Monday, July 20, 2009

Because Who Doesn't Like a Trip to L&D in the Middle of the Nite?

Yesterday I was having contractions. All. day. long.
I went to bed and they were 10 minutes apart.
Hmmm.
I couldn't fall asleep forever.
And when I did I kept waking up from my contractions.
I got up and was in some pain....
More than just a Braxton Hicks pain.
Leo woke up.
I was trying to get ahold of my mom.
Leo threw the rest of my things together, I took a bath and was really nervous.
We get to the hospital.
They hook me up....
Contractions? Check.
Madelyn's heart rate? Check.
The nurse loved my contractions and their pattern.
~5 minutes apart. Beautiful.
But then they check me for dialation, effacing...anything.
1 cm.
That's it. All of that work and 1 cm. She wanted me to be a 4 cm to stay.
Boo.
But then they wanted me to get my blood pressure monitored.
It was high. The average was 150/90's.
I now go in on Thursday for NST monitoring.
And I'm back home. No sleep. Still contracting.
I feel silly for going in. But glad I did since my blood pressure is obviously having
a mind of it's own.
My appointment was cancelled for today. I now will get seen next Monday.
That is if Miss Madelyn doesn't plan on debuting anytime soon....

14 comments:

Dee said...

Poor thing! Hope you get some sleep! I went in with Evan one time and they sent me home. I swore that I wasn't going in this time until I saw a head or my water broke! :)

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I hope Madelyn can make up her mind so you can get some rest and not have to keep going back and forth to the hospital. I had a friend who kept having to go in and then they would monitor her for a bit and send her home. She was so frustrated because each time she kept thinking that this was the one.

My Trendy Tykes said...

Get some rest, momma!

Anonymous said...

ooo no.. poor lady! All the work and only 1 cm :( I hope miss M comes out soon!!

Grace {Formerly Gracie} said...

Don't feel silly. It's better that you went in. Any day now, it'll be the real thing! You're so close to the end!

amanda said...

u should totally not feel silly - you trust that mommy gut and go with it! always :)

Amanda said...

Never feel silly for going to the hospital! That's their job!! And I'm glad you did go and get checked out.

I can't wait to meet you new beautiful little girl!

Love,
Amanda x

Kristi said...

I hope she hurries!

Maythi said...

Good luck Chelle! And I agree with everyone's comments. NEVER feel silly for going in and being checked out. That is what they are there for. Wishing you all the best!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Aww, honey, don't feel silly! You absolutely belonged going to the hospital!

I feel so bad that you're so uncomfortable and having to take care of a toddler too. Did Leo's parents get there yet for some relief?

I have a feeling Madelyn is going to arrive while I'm on vacation - you could seriously go from 1 to 4 in no time, it happened to my dear friend who had a 1 hour delivery!

I will be checking in from my Crackberry for the news! Take care of yourself and try to get some rest :)

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Oh, it's getting close. Keeping you in my thoughts for a safe labor and healthy baby.

Lauranie said...

This happened to me with my Isabella, but she was TEN DAYS past her due date and I REFUSED to leave until my Dr. came in and checked me. I am glad I did because I got there when the nurses were about to do a shift change, and I guess the night nurses didn't want to do the paperwork or something!! When the day shift nurses came in, they were much nicer to me and understood that even if the baby wasn't quite ready....I WAS!! can't wait to meet Ms. Madelyn! So sweet of your friends and family to surprise you!

Jill and Rick said...

Oh Maaaaaaadelyn, we're waiting baby girl! We're soooooo ready to see your sweet face. and fingers. and toes. I know it's crazy that we're so anxious and your due date has not even arrived ~ but that's what it's like to be so very loved before you're even born.

We love you already, sweet baby girl.

Anti-Supermom said...

Don't feel bad - it happens all the time in L&D.

I can't wait to read the post that she has been born.