Monday, April 20, 2009

The Girl Had a Craving...

It's happened. After 18 months of non-existence in our home, the day has come.

The day when my sweet Isabella ate out of the trash.

Before you gag, it wasn't that bad. In fact, I don't even blame her for what she did!

It started when I was making Leo's cakes. She kept telling me "mmmmmm" and "cookie".

She thought I was baking cookies. I then showed her the two round cakes and told her they were for Daddy's birthday.

After they were all cooled I frosted them. I made the mistake of giving her a lick of frosting. Now even more exaggerated "mmmmmmm" 's came from her.

After the cake was done, I pushed the cake as far back as possible knowing that she would stop at nothing to eat this cake.

I left the room to fold some clothes--leaving the laundry room door open where we keep the trash can.

I all of a sudden heard more of the same "mmmmm" 's that I had been hearing this whole time. I thought that maybe she had somehow gotten the cake--I wouldn't put anything past my little monkey.

Sure enough she had chocolate all over her hands, fingers, face.

She looked at me with her big brown eyes and told me much louder "mmmm".

I glance at the cake--no harm done.

I stopped to think...and then it hit me. She had dug her little hands into our trashcan in search of her one true love--chocolate frosting.

What can I say? The girl had a craving for chocolate and nothing would get in her way....

14 comments:

Kristi said...

TAKE A PICTURE OF THAT!!!!

Tyne said...

That is a girl after my own heart! Your blog looks great btw. I haven't been by in a long time, sorry, been a little busy with all these munchkins.

Clare said...

that is so hilarious! isn't funny when we hear them somewhere in the house and have no idea what they are up to!

Allikaye's Mama said...

I could picture that sweet thing! So cute...priceless! You know we would do that for some chocolate frosting too! hehe!

Unknown said...

A girl after my own heart... ; )

Susan said...

You can't blame a girl with a craving.
Chocolate affects me that way too. Though I don't think I have eaten any out of the trash before.

That Isabella is a girl after my own heart.

Loukia said...

Ahhh so darn cute! That little darling knew what she wanted and she got it... chocolate frosting... mmmm is right! How cute.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

How cute! You can't keep a girl from her chocolate!

Allison R said...

can't blame a girl for wanting that chocolate icing! i bet she looked adorable covered in chocolate!

MO said...

OMG, I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

heheh that is so funny! I totally would have done that too for some chocolate icing :-) *wink*

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, that's too cute!

I'm sure that she ate the frosting out of the container, right?

Amanda said...

I once caught my little one trying to eat out of the cats dish!

With me being on a diet, i would probably 'steal' chocolate out of the bin too!!

L,
Amanda x

Jill and Rick said...

Bella, mema says mmmmmmmmmmmm too!

Love you all!