Saturday, September 19, 2009

Best Banana Bread Ever {A Recipe}

I remember promising my lovely readers the best banana bread ever recipe.


And I want all of you to enjoy it just as much as I do!


Here ya go--and don't blame me if you find yourself eating an entire loaf....


******


Best Banana Bread. Ever.


Mix together:


1/2 c oil
1 c sugar
2 eggs
3 mashed bananas



Mix together and add to ingredients above:

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 c flour
salt

1 c nuts (optional)

Grease and flour loaf pan(s)


You can use {2} loaf pans with this recipe, however, I only use {1}


Bake for:

30 min at 250
30 min at 350

And a note from my Mom:
If you divide the recipe into two loaves, this cook time may be right, but if you do one bigger loaf it usually needs to cook longer. I think I cook a little longer at the lower temp, and then just keep testing it after 30+ minutes at 350.


******


So there you have it! This recipe was passed on from my Grandma to my Mom and now to me.


It's that good!
Leo has been begging for me to make this for days...so I think I'll be nice and make him some this weekend.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

Becks said...

Pretty sure I will be making this very soon!!! My husband thanks you in advance! His favorite thing ever is banana bread...followed by pumpkin pie!

Liz Mays said...

My stomach is growling now! I have only made it from a box mix before. Is it wrong?

Lauranie said...

mmmm...maybe I will try this tomorrow morning?? Your new profile picture is FABULOUS!! You look great!

Halftime Lessons said...

Oh yeah, Chelle...this recipe is gonna get some play at our house.

First time here, and loved your blog!

Jay

recipe cooker said...

Is chocolate chips will fit in this recipe?