Monday, July 13, 2009

When Waxing Goes Wrong...Very, Very Wrong...

I was simply going to get my eyebrows done. But as I was waiting there in the lobby I started thinking....

I mean, I'm no Teen Wolf or anything, but for some reason when I'm pregnant I feel...well, hairy.

I would look in the mirror and gasp at the sides of my face. Peach fuzz everywhere! Then I would look at my neck. Gasp! More peach fuzz!

When it was my turn to get waxed I sat down--unsure if I wanted the whole face done or just my eyebrows.

But as soon as she asked me? I blurted out--I want it all off!

What the --?! It's like my mouth had a brain of it's own!

And then she started...

Holy. crap. It hurt so bad! I've never had my lip done before. I would always get offended when they ask you if you want your "moustache" done. But since I requested the whole face they did it.

I had tears in my eyes. That was the worst part for me.

After she was done I thought, well, that wasn't so bad. Shoot, I'd probably get it done again!

That's what I thought until I woke up this past Friday morning.

I remember scratching my face in my sleep. I didn't think a thing of it.

Until I woke up and saw the left side of my face...

I have never broken out like this. Ever.

I feel like a teenage boy working at a fast food joint. It's that bad!

Leo thinks it's funny--he couldn't believe that I had my face waxed at all. So now?

Of course he thinks he was right all along...that I never should have done it in the first place.

I agree...but eek! I hope this clears up before Madelyn is born!! I don't want her first pictures to be of me with half of my face broken out!!

I guess I could request pictures on the right side. Or use makeup to cover it up...which will only clog my pores more.

*sigh*

I guess I'll have to learn to love my peach fuzz after all...because I am never getting my face waxed again.

Well, except for my eyebrows...

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to my world. At least we're in good company!

grandma said...

Honey, if you think you have hair on your face NOW, wait until you are 70!!! I've tried about anything you can try at home...would love to have laser treatments, but never could afford it! Plus don't think gpa would go for it.
Am sure your face will clear up before Madelyn arrives.
love you, gma

amanda said...

oh honey...sooo sorry!!

but now thanks to you, pretty sure i will live with face peach fuzz for the rest of my life!

My Trendy Tykes said...

OUCHY! But I am cracking up....hee hee

Cracking up because I am about to publish a post on a rather "hairy" situation too.

It just doesn't involve me.

Mommy In Pink said...

Oh No, that's terrible! ouch!

Hope that goes away for you soon!

Loukia said...

Oh my goodness! You poor thing! I'm sure it's not that bad! And I'm positive it will be perfect by the time your baby is born! Makeup works magic, too! :)

Grace {Formerly Gracie} said...

Oh no, that's terrible! Give it a few days. I'm sure it'll clear up in time for the big arrival.

I feel your pain though... I once got my face waxed for a family photo and ended up with a burned upper lip. I looked like I had herpes. Seriously!

TuTu's Bliss said...

Just do one of those cuddle against the baby shots. A great photographer can make it fade away with great lighting and an average one can photoshop you even peach fuzz free anyways ;) HUGS!!

Lauranie said...

What??!! No pictures of this? Although you did paint a really good one with your story! I'm sure you will be all new motherly glowing before Madelyn arrives! :)

Kristi said...

Those bumbs WILL go away in a few days - I swear! One way to prevent them is to exfoliate the area with a sugar scrub...it will at least make it a little less teenage boyish...LOL

Patrice said...

Bummer! I'm sure you will be back to looking fabulous in no time, don't worry!

Anonymous said...

ooo no!! that is terrible!! I hope your face clears up soon.. Confession time.. I have never waxed any part of my face.. tried to do my legs once and it didn't work :-P

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I bet that hurt! I used to get my eyebrows waxed and I would always get these big tears in my eyes. The pain we go through to be beautiful!

Wendi said...

I was almost scared to read this post.
My mind went elsewhere and I thought you may have gotten a Brazilian.
And I was all...
What!
You are about to have a baby!
And then I read it was just your face...and the drama ceased.
Hopefully it will be cleared up by morning and you will be picture perfect for the big birthday!!!