Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Diane Birch CD {Review}

Recently I was lucky enough to review the much anticipated cd of Diane Birch (titled Bible Belt) courtesy of One 2 One Network.

I had never heard of Diane Birch before they contacted me to see if I would be interested in doing a music review so I headed over to her MySpace page. She did not disappoint!

Her music is so soothing, soulful and just made me feel good. It's definitely a cd I would listen to if I was having a stressful day or out driving with Isabella. It's so hard to find cd's that the entire family can enjoy and I would have to say that "Bible Belt" is a cd for the entire family.

Here's a short bio that I recieved from her official site:

Since she was seven, Birch had been studying piano via the learn-by-ear Suzuki Method and had cultivated the ability to replicate a melody upon hearing it. As she explains, “Ever since I was a kid, I have been incredibly fortunate in that I could hear something and then just play it.”

When she was old enough to live on her own, Birch moved to L.A., with the notion of becoming a film composer: To make ends meet, she quickly learned a standards repertoire and pursued work as pianist-for-hire, eventually landing regular gigs at the Beverly Hills Hotel and L’Orangerie. Prince once saw her play and invited her out to jam with him and his band at his home – an invitation she duly accepted.

Up until this point, Birch had always seen herself as a pianist and hadn’t tried to sing until a friend cajoled her into taking a class. In order to have something to perform there, Birch wrote an original song, which her new classmates immediately loved. So she wrote another for the next class, then another after that; thus she became a genuine singer-songwriter.

No comments: