Wednesday, April 16, 2008

She Sure Makes Momma Proud



Life to me isn't the big moments, but the little moments leading up to those big moments. There are many "big" events that take place in our lives, but really, it takes many many "small" moments to make these possible. Some examples: weddings-you have to meet that person, date that person, meet their family, talk about your dreams, hopes, desires. Then you get the wedding. Having a child-all of the things I just mentioned, and if you're like us, heartache. We suffered through one miscarriage and then it took nearly 2 years to conceive our miracle baby, Isabella. It took a lot of prayers, patience, tears and heartache to get where we are today. See how many small steps it took us just to be where we are today?
Isabella always makes me smile, laugh and soak in everything around me. She is just as happy playing with one of mommy's magazines or my phone as she would be with the newest toy. She loves me for who I am and what I believe in. So far I can do no wrong in her eyes. And you know what? I love her! I love her when she is happy, sad, mad, grouchy or laughing. I love seeing her smile light up her little face. I love wiping her tears away and telling her how much I love her. I love feeding her new foods for the first time and watching her little mind work and wonder what it is that mommy just gave her. I love teaching her new things. I love pushing her on the swings and listen to her shreik with happiness.
I'm not sure why I am feeling like I need to share all of this today. Anyone who knows us knows this already. I think one reason is it has really struck me that she is growing. And fast. The pictures above are of her pulling herself up and standing. Yes, she did that with no help! I can't believe how fast time is going. It seems like yesterday that I was in labor and then we were home and exhausted, tired and clueless. I *almost* feel like a pro at this ;) Leo used to tell me, "Hon, it'll come naturally, I promise. You will be a GREAT mommy".
And you know what? He was right.

1 comment:

Jill and Rick said...

Oh, hon, I love this post. Sometimes I think that the heartaches are what make us appreciate the good times even more. We've all been blessed with Isabella, and I'm so proud that she has such a good mama! (& dada!)

Love you all,

Mom