Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dear Kirby

Today you came to my house.

Right at naptime.

Silly me left my garage door open after a late morning of window shopping, Chick-Fil-A and a not so much window shopping trip at Wal-Mart.

I now know that no matter what, that sucker (my garage door) will remain closed.

At.all.times.

First you made me ooh and ahh over your fancy vacuum.

I thought my house was clean.

I thought I had a case of ocd when it came to cleaning my house.

But you.

Proved.

Me.

Wrong.

The dirt, the dust, the everything.

I thought I was going to have a panic attack seeing all of that filth come off of my "Itrytovacuumeverysingleday" floors.

However, I must give myself a pat on the back.

I did not fall for your "falling prices" selling technique.

Although I do admit you calling your boss multiple times was somewhat convincing.

I did not fall for you once the two stains that would not come off of my carpet came up.

And I did not fall for you when you cleaned my entire living room for me.

If your price was lower I would want you, love you and cherish you forever.

Maybe if Mister Kirby is reading this I will receive you. For free. (one could hope, pray and send some vibes out to the Kirby corporation, right?)

So in my conclusion of this letter, I promise if you give me a free Kirby I will be kind and treat him very, very well.

Besides, we all know my obsession with vacuuming....it's a little scary.

15 comments:

The Nice One said...

The guy that cleans my carpets has a Kirby.
I always feel like a tool when he vacuums after I've just done it...and he gets a lot more guck pulled up.

Jill and Rick said...

Oh no, no, no ~ NEVER let the Kirby Krew in!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I've heard great things about the Kirby...except the price.

When hubby worked in a bankruptcy office, so many people had them!

Anonymous said...

I have a dyson. He is my lover. However we had a kirby growing up and my mom loved it. Good luck.

amanda said...

way to be strong friend.

kirby never really had a chance :)

Allikaye's Mama said...

I have heard of worse obsessions! Oh and I LOVE my package you sent! THANKS! I am excited for Allikaye to take her nap so I can cruise the book and mag! Yaya...you're great!

A Crafty Mom said...

You are GOOD. I'm a sucker for cleaning stuff, and I might have bought one (I don't know how much they are though) if he caught me on a good day, lol. I have a Kenmore that's like a dyson and I really do love it.

Jennifer said...

Do you think Mr Kirby would have a play date at my house? I am with you, I vacuum at least two to three times a week:)

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

oh no! sounds like you will never be the same! i have a dyson and it is pretty much the most amazing thing ever... but they come at a cost... unfortunately

Unknown said...

I have no will power against people selling things lately.

In the last week we've gotten new numbers painted on our curb and we are now receiving the Sunday paper...

Good thing (for my bank account)he didn't come to my door.

Tyne said...

I will buy you a Kirby if you move down here and vaccuum my house. Cannot stand it! I am just waiting til Aves is tall enough to push a vaccuum.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

At least they did the cleaning for you today!

Susan said...

Could you please send that Kirby guy my way? I wish I had an obsession with vacuuming, but alas I do not. I DO love the clean floors though, so I force myself.
My mom had a Kirby growing up and it was amazing what that thing would pick up.

Kristen said...

Sounds like I need a kirby to deal with my vacuuming obession! :)

JSue said...

Since we were among the first to move into our neighborhood (when it was new 7 years ago), we have been visited several times by these Kirby Kids.

The ones that come to our neighborhood are "College Students" (WHATever!) trying to make some money for school. Anyway, they open with..."Here's a free gift, can I clean your carpet?" NO! "I'll have to take that free gift back."

We have an Oreck: 9 lbs of cleaning magic - and years of free maintenance.