Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Most Brilliant List. Ever.

While being pregnant with Addison, I have come up with a brilliant list of what I've learned this time around. I hope by writing this I can help others learn from the mistakes I have made:

**Never, I repeat, never let the husband leave holiday candy at home while he is at work. I may or may not have downed 4 *cough* Cadbury Cream Eggs in a matter of one day. And there may or may not be a dent in the enormous bag of Fun Size Skittles....

**Do not attempt to ride any kiddie rides with your toddler. Doing so may result in dizziness and all around being nauseated the remainder of the day.

**For the husbands--if your wife tells you she has a craving for something the appropriate response is not "sure! we can get it on the weekend!" And then do not try to argue with your 6 month pregnant wife that yes, you do indeed know what having a craving is like. Because can I say something? You. have. no. idea....

**Get yourself pampered every once in awhile! Get your hair done, read a book, get a pedi...so worth it...

**When your husband accidentally buys sausage tortellini instead of cheese....don't eat it. Unless you want to be awake all nite long with heartburn. Not fun!

**Back to the whole pedi topic. Don't attempt to do one yourself. Chances are you won't reach your feet and your husband may offer to help. Which is super sweet! But the end result may not be as sweet....

11 comments:

The Nice One said...

it's sort of funny how men don't understand the craving thing. how STRONG it is. Give.Me.Now!

Clare said...

so funny! i remember not being able to reach my toes, no fun!! the cadbury eggs sound yummy:)

MO said...

Oh I loved these!!!!

Kristi said...

Those are hilarious! Especially the ride at the amusement park one...hahaha...I LOVE that pic! you should totally put it on your blog!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Great list! Reaching your toes is so overrated anyways.

Unknown said...

Good list!

The craving thing is just crazy, isn't it?

I was craving Olive Garden bread sticks a few weeks ago and I was a crazy woman until I got them. Once I had them I was fine! : )

Loukia said...

That was a very funny list! Mmm... now I have a craving for Cadbury Mini Eggs... and I'm not even pregnant! We always have some sort of chocolate lying around the house. For the kids. At least that's my excuse!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Great list! If it makes you feel better, I could eat 4 Cadbury Cream Eggs in one day and I am NOT pregnant!

I'm so glad you're feeling so much better these days and enjoying being pregnant.

And I LOVE the name Addison!!

Anonymous said...

i believe my sister, who recently gave birth to her firstborn, would totally agree with you:)

amanda said...

bookmarking this post and will come back when it's my turn for number two!

Susan said...

So funny!
Why do men seem to think they can relate to anything having to do with pregnancy?
When I was pregnant with Austin I went deep sea fishing with Mark's family...VERY bad idea...I am sure similar to your kiddie ride experience.