Monday, August 20, 2012

Today is the Day....


I could hardly sleep last night. I tossed, turned, and thought about my future as a college freshman.

You see, today is my first day of classes. I have enrolled, bought my books, have a brand new MacBook Pro laptop, and have brand new notebooks begging me to write in them. I am officially, at the age of 33, a full-time college student.

Four courses. 12 semester hours. Surely I am not crazy, right? And surely I can and will succeed. I am doing this for myself and more importantly? My daughters. I want to show them that it never is too late to pursue your dreams. That anything is possible when you ultimately make that decision to succeed.

I am pursuing my degree in elementary education. That is the one job that I have always wanted...for as long as I can remember that is the job that I have wanted.

Wish me luck...I am about to log in to my online courses for my first day. And for the record? I still have butterflies in my tummy just like I did when I went to school so many years earlier....




11 comments:

jaime said...

Congratulations on going back to school! And good luck with your first day. :)

Venassa said...

Aww good luck! I admire you for going back. I'd love to go back, but since I have no idea what I'd go back for, it would just be a waste of time and money so far.

Heather B. said...

You can do it!!! I start my Respiratory Therapy classes next Monday & I'm 35!!! Sending you hugs & positive thoughts!!!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck!

I'll probably be in the same boat as you although I still have no idea what I want to actually do!

Jenny said...

Awesome Chelle! You will make an amazing teacher!

Anonymous said...

wooohooo you can do it Chelle!!

Babes Mami said...

I hope it went well!

Lauralee said...

How exciting! I'm here to help, if you need anything. Congrats!

amanda said...

honey this is HUGE!! so very happy for you!! and super proud of you too!! so very exciting to start this new chapter!

hope the first day was all things awesome!!

Anti-Supermom said...

Well, wow! I'm been MIA but I remember you writing about going to school. This is HUGE, so excited and proud of you!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure how I ended up on your site, but I found your "Today is the Day..." post interesting. From a "almost 50" y/o guy's point of view... you're a youngin and an intelligent person. You'll do great in school and I hope your dreams are fulfilled.

My sister went back to school nights for nursing at your age after a divorce. She was supporting three young boys, one with special needs that requires 24x7 care. I'm very proud of her for this. She made out well and I'm sure you will too. Keep your eyes on the prize... Good Luck!