Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Finding Bliss by Dina Silver




Once upon a time I was introduced to an author by the name of Dina Silver. I fell in love with her her books after reading One Pink Line followed by Kat Fight. Some may call her writing style chick lit.

I? Say her style is kick-ass.

I had the pleasure of receiving an advanced copy of her newest (and I must add my favorite) novel Finding Bliss. 



Here is the scoop on this summer must-read:


About:

Chloe Carlyle has always longed for the perfect family. 

Growing up with an alcoholic single mother, she has seen her share of heartbreak and disappointment, and is striving to build a new legacy for herself. After graduating from college, she takes a job working as a summer girl for the Reeds––a wealthy, accomplished family that personifies her American dream. Her summer takes an unexpected turn when the Reeds’ eldest son Tyler, the star quarterback for Notre Dame, shows up and turns her life upside down.

An ambitious young woman with a wry sense of humor, Chloe never imagined herself as the type to succumb to the looks and charms of the hometown hero, but she falls hard for Tyler, and is devastated when they part ways at the end of the summer. As she heads off to law school, Chloe tries to convince herself this was just a fling, but she can’t quite get over him. It’s not until Tyler contacts her out of the blue late one winter night that everything changes. 

After doing everything in her power to build the perfect life, Chloe soon learns that there are things beyond her control. She must draw on inner reserves of strength as her life takes unpredictable—and sometimes heartbreaking—twists and turns, and she finds herself faced with decisions she never thought she’d have to make. Poignant, heartfelt, and emotional,Finding Bliss is a reminder that you don’t have to live a fairytale life in order to have a happy ending.


My Thoughts:

As I claimed above, Finding Bliss is my new favorite Dina Silver novel. Chloe was lovable and while reading I saw myself as her. We all had the good looking guy in high school or college that we thought would never give us a second glance. It was fun to read Tyler and Chloe's journey from the beginning to the end.

There were moments in the book that broke my heart, and moments in the book that gave me butterflies. If you are looking for a book to toss in your beach bag as you head to the beach or the local pool, I highly recommend you giving Finding Bliss a chance. Between the romance and the flawless writing style of Dina Silver, you will finish the book wanting more and hoping your girlfriends read it so you can have a fun night of wine drinking and talking about the book.

I am giving Finding Bliss five out of five stars--no surprise there!


Where to Buy:

Now that you are dying to get your hands on the book, here are the details on where you can buy it.

Available now for pre-order and will be released on July 16th, 2013 through these retailers:



About Dina Silver:

A graduate of Purdue University, Dina Silver has worked as a copywriter in the advertising industry for the past fifteen years. After seeing the bulk of her professional prose on brochures and direct-mail pieces, she is delighted to have made the transition to novelist. Her debut, One Pink Line, was chosen as a 2012 Top Title by IndieReader and was also a finalist in their 2012 Discovery Awards. Silver lives in Chicago with her husband and son.

Want to connect with Dina? Find her here:



I was provided with a paperback copy of Finding Bliss in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed above are my own. No other compensation was given. A HUGE thank you to Dina Silver for this opportunity!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a great book! I'm going to check it out because it sounds like something I'd love to read. I'm reading another book now that you might like called “Secrets of a Spiritual Guru” by Tamara Lee Dorris, http://tamaradorris.net/. It's everything rolled in to one; chick-lit, humor, contemporary fiction, self help. It's a great book and a few of my girlfriends have read it as well. Thank you for the review and suggestion, I'm going to give Dina Silver's books a whirl!