Sunday, October 2, 2011

She's Four.




Four years ago, on October 2nd, I gave birth to my first child.

My Isabella Marie.

This little girl has changed my life. For the better.

She has taught me so much about life. Love. Myself.

She has taught me that it's okay to be scared sometimes.

She has reminded me that laughter is truly contagious.

She has taught me that eating chocolate chip cookie dough is one of the best things ever.

She has reminded me that bugs are still scary and scream worthy.

She has shown me first hand what it truly is to love someone so much that it hurts sometimes.

She has made me realize that I am a great mother--even when we are having the worst of days.

She has made me remember that being outside with sunshine on my face is one of the greatest things ever.

Isabella has shown me that I can be proud of myself as a mom. She has turned into the sweet, loving, laughable, beautiful little girl that I am proud to call my daughter.

Happy 4 years, sweetheart. I hope this birthday is your most memorable one yet.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Isabella! Hope she has a great birthday!

Sweet words momma!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl! It's amazing what they can teach you. Congrats on such a good job Mom!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your sweet little girl!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I am with you on the cookie dough and the sunshine! :) What a sweet post and even sweeter little girl - or should I say BIG girl? Wow. I remember when I first found your blog and she was just a baby. How time flies... Hope she has a wonderful birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Lizbeth said...

I'm always amazed at what my children have taught me--about me. I hope it was a good birthday!

amanda said...

happy happy birthday sweet girl!!

ps - do we really have *four* year olds!! wow mama. just wow!!

xoxo