Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Final Countdown! And a Couple of Randoms Thrown in...

I had my 32 week check up today and it went wonderfully! Madelyn is still kicking around and her heartbeat was in the 150's.

I also get another ultrasound--yay!

They want to make sure she isn't too small due to me being on Advair to control my out of control asthma. They reassured me that she more than likely is growing accurately, but it's just a precautionary measure in case she is on the smaller side.

After my appointment was over I scheduled my next appointment...it's in early July...and after that? I go in every single week! I can't believe it's this close to her due date. Unbelievable!

**********

This afternoon after our Isabella's nap we decided to wash all of Madelyn's (that is how we've decided to spell it...too cute!) bottles, towels, washcloths, bibs.

As I was taking out the new towels (which are adorable--got 'em at Target and they are too cute for words!) Isabella took one look and said, "PRETTY!" with so much heart. It totally melted this momma's heart.

**********

Isabella loves my dad--she calls him Papa and always wants to see pics of him--whether on our fridge or our wedding pictures.

She has now discovered a little flip album that we have with some pictures from a few years ago.

She flips through it and says, "Papa, papa, papa" and looks at all of his pics.

What can I say--he was the first person that ever got her to laugh! He is a pretty funny guy *smile*

**********

And one last bit of random...and this has really bugged me. Maybe it's my hormones, but nonetheless...

Last week I got a text message from a girl I knew in Turkey. I have never hung out with her here in Mississippi and we never hung out in Turkey. I just knew her. Nothing more.

She asked me if Leo had told me about her baby shower.

Um, no...and when did the invites go out? Did I miss something?

She told me she e-mailed him with the info on Monday (this was Wed or Thurs I think)....I wanted to tell her that he is extremely busy at work and doesn't have time to go over e-mails that often that aren't work related.

Anyway, I told her we had plans so I didn't think I could make it. I even wrote her on Facebook to tell her.

I didn't hear anything back from her. I assumed she was mad or didn't really care if I went. I mean, after all, it's not like we HAVE EVER HUNG OUT!! And it really ticked me off that she has never asked me to do anything, but all of a sudden she's having this baby shower and wants me to attend? For what? A free freaking gift?! I don't think so. I have my own toddler and baby on the way thankyouverymuch.

So, after my appointment today I'm driving home and here my text alert. I waited until I got home to see who it was.

Guess who.

It. was. her.

She asked me what happened, that it made her "sad" I didn't go.

I told her, listen, we had family plans. I told her via text and Facebook. I had a bad week last week--the last thing I wanted to do was talk to someone who doesn't really want to be my friend (I didn't tell her that last part...but I was tempted to tell her exactly what I thought of her).

She then keeps texting me. I kept telling her I was sorry. But really?! What did she expect?!

She then called me a punk a$$--although she put "lol" after it. Wow. Sooo funny. Really.

And she then made her point that "only 5 people bothered to show up and it really hurt her feelings".

At this point I wanted to tell her, at least you got a shower!!! I'm not getting a shower and you don't see me sending out a last minute e-mail to people I knew of in another country but never hang out with.

Sorry that was so long. She just really got under my skin. I can't stand fake people. I can't stand people who use me. And I can't stand it when someone pretends to be my friend so I'll do something which benefits them.

**********

That's all for now....

Oh-one more thing!

I need to start thinking of what kind of birthday cake I want for my 21st 30th birthday on Sunday. Any yummy suggestions out there? Chocolate now gives me heartburn. It's very tragic! So anything besides chocolate out there?

Anything?

15 comments:

amanda said...

yay for baby madelyn :) and an extra photo session - lucky!!

sorry bout your "friend" - she sounds lovely :(

as for cake - i am boring bc i love vanilla. simple and classic.

grandma said...

Hi Chelle, loved reading all about your appt.. and just how close it is "really" getting AND esp. about you getting all of those little baby things ready. I remember doing all of those things "several" times!
Am glad they are doing the ultrasound and hope little Madelyn's size turns out just right!
Don't fret about the acquaintance.. Sounds strange to me??
The cake!! Thought about a jello cake as know you used to like those or angel food or carrot???
love you, gma

Grace {Formerly Gracie} said...

Wow! I didn't realize our due dates are so close. How fun to have a bloggy friend to share the experience with :-)

I'm glad to hear everything is going well will little Madelyn and sorry about your "friend". If anything she sounds like the punk a$$...

Oh and my b-day is next Thursday and I'm currently craving an old fashioned lemon cake.

happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

okay towel story to cute! yay for an ultrasound! I always loved seeing Sammy :-) oo gotta love fake people and trying to get a gift! That always drives me nuts!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

So glad that all is well with Madelyn. How fun to have two sweet little girls!

I have a great recipe for lime cake. It is dense and unhealthy and delicious! Let me know if you want it!

Jill and Rick said...

Hey hon! So glad the appt went well today ~ and when is the ultrasound?

So sad about the "friend." I think that perhaps the turnout did make her feel bad about not having many friends...unfortunately it sounds like it didn't make her think about BEING a friend.

I'll be watching to see what cake you choose! (& of course you could always choose a birthday pie or other dessert!)

Mom (who was thinking, just yesterday, about how sad I was getting thirty years ago as I waited and waited for you to finally be born! THREE WEEKS LATE!)

Heather B. said...

Strawberry cake with Cream Cheese Icing! It is super YUM!!!!!

I can't believe you are already 32 weeks. That doesn't even seem possible!

As for your "friend" well isn't she just special!!!!!

Patrice said...

Aww I love Madelyn's name! Too cute!!!

Wow your "friend" is just so nice... sorry you have to deal with that!

So excited for you that you're getting so close!! yay! :)

llespy said...

Wow, I can't believe it's almost time for weekly checks. Another ultrasound is always something to look forward to and I'm sure Madelyn's size is perfect!
Your dad is a funny fellow. What's not to love?
I was thinking lemon cake. Apparently, that's Kate's favorite cake.
Hope your birthday is the best!
Aunt Lisa

Kristi said...

1. Dad is the funiest person HE knows.
2. I am soooo excited that your due date is getting close! I can't wait to be able to spend a little bit more time there this time around!
3. Your "friend" would never read your blog by any chance...would she? haha

Em said...

Well just think that if you are pregnant too and your hormones are raging... so are hers... but seriously how tacky!

Make my rainbow cupcakes for your birthday! DEELISH!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

That chick just wanted another present...that would have bothered me too!

I love the way you decided to spell Madelyn - so cute! She will be here before you know it - how exciting!

Loukia said...

Oh, so sweet, getting everything ready for baby number 2! It's all very exciting, isn't it? Your daughter sounds like such a little doll! :)

And as for that girl you know - so strange and weird of her to be texting you so often about her shower! So weird... no wonder only 5 people showed up to her shower! Doesn't sound like it was a well organized shower, that's for sure!

And as for cake... mmm mmm I'm all about Vanilla!

Loukia said...

Oh, so sweet, getting everything ready for baby number 2! It's all very exciting, isn't it? Your daughter sounds like such a little doll! :)

And as for that girl you know - so strange and weird of her to be texting you so often about her shower! So weird... no wonder only 5 people showed up to her shower! Doesn't sound like it was a well organized shower, that's for sure!

And as for cake... mmm mmm I'm all about Vanilla!

Angelique said...

YAY for healthy babies!

And happy early 30th :)