Sunday, June 6, 2010

Operation No Swimsuit is a Big Fail for 2010...Crap.

I have avoided wearing a swimsuit for the past few years. Yes, I said years, as in plural. Let me think...the last time I actually wore a swimsuit was 4 years ago--way back in 2006.

I know you're scratching your head and thinking really? How in the heck has she avoided wearing a swimsuit??

Friends? Let me tell you how...

2007--I was huge and pregnant with Miss Isabella. We moved from Turkey to Mississippi in July, so in my thinking? I had no need for one. I happily sat in my ice cold air conditioned hotel and home until Isabella was born in October. Operation no swimsuit? Was a success.

2008-- In between all of our traveling for my sister-in-law's wedding and with Isabella being less than a year I lucked out--again! If she did sit in her baby pool I sat along the side dipping my feet in and happily watching her. I managed to escape yet another year. Operation no swimsuit? Cha-ching! Another awesome success.

2009--Huge and pregnant once again--this time with Madelyn. We did go to Pensacola to visit some friends and we hit up a water park. I bet you're wondering how I escaped that one, right? In all of my fabulousness I bought a ridiculously overpriced pair of MAN swim shorts and wore a sports bra and tank top. Obviously not my finest moment...but being almost due with Madelyn? I didn't give a crap. I was happy that I found something that fit over my enormous belly. Operation no swimsuit? Whoop!

2010--The year where my once very, very successful operation came to a screeching halt. Why do you ask? Because we are leaving for Tennessee in a week...to a vacation cabin. Which means there is a hot tub. And a pool nearby. Which means that I cannot escape the swimsuit madness this year.

Where do you even buy a swimsuit?! I know there are stores...but where are the good stores? And I don't want to have to shell out a couple hundred dollars!

Like it? But it here!

Hey...on second thought....couldn't I just throw a mu mu on?? I could just supervise, right??

18 comments:

Krista said...

Bring the mumu's back in 2010!! lol. That's cute...there are some really cute swimsuits at Target right now!

Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I try and avoid the swimsuit too. Pregnancy just does something to the body I don't want to show off...But, Target does have some cute suits right now. You can find some good prices. Or google and see what you can find. Good luck!

Shell said...

I hate swimsuits. I need one, but I hate them.

I was looking at the Land's End catalog the other day- I'll have to check that out since Kmama recommended it.

DeAnn said...

You are so funny.. you are beautiful.. doesnt matter the size..I got mine this year from Old Navy online.. naturally.. Are you going to Gatlinberg?? they have lots of cabins.. Im from Asheville and we used to go to Gatlinberg all the time.. so cozy.. and fun.. enjoy!! xoxo

Carrie said...

slimperfect.com. LOVE their suits. I'm a size 12/14 and very busty and have chubby thighs and I happily wore their suits. In public. In front of thin people :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Bringing mumus back in 2010!

I bought mine at Land's End....I bought it last year and it's in great shape!

BNM said...

Believe it or not I got my swim suit at the dollar general.. it is actually my fave bikini of all time. I paid 9$ for it and I am the type that will spend up to 100$ on a swim suit but this one i needed in a hurry (last minute trip last year) im still wearing it and its amazing :)

Anonymous said...

I have not worn a swim suit in ages. I couldn't tell you the last time I had one on. But my big ol' but is not getting in one again this year.

Vashey Fam said...

Oh I here you!! What do you do with a body that has just undergone 2 pregnancies! I mean, BEFORE babies it was hard. Now?! Ok, I've found, that it's the vintage or pinup girl looking suits that seem to work best for me. They give a little more coverage without the ugly patterns and weird panels. Think of yourself as Marilyn Monroe! She was not itty bitty and boy she had it!

Anonymous said...

Wow I didn't know they made my suit in pink.. off to bu by a 2nd one ;-)

Jenny said...

Girl..you are hilarious! Target does have some cute ones...even JCrew..they have so many styles to choose from. Your vaca sounds like it is going to be awesome!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Try Figleaves! They have a ton of great suits at all different price points...and just say NO to mumus. HA!

Messy Mommy said...

I get mine at Target usually. Cheap

Kel said...

Too funny! I've been the same way. I haven't even worn shorts in 5 years! Capri's are my friends!

Vanessa said...

Have you found one yet? I got a great one at SEARS, which surprised me, b/c I went with a friend who recommended Land's End. What I got was a Zero Xposure (I think I spelled that right) one that covered ev-er-y-thing! Then I lost it. :-( So I did find another one at Kohl's with the same criteria -- covered the tummy, shorts that were cute and not too long, etc. :-) Good luck! And have fun!!!

Cranky Cat Studio said...

Chelle
Check or Corrin's post. You both crack me up! She recommends Lands End. http://corrinrenee.com/the-one-in-which-i-lose-my-mind-and-post-pictures-of-myself-in-a-bathing-suit/

I just found a cool pair of mens swim shorts I really like that I think I may buy and shorten and wear with a tankini sort of top. I am really a board shorts kinda girl!

llespy said...

I've found that the tankini works best for me. It covers up my flabby belly. I usually get mine at JC Penneys. This year the girls helped me pick a cute one.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

You are hilarious! I usually get my suits at Kohl's or JCPenney (on sale of course). It does just about kill me that they are so expensive especially for no more than I wear them. Just find one that you love and rock it!