Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Story of a Slimy Carrot

Isabella loves sharing. And by sharing I mean she'll share anything...as long as it's not her fruit snacks.


This past Tuesday she wanted some baby carrots. No biggy, she just needed a snack to hold her over until Leo got home and we started dinner.


We're sitting there and she's eating her carrots. Walks away for awhile and comes back.


"Here, Mommy!"


She holds out a baby carrot. Which looks slimy to me. (Makes me gag just writing that...)


I open my hand and take it--and thank her for sharing her yummy carrots with me.


She walks away. I set the carrot down.


Awhile later we're laughing and talking...you know, just hanging out.


When the laughter stops. The talking comes to a halt.


I follow her gaze....and what does it fall upon?


The slimy carrot!! Crap, she saw it. Uneaten...


She picks it up, looks it over and asks me...


"Mommy?"


Her tone is very disappointed that I didn't eat the carrot.


I hold open my hand and thank her again...except this time she's just staring at me with those big brown eyes:


And I eat it. All gone. Nearly gagging as I do.


Funny thing about this is as I'm cleaning up her snack?


I find a chewed up and spit out carrot. The other ones were thrown all over the floor.


How funny is that! She didn't find them tasty either...only I didn't guilt trip her into eating one.

8 comments:

Lauranie said...

hahahahaha!!

Kristi said...

That picture is SO funny!!!

Loukia said...

Haha... oh, I always finish my children's snacks... I'm like a human vacuum, no joke. I will eat off the floor. Maybe I shouldn't have admitted that? ;)

amanda said...

love the "look"!! it's amazing how quickly they learn that face isn't it?

Anonymous said...

LOL o my goodness.. don't you just love it when they guilt you into doing something!

Llama said...

Oh my gosh! That is hysterical! I soo needed that laugh today! HAHAAHAHAH!

Lin said...

ha ha, I would have eaten it too. Those lil eyes could burn holes through you...

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Ha Ha! The things a Mommy will do! I have seen that look of disappointment on Carter's face when he has given me some crazy concoction...it breaks my heart!