Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our New Thing

Dear Isabella,

The past three days have been wonderful.

We have taken a walk every single day. The sun is shining, the wind is blowing and we even saw some trees changing colors.

You exclaim many times how everything is "pretty" or when you see a kitty you tell momma "kitty".

I love how when we come back you are so happy, so refreshed.

And so am I.

Our walks let us talk, let us listen and let us enjoy things that we would not get to enjoy if we were stuck indoors.

Yesterday when we saw two kittens? You. were. ecstatic.

You kept saying kitty over and over--and you saw them from so far away!

I love how when we return your cheeks are flushed, your hair is a little wind blown and you grin ear to ear.

I think this will be our new thing.

You, me, and a walk after your morning nap.


Love, Momma

PS--I am not mad about the camera lens. Sad? Yes. But not mad. I've been wanting something nicer for awhile now....maybe Santa will bring one for me this Christmas....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ack! What happened to the lens? And the walks sound lovely. :)

Megan said...

I love this time of year when it isn't too cold nor too hot to get out for a nice walk..especially with all the pretty colors.

Susan said...

That sounds like a really special time with Isabella and Mommy.
Uh-oh on the lens! What happened?

Jennifer said...

It sound like you two have a great time together!

Sean, Just cry and cry when we come home from walks or just playing:) He would live out doors if he could.

Have you pick a winner yet?

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

There is just something about getting outside for a walk, isn't there?

Leslie said...

Uh oh. Did the lens meet it's demise? Glad you and your sweetie are having some nice mommy daughter bonding time.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely idea!

amanda said...

i seriously don't know what i would do without our morning walks. they are my favorite part of the day.

even this morning 47 degrees and we bundled up and went!!

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

oh no! what happened to your camera? and ps i love walks... especially this time of year :)

Allison R said...

What happened to the lens? It's awesome that you have something special with Isabella!

Becks said...

Oh I love this!!!!

She is so sweet and it melts my heart!

I adore beyond anything these precious times with our little girls!