Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Randomness....It's My New Thing

*Remember how I am in love with Target? Ha! How could you forget! Anyhow, we went to Mobile on Friday and went to Target. They were having an AMAZING sale. I was in somewhat of a Target coma browsing the isles of each and every section. I found an awesome quilt for our room that was 75% off. Wow! We got some new sheets (flannel for the cold weather months ahead), a new rug for the front door, a cute shelf for our bathroom and countless other things. I was in heaven. And the best part? Isabella was an angel the entire time. I love my little shopaholic!

* Went to the outlets on Thursday night. Bought Isabella tons of clothes for less than $30. I puffy heart our outlets and was buying so much stuff that was on sale for next years summer clothes. I love buying her clothes on sale for the next year. I feel so accomplished when that happens (and Leo? Yeah, he gets oh so proud of me, too).

* Leo is gone on a TDY (that's military lingo which basically means out of town). Isabella and I were sad to see him go--but he had to turn around 1/2 hour into his drive because he forgot his sleeping bag. Poor honey! I did make him some pancakes early this morning for him to eat. He won't be getting any good food this week.

* Isabella and I were somewhat productive today after her nap. We went on a long walk, came back and gave her a bath and THEN we made a ham and cheese omelet and toast. (Man, I just said a lot of "and"s--sorry!). Our night was going great until I got a phone call from someone in our neighborhood who found Daisy running the streets. The girl was so nice and loved Daisy, but I must have looked like a sight--carrying Isabella on my hip, carrying the dogleash all the while with dripping wet hair from my shower. Thanks, Daisy.....

* Isabella will be one in a week and a half. So crazy. Really blowing my mind. Has it been a year already?

* Isabella can say "sssss" now when I ask her to. She likes to help "clean" her tray and face after eating and LOVES to share her meals with momma. She loves making me laugh and smile--and she LOVES to laugh. I could listen to her laugh all day every day.

* Have you seen those Swiffer commericals with the brooms where they try to romance their owners back who have switched to a Swiffer? For some reason I think they are HILARIOUS! As you can see it doesn't take a whole lot to humor me these days....

* We survived our first nite without Leo. We missed him! It's lonely without having him around. Very lonely.

* Going to be buying some fall clothes for me in a few weeks. Any suggestions on where to go? I want clothes that are affordable but will last me awhile. I have so many pairs of jeans, but (I'm about to get personal) I still have some baby belly leftover. It'll probably be with me for awhile, too. I want jeans that will help conceal it, but not be too high. I can't wear the lowcut jeans because when I sit down it all is right there for the world to see. Where do you buy your jeans at?

11 comments:

A Crafty Mom said...

I HAVE seen the Swiffer commercials -they are a riot!! And the run away syndrome must be a cocker spaniel thing - ours has been doing it lately too. I hate it. Lately I don't even chase him, dragging 3 kids is too hard so I just wait for him to come home, lol. Thankfully so far he always does.

Jeans are the only thing I splurge on - I usually by expensive pairs and have them last years and years. I don't spend much money on any other item for myself! If you're looking for something short term, Old Navy and Gap are pretty good . . . I also have a couple pair from J Crew that I like. Good luck with the shopping!!!

Anonymous said...

Target sales are the best!

I too am a jeans splurger, but if you want to buy some that are less expensive go to old navy or gap. They have a lot to chose from for style, rise and cut! Have fun!

amanda said...

love your randomness friend :)

*isn't it sooo fun to get such good deals at target - there is truly nothing better!!

*i can't believe we only have a week and a half to go til bella's big bday!! what are we going to do about our babies growing up honey??

*as for jeans - i kinda am crushing on the gap right now. i don't like to spend money on jeans at all. but sometimes i just have to cave.

*hope leo gets home soon - until then enjoy mommy-bella time :)

Clare said...

The swiffer commercials are great! Love em!

Have fun with all of your shopping, it is always fun to shop for yourself once in a while! I got a few pairs of jeans last year at American Eagle, and I really liked them and they washed really well. I also like J Crew for jeans that will last a while!

Amy J said...

sorry, i am such a lurker. i have been following you for a little bit, and you are hilarious. i have a boy that will be 1 in a week and a half too. ANYWAY, i still have a baby belly (much more than you i am sure) and old navy is the best for me. they are affordable, and have tons of different styles. i find they hide the tummy a bit better than others.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I love the Monday Randomness...you should call it Monday Madness.

Those Swiffer commercials are too much. And jeans...mine are still elastic, so I have no ideas. I try to go to Kohls to get a good deal.

I hope the rest of your week goes just as smoothly.

Susan said...

I hope the time until Leo gets back will go quickly.

As far as jeans go, I really like the jeans at Ann Taylor Loft. I think they fit great and they are really well made. They also aren't outrageously priced.

Kristen said...

I love your random posts too! I think I weekly need to do one! :)

I get my jeans at the Gap. They really do fit my long legs the best. So therefore to the Gap I go!

I hope the rest of your week goes fast. It is so hard when the hubby is away. I hate it too!

Congrats on your Target deals. I might be slightly jealous! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks to DVR I don't really watch commercials anymore. It's a shame, I know.

Target oh how I love thee...

Isabella is almost one!? Wow!

I know how you feel with your hubby being out of town. Mine is gone AGAIN this week... Hang in there girl!

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

i get my jeans wherever i can find em! but i love old navy jeans. they're usually pretty good, they last me and are comfy.

when i go to target, i know where all the clearance end caps on the aisles are, and that's the first place i head. i have found some seriously GOOD deals doing that... including a $90 something couch cover for $6!

JSue said...

I LOVE our outlet malls. We have an indoor one and an outdoor one.

Anyway, I have grown to love my Tommy Hilfiger jeans - Boyfriend cut. I think they're only $40. Is that bad? They are stylish and don't look like old lady jeans.

Baby boy is 6 months - so I have a little bump still too...