Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The One With Books, Shredding and a Princess

* I think having a 3rd baby has zapped my blogging mojo. Seriously. I have no clue what to write. Until I get more substantial material I may stick with gobs of pictures of my babies. Because that's how I roll.

* I just finished Summer Rental. It was a delicious, fun read. Yes, I just called it delicious. I wanted more and more and more...can't wait for her next book!

* I am now reading Jaycee Dugard's book. It's a heart wrenching read so far, but I can't put it down. Just to read everything that she went through and how she survived it all just makes me admire her for her strength. Have you read her book? Thoughts?

* Brynlie and Madelyn have well baby check ups PLUS shots for both. Fun times and I'm pretty sure I'll be packing Dum Dums for Madelyn and have Brynlie's milk bar ready for her. Not a huge fan of shot day--especially since TWO of my girls will be on the receiving end.

* Did two weeks of the post baby boot camp DVD. I have now moved onto Jillian and her excruciating 30 Day Shred. Holy sore muscles! I love it so far. I've lost (well, depending on the day) 5 pounds. I'm sure it has to do with my eating. Doing better, just not great. But hey-I feel better and for now that's what counts.

* I have a new favorite summer drink. Friends meet Skinnygirl. It's summer in a glass. It makes me want to invite y'all over to have some with me. Go now and buy some-I know you'll thank me so let me just say you're welcome.

* Bachelor Pad starts Monday night. Three awesome hours of Bachelor and Bachelorette castoffs all living amongst one another. I think I'll break out the Skinnygirl for Monday!

* I'm addicted to HGTV once again. Poor husband has to listen to me and my big dreams for our home. I've started him in the right direction--I can't wait to do some of our bigger projects. Lots of pictures and posts to come.

* How's your week? Are you going to BlogHer? Or are you like me and a little a lot jealous that you aren't going? Sometimes I want to go, but I'd miss my little family way too much right now. Maybe sometime down the road. Maybe not. We'll see.

* And here's the cutest princess ever wishing you all a fabulous end of your week!

7 comments:

Meg from Megs A Mommy! said...

Hey, I think this is a great blog post! And you keep enjoying that baby, we will all be here when you get your mojo back!

And yes, I am totally jealous of Blogher ladies (as usual). I need to set up a fund so I can go next year no matter what!

Daniele said...

I want to read the Dugard book, haven't yet. You're awesome for working out like that mama, I never had the energy post-baby (still don't hahaha)...But, it's also true I think, that putting out energy begets more energy!
I have been wanting to try the skinny girl drink...wish we could hang out with our girls, watch hgtv and drink our skinnygirls hahaha :)
xo

Oh, and love all your pics of the babies...keep em coming :)

Jill and Rick said...

Great job on the workouts! and I tried the Skinnygirl margarita and I like! Want to read the jaycee Dugard book as well, but I know I'll need strength just to read it. & LOVE the picture of Princess Maddie!

Jenny said...

I have not tried the skinnygirl margarita and so want to! Guess it will have to wait a couple of months. :)

I am taking Summer Rental to the beach with me...can't wait to read it. The Jaycee Dugard book is on my list to read also. Right now reading Save Me...and that is really good!

Way to go on the workouts! Every little bit counts!

Anonymous said...

I love random!! yay for working out thats great!! :-) I am going to join the gym soon!

amanda said...

daddy is gone for four days - skinnygirl is happening tomorrow!!

ps - not sure how you did it when leo was gone? have i told you lately that you are a bada**??

Honey B. said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again! And these kinds of posts are perfect. Checking out Skinnygirl right now, quite possibly to reward myself for starting the Shred again soon...lol