Monday, December 14, 2009

Tick Tock...Tick Tock...

I know I've talked about what a big procrastinator I am.

It's not that I'm lazy.  {stop laughing}  I am just busy...{except for this weekend.  My party was awesome and I then became a lazy mom for a weekend.  And it, too, was awesome.  Thank you, Leo, for allowing me to become lazy for a couple of days.}.

Here is a list of my procrastinator offenses that I've tallied up {these are all present offenses here}:

-I am still no closer to being done with Christmas shopping than I was when I typed up that meme. 

-I haven't written a "me" blog post in, oh, Idontknowhowlongitsbeentotellyouthetruth.

-I haven't made a list for what to pack for our Missouri/Indiana trip.  We leave Friday.

-I still don't even know what to get almost everyone for Christmas. 

And after typing this out, I am even more stressed and once again wide awake at almost 1 in the morning. 

This is a vicious cycle, my friends.  A vicious cycle that not only stresses me out, but causes me to be an insomniac. 

I am now forcing myself to at least write out some lists.  For some reason that satisfies me and somehow convinces me that I am no longer a procrastinator because I wrote a list. 

Take that little tip and run with it, friends--but only if you procrastinate like me.  If you're already done doing all of your holiday shopping, wrapping, cookie baking, card addressing/mailing...shutty.  I don't want to hear it.

I'm kidding.  Go ahead and rub it in my face {but do it nicely, okay?}.

ps-I think I like the thrill of the waiting.  To see if I could possibly accomplish everything I need to do.  I love it.  I thrive off of it.  It fuels me to be awesome.

ps again-case in point--I was just putting my post label on and guess what was already in there?  Procrastinating.  Ha!

21 comments:

Llama said...

I am the worst procrastinator...I have to agree that I too think I secretly enjoy seeing if I could get it all done! HAHA! I am also queen of lists...so funny bc i was just going to make my list of Christmas gifts today...considering I have hardly bought anything for anyone! HAHA!

Liz Mays said...

I thought I was bad, but I actually finally did nearly finish my shopping!

Anonymous said...

hehe you can do it!! I am not done wrapping.. but other than that I am ready.. I am however completely out of money.. so its a good thing I am done shopping ;-)

Clare said...

good luck getting it all done!! this is such a stressful time of year!

Lin said...

Ugh, I've been putting off all my christmas shopping as well. I know I'm gonna hate myself for it when I end up getting everyone socks (lol) but I just dont want to deal with the lines at the stores.

I hope you get most of your stuff done!

amanda said...

i live by lists.

secret? i always write down stuff i have already done just so i can cross it off and feel accomplished!

Kimi said...

Oh I'm totally understanding you here. I'm a huge procrastinator! HUGE. I like to have everything nicely planned out but wait until the very last minute to actually act on that plan, lol

Anti-Supermom said...

Chelle, just wanted to say - you are *not* alone :)

Theta Mom said...

Girl, you are not alone! I'm sure you'll find a way to get it all done. Somehow, we make it work!

Eve said...

I'm trying very hard not to rub it in.... I'm trying!

I have to be this organized though because I think I would have mentally broken down if I hadn't sorted out everything already. But I'm a head case ;)

Good luck! If I could help I would!

Kristen said...

I think you should just convince yourself that you are waiting for the best deals! Why shop early and get everything when you could shop later and get everything on sale! :)

I think you are one smart mama!

Bombtastic Belle said...

We're doing the same thing right now -we have to finish Christmas shopping this weekend before we leave next week for TX. Ugh. We decided that it's so late and we're going ot be bringing in so much already that we're going to get gift cards and callit done. *lol*

Jewls said...

Ugh..we spent all day Christmas shopping and then remembered we forgot ONE THING! GRRRR....I hate shopping at this time of year, it's unbearable! Good luck with all of your tasks!

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

I do the EXACT same thing with lists! For some reason it makes me feel better when everything is written down.

Anonymous said...

Thank the good Lord I am not the only one! Your not alone girl! Haha. Hope your having a great week! xoxo

Unknown said...

I'm pretty good at procrastinating myself so I hear you girl! Still several gifts to buy, including some for my hubs!

Unknown said...

My to-do list keeps getting longer and longer and longer. I'm right there with you Momma!

G said...

my floor is growing strange mushrooms from not cleaning it.

Pres. Kathy said...

I knock 3 things of my to do list and then I add 10! At this rate nothing will be done!

prashant said...

I'm sure you'll find a way to get it all done. Somehow, we make it work!

Work from home India

Grizzly Bear said...

This last year and half, I am the queen of procrastination... really bad I mean really bad.....