Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Saved His Little Life....




Isabella, Boo (my cat) and I decided to spend some time outside today. The sun is shining, the weather is warm and flowers are in bloom. After spending quite a bit of time enjoying the fresh air, Isabella and I decided we would go out front to see the tree and the plants out front. We walked around and I explained to her what everthing was. Once we came inside I realized that Boo was still outside. I looked outside and saw that she had something on our back porch. I just thought it was a leaf so I went outside to scoop her up. As I was getting her in, I looked closer to what she had brought up....it was a poor little lizard! The little guy was on his back and I thought he was dead. I turned him over and after just staring at him I realized he was breathing! I put Boo inside so she couldn't do anymore damage and I tended to the poor little guy. I could see his back 2 legs were pretty beat up....Boo probably was playing with him. I thought for sure he was a goner. He wouldn't lift his head and he just sat there. It's been over an hour and he is still outside, but he is venturing into the grass. I keep looking at him and he'll be on the edge of the porch, but then comes back onto it. I just looked out and he is gone! He went back to the wild :) I went out and snapped his picture, too...I just feel good that I saved his little life.


I also have a couple of pics of Isabella in her swing. She was supposed to be napping, but as you can see above she wasn't quite ready yet...silly girl! She now is fast asleep in her favorite swing. What a sweetheart! She is already wearing 6-9 and 6-12 month clothes...can you believe it?! It feels like yesterday that she just napped all day and didn't smile or laugh....now look at her, all "grown" up. I thank God daily for bringing my little miracle and blessing into my life. She truly is a good little girl and she loves making mommy and daddy laugh!
I hope you all have a blessed day and if you are having some sunny, warm weather....what are you doing inside reading this?? Get out there and enjoy that spring air!

No comments: