Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Because Everyone Shops with Poop on Their Shirt...Right?


Friday was supposed to be a fun day. Key word there is "supposed".

We woke up and decided that we would finish up some last minute shopping, give in to Isabella's pleading for a visit with Santa, mail some packages, and finish up with dinner at our favorite restaurant.

Once we arrived for our shopping Leo decided that it would be the best thing to just carry Brynlie rather than lug around our double stroller. I happily agreed to this and off we went.

As we arrive at our destination Leo informed me that he smelled something--and that it wasn't a good smell. He did the butt sniff test on Brynlie and the look on his face said it all.

We had a pooper.

He was walking ahead and yelled back at the girls and me that he would just take her into the family bathroom. I stayed with Isabella and Madelyn so we did some walking around. Isabella begged for a guitar. Madelyn was running around. Isabella licked some shop windows. Madelyn did some screaming.

It was great.

I was wondering where the hell Leo and Brynlie were and what the hell happened to the two of them when out walked Leo.

He was drenched with sweat. Brynlie is wrapped in a blanket. He looks, well, unhappy.

I looked at him wondering what in the...?!


He must have read my mind. He then told me that Brynlie had the most massive poop that he had ever seen.

Said massive poop was all over her back. Her shirt. Her pants.

There were no spare clothes in my massive bag. Not even a onesie.

When he reached into my bag to get out the wipes? We had two measly wipes.

Two.

There was no air circulation in the family bathroom. He said it reeked of shit from the diaper and that he couldn't breathe.

As he's pouring sweat off of his body he looks down to see what he had feared.

Shit all over his shirt.

We learned a few valuable lessons during this. One, we always double check the wipes container. Two, keep an extra outfit in said bag at all times--and make sure someone *ahem, me* has not removed outfits to wash them.

Final lesson? Make sure that Leo wears an undershirt that isn't so see through that his nipples are showing.


10 comments:

Venassa said...

It's funny how poop can kind of ruin a day. Poor Leo.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, poop..it can ruin a day like the best of them...and at this point, it's only appropriate to call it shit. Nothing else will work!

BNM said...

Oh man! I remember something like this happening with Bailey.. I ended up wrapping him up in wash cloths right off the walmart shelf. It sucks when you think you have wipes and you dont and then no clothes either! makes funny memories though

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Oh man...That's brutal! I wish I could say I haven't been covered in poop more than once. Ha!

Shell said...

LMAO!!!

Aren't you glad you weren't the one to go in to change it!

amanda said...

poor leo :( it happens to the best of us doesn't it?

once we were out grocery shopping and i stayed in the car to nurse ej real quick. she was super little. and had one of those poops. it was supposed to be a quick trip out and back so i had nothing but a diaper and napkins. i had to take off my shirt and put it on her! then i had to wear this way too little hoodie into the store to get joe and tell him we had to go home!!

babies :)

Melissa said...

Super awesome! I have also learned the importance of an extra onesie in the diaper bag. You never know when it will be needed. And I can just imagine the nipples of that shirt. Classy!

Anti-Supermom said...

I've had something similar happen to me... only I've blurred it out, lol :)

Anonymous said...

ohh my goodness that is the worst event ever!

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

Haha I was laughing so hard I was crying! Been there, done that! LOL