As a mom to three little girls I have learned quite a few ways to make my life both easier and more efficient on the go. I have been a mom for almost four years now and let me tell you--my efficiency skills have improved so much since day one of holding a baby in my arms.
Here are my top ten ways of making things a lot easier on myself on those days when we have errands to run and for the days that we will be staying at home:
1) Set clothes out the night before. I cannot tell you how much easier this makes my life! Not only for myself, but for my girls, too.
2) Get a coffee pot that has a self timer that you can set for the night before. If you don't care for hot coffee or you would rather grab something quick to drink, grab a Seattle's Best canned iced latte--perfect for this summer heat wave we have going on here on the Gulf Coast.
3) Pack the diaper bag the night before. This is a no brainer for me. Remember extra clothes, diapers, wipes, snacks and activities.
4) If you have pets feed them the night before for the next day. Our dog sleeps in a crate so I always make sure to feed her the night before.
5) Get your bowls, spoons, and cups out for the next morning. I also fill up my girls' juice cups for the next morning and have those in the fridge to grab out first thing in the morning.
6) Shower and do your hair the night before. I love doing this--makes my life way easier the next day. No messing with my hair dryer and straightener in the morning.
7) Set your alarm a little earlier so you can get yourself ready first. Eat, brush teeth, get dressed, do makeup. Knowing that I'm ready first makes my morning much easier.
8) Plan your menu for the work week. Not trying to come up with a quick and easy dinner last minute makes my life and my family's life much easier and less stressful.
9) Have plenty of prepackaged snacks like crackers, fresh fruit, etc on hand. Having a newborn in my house makes life a lot harder, so having easy to grab and healthy snacks for my girls makes all of our lives less stressful.
10) Don't let the laundry pile up-both clean and dirty. Before you know it you'll have a mountain and from experience that is totally overwhelming. Keep up with it and fold it as soon as possible. That alone makes me feel a lot better overall.
So there you have my top ten tips that make my life both easier and more efficient. I've learned that being as prepared as I can be ahead of time makes my life easier in the long run. When I'm happy, the house is happy. When I'm not stressed the rest of my house runs a lot smoother!
Do you have any tips that make your life easier and more efficient? I would love to learn more and snag some great tips.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.