Imagine my surprise when the cool weather hit and my hair turned into a disgustingly dry mess. It was awful. I resorted to throwing my not so lovely locks into a quick ponytail and went on with my life.
Until the day I was doing some Google
research browsing and stumbled upon using olive oil in your hair. Genius! We had plenty of olive oil and I announced to Leo that I was going to take a shower.
I went into the kitchen and got a measuring cup. I filled it up part way with water and then added the olive oil. I popped the concoction into the microwave and once it was done getting warm I took it into the shower.
I had tested the mixture with a dip of my finger-not too hot. Perfect. My hair was about to be awesome.
I wet my hair and decided to test the oil one more time to ensure that is was not too hot. I dipped in three of my fingers to stir it up.
That is what came out of my mouth screaming. I had just managed to scald three fingers. I should have taken that as a sign to just stop, but no, I ignored this warning.
Once I recovered and deemed my oil miracle safe, I used my one good hand and I very carefully drenched my hair with my oil miracle. As doing so I kept picturing perfectly soft hair. I envisioned strangers coming up to me to ask me what my secret was, and I would tell them with a whisper it's olive oil...
Snapping back to reality I rinsed out my hair. Huh. It wasn't rinsing out as well as I thought that it would.
I did another rinse.
My hair felt like a water repellent. I quickly dumped some shampoo on my head and scrubbed it. Crap. This was so not going as planned.
After drying off I went into the living room filled with shame and embarrassment. I had one hand that wasn't functional. And even worse I looked like a duck that had been rescued from an oil spill.
Leo thought that this was hilarious. I told him once I blow dried it that my hair would be stunning.
I went and dried my hair. I looked into the mirror with sadness. My hair was not beautiful. It was sure as hell wasn't soft. It looked that I hadn't washed my hair in months.
I learned something very valuable with this hair fail: never stick my hand in a water/oil microwaved mixture.