Monday, December 7, 2009

Wen Cleansing Conditioner {A Winey Mommy Review}

I recently had the chance to review Wen Cleaning Conditioner {in sweet almond mint}.  I don't know about y'all but when it comes to hair care products I am super picky.

I am cursed blessed with extremely thick and wavy hair--and living in the South?  Oh my.  It's so hard to find a good shampoo/conditioner/product that won't totally dry out my hair or make my hair extremely greasy. 

When the Wen Cleansing Conditioner arrived I was ecstatic to review it.  It recently was awarded the coveted Shecky's "Beauty at its Best Award" for both their shampoo and condtioner.  I love using a product that's been recognized--that means {to me} that it must be great to quite a few people out there.

This conditioner is a single step process that cleanses and conditions--which means there is no need to use a seperate shampoo.  I read on the back of the bottle that this product doesn't lather.  It's like a really thick conditioner treatment for your hair that you leave on for 3-5 minutes, depending on the amount of conditioning you are looking for {more if you have longer hair}.  It's also made with natural ingredients which is very important to me--both for myself and my family.  The Wen Cleansing Conditioner does not contain sodium laurel sulfate and other damaging detergents that can be found in a lot of other shampoos/conditioners. 

***Product Benefits***

*Will give your hair added moisture, body and shine
*Works great on a variety of hair types including wavy, straight, curly and ethnic hair
*Leaves your hair soft, manageable and touchable
*Is usable both before and after any chemical treatment or when hair has been stressed
*Strengthening action that will repair damage, renews elasticity and reduces chemical stress of dry and/or extremely damaged hair

***My Opinion***

I used the Wen Cleansing Conditioner last nite.  It smelled SO good--very minty and fresh.  In my opinion it's a great product to use in the morning if you're tired and taking a shower--the scent will wake you up and perk you right up!

I pumped the recommended 16-24 pumps into my hand and massaged into my scalp and hair {and remember it's both a shampoo and conditioner--awesome!!}.  I let it set for ~5 minutes and then rinsed.  I was afraid because of how thick it was that it would be hard to rinse out and leave a film on my hair.  I was wrong!  It left my hair feeling so clean--I loved how clean my hair felt.

I then did the "ultimate test"--blow drying my hair.  My hair tends to frizz out quite a bit if I don't use the right conditioner.  I blow dried and straightened my hair--perfection.  I seriously loved it.  Even the husband complimented me on my hair.  I loved that he even noticed that I was having a great hair day.

I would definitely recommend this product to my family, friends and readers.  I loved it that much.  A great product that both smells wonderful and did its job--with natural ingredients. 


***Where to Buy?***

You can purchase any of the Wen by Chaz Dean products on their website.  The set includes the Wen Cleansing Conditioner {which is what I received} as well as styling creme, re moist intensive hair repair mask, texture balm and a wide tooth shower comb.  All for the great price of $29.95!


I was provided a free bottle of the Wen Cleansing Conditioner in order to write a product review and give my honest opinion.  I was not paid to write this post and all opinions above are honest and written by me and by my experience.  I want to thank Traci and The Product Review Place for giving me the opportunity to complete this review.

3 comments:

Jewls said...

Hmmmm...I'm jealous of your thick wavy hair....I have very thin, very fine curly hair and I live in the desert so my scalp is always dry and itchy...do they have any products for that?

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

That sounds like a great product! I will add it to my list of splurges to try sometime. It would be nice to have a combo product that actually works!

Liz Mays said...

It smelled minty? I've never used a minty hair product. I think I'd be happy all day long!