Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Randoms....

**Lately I feel like I don't have anything to really blog about...although I actually do. Lazy? Maybe. Tired? Definitely! Rainy weather dampening my mood? For sure...

**Last nite Isabella wanted to sleep with Mommy and Daddy. So I let her...it seems like the closer to Madelyn's arrival the more she just wants to be with me. As I was drifting off to sleep listening to her deep, sleepy breathing Madelyn started moving around--it was so sweet because every little move bumped Bella and at that moment I really felt like it was a perfect moment.

**We got down Isabella's baby swing this weekend. When she was little she would barely go in it...now that it's out? She's napped in it, swung in it, watched tv in it and she even puts her baby in it. It's so adorable!

**And for some big news--Isabella went poopy on the potty!! I couldn't believe it! I say that is a step in the right direction and to see how proud she was...what a big girl!

**Her room is almost done now. We just need to finish hanging everything up on the walls. We finally moved furniture around in our house so she and Madelyn can have their play room. Isabella's bedroom looks sooo much better without all of her toys taking over her pretty bedroom!

**I treated myself to a pedi and mani this weekend. Ahhh...it was SO relaxing. I haven't had a real pedi in quite some time so this was perfect. I went all out and got all of the extras--and for those couple of hours of me time? It was totally worth it!

**I am now 36 1/2 weeks along. I've been having an enormous amount of braxton hicks--it's out of control sometimes how many I have! My appointment is tomorrow and I'm excited to finally be in the home stretch. I can't wait for my little Madelyn to arrive!

**Isabella always asks to see Sissy. She kisses my tummy, puts lotion on my tummy and talks to her. It's adorable! Friday morning I was napping and Leo was doing some picking up around the house before our friends arrived and I woke up to Isabella talking to Sissy and putting baby lotion all over my belly. Ha! I love my little girl, she's such a sweetie!

**And finally, Isabella LOVED all of our fireworks. We couldn't bbq that nite due to the 5 inches of rain that fell (and we haven't had rain forever! Go figure it'd rain on the 4th *smile*) so Leo and our friend went and picked up Mellow Mushroom pizza (yummm). We gobbled it up and ran out to watch their fireworks show. It was a blast. Isabella would squeal and clap and if one caught her by surprise she would say, "Woooah...scar-wee!" Adorable I tell ya!

8 comments:

Lauranie said...

We are FINALLY getting rain here too! It was getting so dry they were considering cancelling the 4th! But thankfully we had a few showers to dampen it enough for them to let it go on! :D I'm hearing you on the laziness thing... it has got to be the HEAT! At least that is my excuse, no pregnant belly to blame it on! Congrats to Isabella and the poopy!! I'm hoping my 3 yo is FINALLY ready to be totally out of the pull ups SOON! xo

Loukia said...

See how much you have to blog about? Yay! I love sleeping with my children... nothing sweeter in the whole wide world! So sweet to feel your baby kicking as you sleep beside your oldest, huh? And yay for her going #2 on the potty! LOL! Yay also for getting a mani/pedi AND I want to see pics of the baby's room soon! :)

My Trendy Tykes said...

Awww!!! She's already a great big sister.

I've been pretty lazy myself.
I feel so BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you were doing! Glad you blogged about all of those things going on! 36 1/2 ohh my you are on the home stretch! I can't wait to see pictures of the room! I just ordered stuff to switch Sammy to a big boy bed! Yikes! Yay for the fireworks and love the scary comment!!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

You really are in the home stretch! It will be no time until little Madelyn will be here. It sounds like Isabella is so ready to meet her little sister.

The potty progress is awesome...that was the last part for us. Have you gotten that Potty Training DVD from Pull Ups? It is free and there are songs and stories on there about Potty Training. Carter loves the Big Kid song...he still asks to watch it.

When the rooms are all done post some pics for us to see. Right now I am feeling that toys are overwhelming Carter's room...and he just got a ton more!

amanda said...

you lost me at poop on the potty!! yippeee honey!! that is awesome!!

and ps - i love your perfect moment in bed - so sweet :)

Unknown said...

I think it's the lazy days of summer kicking in...

Grace {Formerly Gracie} said...

Isn't it sweet to see them bonding already! Avery is just as excited as Bella about Baby Sister.

Whew-hew on the potty training success and the mani/pedi!