Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood....

I LOVE spring! Right now it is 76* outside, sunny skies, cool breeze....perfect in my opinion. Bella is napping right now, but you know I'll be taking her outside to lay down on a blanket and just absorb nature all around us. It really does feel like Easter!



Leo and I are making a delicious Easter dinner. We're having ham, yummy hashbrown cheesey potatoes (let me know if you want me to post the recipe), green beans, rolls, and a fruit pizza! I love fruit pizza and hadn't had it in years. I ran across a recipe online and am going to try it out. If it tastes good, I'll post the recipe on Monday! We will be going to church in the morning and when we get back we will hunt for eggs w/Bella and let her open her Easter basket. I can't wait to see what the Easter Bunny brings her!



So you know Leo and I have really been buckling down to cut down on spending. We recently cut down our phone plan bc we had thousands of roll over minutes, which seriously, when are we going to use them?! Today we went to the base commissary and did our grocery shopping. The building is pretty small since Katrina hit and destroyed the previous one, but they are rebuilding with the hopes of opening in a year. Anyhow, the prices there are unbelievable! Why haven't we been grocery shopping there before?? We saved sooo much money it was ridiculous. We even got name brand stuff and the ingredients for our Easter dinner. Wow! It feels good to save money, doesn't it?



I hope you all will have a blessed Saturday and even more of a blessed Sunday. Happy Easter and I'll be posting our weekly menu later this weekend.

No comments: