Saturday, March 31, 2012

Breakfast With Tropicana



I love waking up in the morning and realizing that it is a Saturday. Not only does that mean my husband is off for the day, but it also means that we get to eat breakfast together as a family of five. I tend to brag a little on my husband's breakfasts. He goes all out with what he cooks on the weekends: scrambled eggs, homemade potatoes cut into squares, turkey bacon or turkey sausage, homemade pinto beans and all of this is served with warm flour tortillas. It is so good--we all look forward to the mornings when we can have a home cooked breakfast instead of cold cereal.

We also love to serve Tropicana Orange Juice with our breakfasts. I love having a nice, hot breakfast and a glass of orange juice (pulp free for us) on the side. Orange juice is a refreshing drink to have in the mornings and I love that is a part of our weekend family breakfast tradition.




Tropicana has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. When I hear the words orange juice my mind automatically thinks of Tropicana 100% Pure Florida Orange Juice. I'm willing to bet that as you're reading this you recognize the name Tropicana. While the name is familiar I have also had the opportunity to learn some interesting facts regarding Tropicana:


  • Tropicana is the single largest buyer of Florida fruit, purchasing approximately 11.6 billion oranges from Florida yearly
  • Tropicana's roots in Florida go back a long way. Some of its current grower relationships date back to the 1960's
  • Many of the Florida growers sample oranges by cutting them into a cup shape, allowing for drinking juice directly from the fruit
  • Tropicana Pure Premium is 100% Pure Florida Orange Juice


As if you didn't already love Tropicana, they are giving their loyal fans yet another reason to love them! By entering their Facebook sweepstakes you will have a chance at winning one of 100 Florida prizes. The prizes include winning Tropicana for a year and a trip to visit one of their Florida orange groves. Ninety nine winners will receive Tropicana for a year, while one lucky winner will win the round trip airfare for four to Florida for a three night stay in a hotel. The winner and their guests will get to tour a Florida orange grove.




You may enter now by visiting the Tropicana Facebook page, liking them and entering their sweepstakes. 

Do you have a breakfast tradition that you follow with your family? Or maybe you remember breakfasts while growing up? I have many fond breakfast memories as a child and hope that my daughters will grow up one day and remember how much we loved having breakfast together on the weekends as a family.


I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tropicana blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.

No comments: