Friday, September 25, 2009

I Goin' to "Gurk", Mommy...

Tonite Isabella informed she was goin' to gurk (aka work).

She packed up her (pretend) fruit in her basket.

Said "peese, peese" (that's what she says when she wants to give you a kiss). I obliged and gave her a kiss.

Said "hug, hug" and then hugged each of my legs.

Turned around and announced, "I goin' to gurk! Bye, Mommy, bye!".

And walked away with her basket, her fruit and her cuteness.

As she disappeared into her room I thought to myself...

They grow up fast. So, so fast.

And in a moment? I reminded myself to treasure all of what being a Mommy entails...

The good.

And the bad.


***this post may be a little on the sappy side...probably because my little girl will be {2}. Exactly a week from today. Wow.

8 comments:

KriskropMemories said...

Oh that is adorable. Trust me I took a little longer than you to come to the realization to cherish even the things that drive you crazy because one day you'll turn around and they are grown.

You have a beautiful blog!
Cheers

Lauranie said...

She is a cutie!! ACK!! A week??!! I've got to get to the post office!! ;D

Krista said...

Oh boy, do I understand! I've been super-sappy for the past 9 years of my life thanks to my little ones!

She's so sweet! My little girl is 17 months old and how time (unfortunately) flies!

Krista

Heather B. said...

Oh her and Connor have the same birthday! He will be 6! Holy cow! Can't believe that one!

Night Owl Mama said...

awww so cute little one's are so precious.

Anonymous said...

ooo so cute!! I hope she had a great day at "gurk"

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

How sweet! It is so funny at how much they pick up from watching us!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful memory. I love that she packed her fruit basket with plastic fruit for her to snack on at work.