Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The True Story of Puss'N Boots

If there is one thing that my daughters love, it would be a great movie to watch in the car while we are out and about. I try to keep their movies rotating and I love to find a new movie that they will both love, will be kid friendly and that keeps their attention span for the duration of the movie.


Photobucket


Isabella and Madelyn were so excited to get to review The True Story of Puss'N Boots. I put it in the DVD player and they were both captivated with the animation as well as the story line. Anyone that has small children can testify that if they don't like a movie they will definitely let you know!

The True Story of Puss'N Boots is based on the well known Puss'N Boots character from Charles Perrault. The movie is a tale of a farmer's son who inherits a cat--that talks. The cat's boots are magical boots and Puss helps the son win the heart of the Princess at the same time as battling many suitors who are after the throne. William Shatner is the voice of Puss which I immediately recognized his name as do most of my readers I am sure.

I do have to say that there were a few parts that made me rethink showing it to my two young daughters. I may have to wait until they're a little older to watch it again--in particular it was a dancing scene where a woman is dancing pretty provocatively for a children's movie if you catch my drift.

The Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack is available for $24.99 and the DVD alone without the Blu-Ray addition is $19.99.



A big thank you to Child's Play Communications and Phase 4 Films for this review opportunity. All opinions expressed above are my own and no other compensation was given.

No comments: