Sunday, May 31, 2009
After our naps today she wanted to go outside. I was starving so we decided to grill out at the same time.
She wanted to play with her sprinkler mat and I brought out a good book to read in the shade. I didn't bother putting her suit on--she didn't mind and I didn't mind.
But someone (ahem, Leo) thought that I should put her suit on.
After she was changed she didn't even go play in the water--she was just chillin' in her toddler coupe car.
She was on the porch and telling us bye, waving, the works.
I noticed she was quiet for awhile but glancing at her next to me she was just, well, chillin'.
She suddenly jumps up and says uh-oh!
Which, by the way, she has done all day and points to her diaper.
I saw what I thought was. um, dirt on her hands and she came over to me.
The dirt now looked like mud up close.
Uh-oh. Now it was my turn to say it.
I opened up her swimsuit (note--there was no swim diaper on, I figured she wouldn't go in her suit....) and the "mud" was in there.
The mud? Not so much mud.
I looked down. It was on my leg from her hands.
Leo ran and got the hose, stripped her down and started spraying.
He was spraying and trying to get her sandals off and she lands right. on. his. foot!!
I was laughing so hard at the scene playing out in front of me.
Poop was literally everywhere. The back door, our legs, his foot and shoe and the whole time she was getting sprayed off?
She kept shrieking "Weeeee!" like she was having the time of her life.
Thanks for the laughs, Bella! I definitely needed those, sweetheart, I definitely needed some laughs.
And you never fail to deliver.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
To work out hard.
To sweat, have sore muscles from a great workout. To start running like I once did.
And to lose weight.
But right now?
My body is creating another human.
I can't lose weight.
I can't do the workouts I am craving to do.
It's not that I'm not happy for others, but it's hard to hear when you are sitting in your home, ac turned down to below 70 and still baking and feeling like a whale.
It's hard bc the heat and humidity down here are a pregnant girl's worst enemy.
It's hard bc I see cute summer clothes everywhere I turn and I feel so frumpy.
It's hard bc I am jealous. Jealous that my husband gets to work out whenever he wants....go on a run, lift weights, etc. Jealous of reading about how everyone is shaping up for summer.
Sorry to be such a downer....it's just been really hard lately with summer approaching and everywhere I turn is a commercial to lose weight. Or something about bikinis and looking great and feeling great.
Blah blah blah.
And here I am.
Just trying to remain positive for the next 9 weeks.
I watch it, get a little freaked out (only sometimes) and then?
I cry every. single. time!
All of the emotions, the first feelings come flooding back to me when I had Isabella.
Birth is so amazing...so special....and so magical.
It's so hard to describe birth to someone who hasn't gone through it.
Watching the show brings me back to when Isabella was born. I remember everything from that day. Everything.
I can't wait to go through the birthing process with Addison. I want to meet my chilled out little girl (Isabella was a bundle of energy--way before she was born! Addison is so chill. It's crazy how different they are already).
I am hoping to not have to be induced this time. I feel like I missed out on a lot of the excitement.
And since the epidural didn't work with Isabella...I am *fingers crossed* hoping to have a natural childbirth.
Off to watch more TLC birthing shows...what can I say? I'm hooked!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Isabella got seen last Friday, determined she had a bad ear infection and got prescribed an antibiotic. Well, during the weekend she was still running a temp of 101.5, wasn't sleeping and started having a really congested cough.
One of the peds in the clinic prescribed her a new antibiotic yesterday and you know what....she slept all. nite. long!!!
No waking up every hour coughing and then crying. No temperature last nite. And she slept until 8:30 this morning!!
I am praying this new med will clear her up completely. It broke my heart in so many pieces seeing her so sick and just not herself (if you can beleive it, our house was toy free for days. That is how sick my munchkin was).
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I am hoping that this week will be a much. better. week!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Yesterday was rough.
Our dog ran away (shall I say Leo's dog...my poor husband has had a rough couple of days).
Bella has a temp over 102. (**took her to the doctor today. She has a nasty ear infection, my poor girl).
I had a temp of 100. (**thankfully I am 100% today).
Mississippi ants have invaded our home. Mainly our bathroom?! And I know my house is clean...I have worked sooo hard this week!!
So, I thought
Because my girl always makes me smile...even through the rain of bad days.
I love how even though she is sick she still loves to make her momma smile. It works every. single. time.
Oh--and please excuse my annoying commentary. I cringed when I listened!!
Enjoy and hope everyone has a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
* You now say "mmmm....good!" with such enthusiasm. But not to real food...you say it when you get out a can of kitty's food and pretend to eat it, you say it when "drinking" from your tea set, you say it when you eat your pretend food. And the latest? You got out one of your paintbrushes and looked at me...."Mmmm! Goooood!"
* You can do forward rolls. Where did you learn that from? Can't wait to get you signed up for gymnastics! I really think you'll love it.
* Anytime you see a cotton ball you sit down to take off your toenail polish. You LOVE getting your toes painted and you love to help take it off. You have somehow hidden many cotton balls around the house (you love your little treasures!) and you will go and retrieve one any time you think your toes need a touch up. I love you, my girly girl!
* You also love my make-up. You want to wear my eyeshadow, my blush...you name it. You come up to me when I am doing my make up, close your eyes and point to your eyelids. When they are done you point to your cheeks for some blush. I love it!
* You also love to wear my lip gloss. You don't care what kind it is, you want it. Lately I've been hooked on Carmex for my dry lips and you love when I share with you. You point to your lips and I put it on.
