Wednesday, July 8, 2009

36 1/2 Week Appointment

My appointment went wonderfully! Gaining just the right amount of weight--I was worried that I had gained too much the past month with my birthday and the 4th of July--but I guess not!

My belly is now measuring small...I'm assuming it's because she's dropped, but my doctor said if it gets to be a 3 cm difference I'll have to have another ultrasound although at my last ultrasound Madelyn's size was perfect.

She then told me as long as I don't go into labor before Saturday (37 weeks, she'll be considered full term) then we'll both be fine. We went and did all of the pre-admission paperwork after my appointment...it's crazy that we're to this point already! I still remember doing the pre-admission paperwork when I was pregnant with Isabella.

I'm a little upset because my next appointment isn't until July 20th....I'll be over 38 weeks! And they didn't check for any dialation today....ugh. Maybe I'll go into labor before then? Who knows. I just don't know why they are making me wait almost 2 weeks until then. Oh, well.

That's it for now...just wanted to give everyone a little update on how Madelyn and I are doing!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

I can't wait to meet little Madelyn!! I seriously cannot believe how close you are to having her! YAYYYYY

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Yay you are getting so close! That is so exciting!I can't wait to hear about little Madelyn's entrance into the world!

Anonymous said...

aww yay so close! Hopefully (after Saturday) you will go into labor lickity split!

grandma said...

Glad to finally get to check the comp. and read about your appt. Am glad it went so well and I, too, wish you were going sooner.. Did the Dr. tell you when to go back or an appt. person? Esp. since they are watching the tummy size and all think they'd want you in a week.. But then I'm just an old gma who has had 5 babies, so what do I know??
Am getting so excited for you all...Am so anxious to see her first pics etc.. as we won't be able to see her for a long time. :-( Keep us posted on any new developments!
love you, gma (an gpa)

amanda said...

i can't believe ms bella is about to become a big sister!!

time really flies doesn't it honey?

Jamie, Shad, Shiloh, and Fifi said...

i am so jealous! i am about 21 weeks and i want to fast forward to the exciting 9th month.

Hera said...

So happy for you that she's almost here. I know you're beyond ready to meet her! Yay!

Jennifer said...

I love reading your up dates :) Looking forward to seeing pictures of this new little one

Grace {Formerly Gracie} said...

My next appointments was spaced two weeks out, too. I thought that was odd since I had to go every week during my last month with Avery.

Oh well. I guess it's a good sign that things are progressing well :-)

I can't wait to see pics of Madelyn, too!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Keeping you in my prayers!

Sweet CuddleCakes said...

Aww, your due date is coming up verrrrry soon! How esciteing!!

Thanks for the blog compliment; and yours is adorable as well! The background is from Shabby Blogs and I made the header myself!