Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pool Woes...

Last week we jumped into our new ride and drove to Missouri to see my family for the 4th of July holiday. I had been looking forward to this trip for so long--the family, friends and lounging at the pool to get some sun.



I had heard that one of my former high school friends lived in the same neighborhood as my parents. I had mentioned to my Mom that I was cringing at the thought of running into said friend at their neighborhood pool. I managed to fit into my swimsuit from last year, but still....



I asked my Mom if said friend was ever at the pool. She has never seen said person and that was a huge relief. I couldn't imagine running into someone 6 weeks after having a baby while in my swimsuit!!



On Monday my Mom watched Brynlie so I could go to the pool with my girls, Dad, and little sisters. As we were walking up to the gate to go in I saw her. In a tiny bikini, perfect body (and turns out she's had two kids...ugh.) and had a bunch of our friends from high school with her...seriously!



I could have died right then and there. Seeing her, and then my guy friends?! Needless to say I sat in my clothes. At the edge of the baby pool.



Did I mention I had to jump in the baby pool with my clothes when Maddie went underwater? Yeah...worst day at the pool ever. Am I the only one where madness follows me everywhere?! Have you ever wanted to disappear while at the pool?

2 comments:

amanda said...

dude this is why i don't even go to the pool. my parents had a pool growing up - i swear it was my life saver!!

Kmama said...

We don't really hang out at a pool. We're at a lake a lot though, and I'd love to stay in my clothes because all of our friends wives are tiny and I'm not...but that's just not practical. Sorry you had to go through that.