* When I am putting my body butter on my big tummy you help me--and let me tell you, you are the best helper! You get some out and then rub it on my tummy. And you don't skimp on the amount. Nope, not you. You truly cover my belly with it. Because of you my tummy itches less and less. Thank you, sweet girl!
* You now say "sissy" when we talk about Addison. When we were at Target (hello, heaven!) you asked what the carseat was, the bottles, the new towels and washclothes. I told you they were for sissy and patted my tummy. You then looked at me with those big brown eyes and said "sissy!". I think my heart melted right there on the spot.
* Remember when we first moved you into your new bed and you didn't like it very much? You love your room now. Just wait until daddy paints your room--you'll never want to leave! I still get sad and miss you, but when I go and check on you before I go to bed I sit there and just watch you sleep. You are so peaceful with your army of stuffed animals and your blankie. And you rarely wake up at nite any more. I really think we did good, honey.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
As he was kissing Isabella bye at the airport she started crying. With big, big tears.
Which broke my heart. And broke her daddy's heart.
I told her when we got home I would make her some cookies, which I did and that seemed to cheer her up quite a bit! Warm cookies straight from the oven tend to make everything better, don't they?
Tomorrow we have to run to base to get my iron pills and then I was thinking Starbucks and Hobby Lobby.
Because those two things always cheer us up. Me with an iced non-fat caramel macchiato no whip and Isabella a sugar cookie with sprinkles....yum! Then off to wander the endless aisles at Hobby Lobby.
With drink and cookie in tow.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Last nite she looked at our cat and asked me, "sat? sat?" (She loves asking me "sat?" even when she knows what things are. It never fails to make me laugh!)
I told her that was kitty silly girl! You know kitty!
She was silent for a few seconds.
Looked at me and corrected me.
I wonder what word will be next where I'm corrected?
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
If you guessed Isabella...you'd be right!
Monday nite Leo told Isabella it was ni-nite time.
(with tears): "No! Meanmeanmeanmeanmean!"
I had to giggle at that one....especially since I have not been declared as meanmeanmeanmeanmean! That special nickname now belongs to Leo :)
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Things were going great...rolling along....and then disaster.
I was hot gluing--and let me tell you this stuff was no joke. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't boiling out of the gun--some ribbon on the border of the canvas.
And then it happened.
I hot glued my finger!!! I have no idea how....one minute I was a crafting fool and the next? I was a screaming mess.
Holy crap. It. was. painful!!
As I was trying to get it off of my finger I didn't realize just how much glue was actually on my finger.
And when I pulled? I managed to take off some skin.
Lovely. I think I'll lay off the crafts for awhile...no wonder I hadn't done any for so long....
True Random Number Generator Min: Max: Result: 16
True Random Number Generator Min: Max: Result: 8
True Random Number Generator Min: Max: Result: 10
Congrats to Chance, Casey Aubut, and Susan! I'll be contacting you shortly!
And a HUGE thank you to Angie from Bear River Photo Greetings.
Enjoy your prize, ladies!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
It started with a yummy breakfast sandwich....bacon, egg and cheese biscuit to be exact. I've been trying to eat healthy breakfasts and this was a delightful way to be spoiled.
Isabella then gave me a card which she signed and picked out herself--it had 2 adorable kitties on the front (one momma and one baby). She and I LOVE our cat so this was the perfect card...
Leo and Bella then gave me two gifts (they surprised me with a trip to Barnes and Noble last nite to treat me with a Starbucks and a brand new book! My two sweethearts know me all too well.)--they got me a new table for our patio out back and Marley and Me...one of my favorite movies.
I then took a LOOOONG nap snuggled in bed and after that we planted flowers in two pots we had bought a month ago. Leo then grilled out some delicious steaks for us and we played outside while he cooked.
But my favorite part of the day?
Leo came out to the living room where I had been reading. He took my hand and told me he needed to show me something....he then led me into our bathroom which he had filled up our tub to the top with bubbles. He had lit a candle. He had poured me a Coke Zero in my favorite pink glass. Had a wash cloth out and turned on a Chris Botti cd.
Wow. I was speechless, breathless...and crying (of course! Crazy hormones!!). He and Isabella left me in there to relax...by myself and with some beautiful music.
It was a perfect day...a perfect Mother's Day...spent with my 2 favorite people.
Happy Mother's Day to all mom's--whether you have angels in heaven or angels on earth, you are a mom.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Today is day three of the toddler bed.
Day one--extremely hard....lots of tears (mine included)
Day two--nap: so/so...nite time: she slept from 7:30 pm until 9 am
Day three--nap: perfect. She had her glowie, her blankie and paci which = a nice, long nap
I am still saddened...she slept in a crib in our room up until Sunday. But my heart is slowly healing *smile* Even though I miss my roomie.
Monday, May 4, 2009
- This contest is open to anyone! As long as you have somewhere to print off the prints, you are eligible to win!
- For your first entry you need to click on any of the links above and tell me which one you would pick if you won. Easy, right? Remember--if you don't have a blog to leave me your e-mail address in your comment so I can notify you if you win! If I don't have an address, I can't contact you :)
- For one extra entry--become a follower to Angie's blog.
- For one extra entry--become a follower to my blog.
- For one extra entry--tweet about this giveaway--make sure you leave me the link so I can check.
- If you purchase something from her, you will receive 10 extra entries!
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each extra entry that you do so they will count.
- This giveaway will run until May 12th at noon CST. At that time I will use Random.org to choose the three winners.
She has also graciously offered to give a 15% discount to all of my readers throughout the month of May. Use the code word "CMAM15" when ordering, and you will receive the discount by way of refund after their purchase.