Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mat Kearney: Young Love





Have you noticed that so many of today's songs and artists have lost their uniqueness? There are so many songs and artists that sound similar and honestly I don't want to waste my money on them. If I buy an album I want it to be good.

That's why when I popped in my new Mat Kearney CD, Young Love, I was the one who fell in love. His music doesn't sound like anything mass produced, I can relate to what he is singing about and I can listen to it in front of my family without worrying about any words that my girls shouldn't be hearing.

I will be honest that previously to receiving the Mat Kearney CD I wasn't entirely sure of who he was. But now I can't imagine my iPod without him on it. Love his music! Come to find out his music has been featured on Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs, The Hills. I probably have heard some of his music and just never realized it.

Mat Kearney's style is amazing, the beat is totally catchy and the lyrics are sweet. My favorite song is Hey Mama:







So? Do you like it? Catchy isn't it? I dare you to put it on and not find yourself dancing or smiling. In fact, as I'm writing this post I am listening to Hey Mama and doing a dance type thing as I sit here typing it out. I even had it on earlier and Isabella and Madelyn were both dancing around the living room. Happy girls = happy mama.

Here is the complete listing of songs from Young Love: 

  • Hey Mama
  • Ships in the Night
  • Count on Me
  • Sooner or Later
  • Chasing the Light
  • Learning to Love Again
  • Down 
  • She Got the Honey
  • Young Dumb and in Love
  • Rochester
  • Seventeen

Click for Mat Kearney's full list of tour dates. Hopefully he will be playing in a city near you!

Want to buy Hey Mama and listen to some of Young Love now? Head over to iTunes to purchase--his album is currently sitting at #5 on the iTunes Album and Rock charts! You can also find him on Facebook to stay up to date on all things Mat Kearney.


I participated in the One2One network campaign and received a copy of the CD. No other compensation was given and all opinions expressed above are my own.


 

1 comment:

♥Jacqueline said...

I love him! One of my faves (and ring tone) is his song Undeniable. LOVE. :) Great taste my dear, great taste!