Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Why Can I Not Find a Hair Stylist?

Seriously. Enough with the horrible hair stylists. The last two that I went to here in Mississippi have been awful. As in their hair skills are way below satisfaction.

I don't think that I am asking much.

I want someone to not leave 1/2 inch of roots showing from my highlights. I mean, come one. Put the foils up to the top. Apply hair color. Voila.

When I say that I want highlights, but want them to look natural, don't practically color my entire head of hair blonde. Totally not natural. And for the record--blonde isn't orange. Just sayin'.

When I bring in a picture (in color to even help said stylist out) please listen to me. Please, please, please study the picture, study the texture of my hair and tell me if you don't think that this is possible for my hair or your skill level. Don't glance once at the picture and not look at it again.

Don't have your male coworkers feeding you bites of cake while I am your client. Right then and there I decided that this place was not for me.

Don't try to have my buy clip on feathers for my daughters. Not interested. I saw the racks when I walked in. If I was interested I would buy them when paying. Not when I am sitting in the chair wondering who else would come and feed you some bites of food.

My hair currently looks like crap. From the hack job to the horrible highlight job, I am upset. I know it's just "hair", but that is one area of my life that I feel like I have control of. Not to mention that I am paying a lot of money to get my hair "professionally" done.

Someone suggested another salon--much closer to my home and they even have portfolios of their work. It looks like they have fixed quite a few bad hair jobs from their pictures...I am praying that this one works out. I can't keep going home to Missouri to have my #1 girl fix my hair every month!

Now the countdown is on until I go and get my hair done again. 7 1/2 weeks to go. I may beg and plead and cry to Leo that 5 1/2 weeks would be much better...

Thanks for listening...just not happy with my hair...*sigh*

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow...Sounds like Tabatha from Salon Takeover needs to go to that place. Feeding cake to your stylist, while they are with a client...horrible!
I have had trouble with stylists as well, before I got pregnant I went to a new place and said I wanted to be more blond and even had a picture. She did highlights which was all fine and dandy but it took forever and when my hair was done, it was barely blond. UGH!
Hope you can get in to see the stylist closer to your house!

Anti-Supermom said...

That feeding cake while doing your hair part would put me over the top... that's just incredibly wrong.

7 weeks in a long time to wear your hair up... or in a cap... come on, Leo (wink)

amanda said...

i get this. i so get this. which is why my eyebrows are harry and the henderson style and my hair is streaking over the top eightys style.

hold me.

Anonymous said...

I like what you said about "Why Can I Not Find a Hair Stylist? "............hair jobs..........

Unknown said...

Your place is valuable for me. Thanks
.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such a great information .Am looking forward for your net post.

jorge588 said...

I like to say ,just happy to be here.

Unknown said...

Brilliant article! Thanks for sharing your experiences.


Botox ny

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such a great information.Am looking forward for your net post.Cheap Web Design