakers!
I am inspired by women over the centuries who raised strong, influential, hard working youth who later became leaders of our country. I look to those women who endured times of hardship, illness or even separations from their husbands due to war, missions or death and despite the trials persevered and came out victorious and their children called them blessed. Women such as Abigail Adams, Martha Washington, Emma Smith, and many others. I'm inspired by the influential women of today who are successful mothers, homemakers, business owners and writers and I wish to inspire other women to become the same.
Being a mother of seven children, I have learned much on how to keep a smiling face and cheerful attitude while I tend to the home. I love what I do and hope I can share that enthusiasm with the website visitors.
I loved reading more about her and the company, The Homemaking Cottage. She and her staff are truly, truly talented--and to offer all of this in one place is amazing! They definitely know us moms are too busy to search all over the web to find information when all we have to do is log onto their site.
She has been oh-so-generous and has offered one lucky winner an all paid one year membership (valued at $36!) to the Deluxe Edition on The Homemaking Cottage!
Here is a brief description what the Deluxe Edition is:
The winner will receive his/her own account with customized username and password as well as the other priveledges of our Deluxe Subscribers.
As with any giveaway here are the rules:
* For your initial entry you must visit their website (click any of the links above). Come back here and tell me what you like the best about the website. Is there a certain section that you love? Tell me about it! (this must be done in order to earn at least one entry. If you do not do this your entry will be deleted)
* Want to earn additional entries? Follow me (1 extra entry), become a subscriber (1 extra entry), follow me on Twitter (1 extra entry), blog about this giveaway (3 extra entries!!), Tweet about this giveaway (2 extra entries!). (For each additional entry you must leave a separate comment. If you earned the maximum of 8 extra entries, leave me 8 more comments) **you must leave me a way to contact you! Either through your blog or with an e-mail address. You don't have to have a blog to win, just a good way to contact you.
* This giveaway will run until noon on April 12th. All entries after that time will be deleted. Random.org will be used to pick the winner and I will notify the winner by e-mail. Winner will have 48 hours to respond back to me--if no response another winner will be picked using Random.org.
Good luck to all of my readers!
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Isabella LOVES her Playskool Glowie! She puts herself to sleep every nite with her--we will definitely be buying Addison one.Bath and Body's Butterfly Flower scent--so summery and wonderful! I have requested Leo to surprise me with the body butter...it's my latest favorite scent.
Chelsea Handler's Book "Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea" is a light, easy read--and a must have if you are needing to laugh and forget about things for awhile! I am halfway through this book and am loving it! There are so many parts where I've laughed out loud--LOVE it and LOVE her!
Leo loves this book--a must have for any bbq lover! He has this and the How to Grill book--he loves them and I love them because he has created so many yummy recipes with them! Definitely an idea for Father's Day for anyone already wondering what to get their husband or dad.
I found this soap at Wal-Mart--and I love it! It's called Sweet Pea and Violet--it smells amazing for summer time and is so refreshing. Another perk? It's not expensive! So you get to smell amazing and save money at the same time.
With each of my pregnancies I have been pregnant in the spring and summer. And with both I am addicted to ice cream....this time around it's Ben & Jerry's Imagine Whirled Peace inspired by none other John Lennon. It. is. to. die. for!! I was even nice and shared with Isabella and Leo and they both loved it, too.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Here are the highlights from our time outside (let me state ahead of time that it only lasted a little over an hour...):
* Isabella picking me flowers and grass
* Isabella attempting to eat said flowers and grass
* Me digging said flowers and grass out of her mouth--in return she bites me
* In return of the bite I threaten that outside time will be over if any other form of violence towards Momma continues
* Cat joins us outside
* Cute until she eats grass and starts doing that disgusting gagging and cat throwing up thing
* Isabella runs to see what is wrong with her kitty and tries to inspect said throw up--with her hands
* Dog poops within feet of my chair while we are inside getting water
* I do not discover this until Isabella picks up said poop with her hands.
* She manages to get it on her shirt and shorts as well
* We rush inside to clean up all dog poop on Isabella. She is now in a diaper, socks and cute hairbow--sans poopy clothes....
* Outside time is officially declared over for the day until Daddy comes home and scoops up all dog poop
So there you have it...our joyous, fun-filled afternoon outside!
Although I did manage to read one and a half magazines while out there--yay!
* I really don't want them to weigh me at my appointment on the 13th. With Isabella I gained SO much weight. And never lost it all before I got pregnant with Addison. I know I ate way too much last week in Missouri....and this week at home isn't much better. It's like I grew an extra stomach or something?
* Yesterday we had horrible storms move through where we live on the coast. Isabella helped me get pillows, blankets and her lovies in the hallway in case we had to take cover. She settled down on top of our massive pile with a blueberry muffin, milk and a hairbrush. You know, because she loves getting her hairbrushed even amidst tornadoes...
* I am loving Lifetime Movie Network. Love that channel! Call me what you want but there are somedays that you just need to watch a cheesy movie and forget about everything for a couple of hours. Trust me.