Thursday, March 27, 2008

Momma Loves You, Bella Mella

Isabella is one of the silliest little girls that I know. Besides constantly making me smile and laugh, she is so silly! Maybe that is why she always makes me smile and laugh? Hehe :) Lately anytime she eats her baby food-doesn't matter what kind it is-she makes this sound, "Mmmmm. Mmmmm..." and it is every time she takes a bite! It is very comical!! My sister, Kristi, had valid point. When I was telling her of this latest trick, she asked if I say the same thing to her as I feed her. Why, yes, I do. And you know the sad thing? I never would have put 2 and 2 together....sheesh, I need more sleep!!

As you remember, Isabella got her shots yesterday. Last night she was all rosy cheeked and pink nosed with her little mouth chattering. We gave her Tylenol and then went to bed. This morning when she and I woke up I noticed her face was still pink and her little nose pink. I thought, hmmm, we were outside for a little while yesterday, but it was when the sun was going down...but is she sunburnt?! I then reached out to hold her and she was burning up. She felt like a warm little roll from the oven and I immediately knew she had a temperature. Sure enough, 101.7. My poor little girl. She has taken a lot of naps today (mommy even snuck in a long one w/her) and has been fussier than normal. The good thing is the Tylenol has kept it down and she is still eating normally. Maybe spare a prayer for my little one tonight? Thank you :)

Speaking of prayers, please say one for the son of one of my mom's friends. He is only 16 and was in a horrible, horrible car accident. He can use all the prayers that we send. When things like that happen, you often "wake up" a little. Life is so fragile, it can be taken from any one of us at any time. Sometimes we all get so caught up in so many things that aren't important. Take time every single day to thank God for blessing you with another day in the miracle of life. If you have children, tell them you love them every single day! I can't imagine what that poor family is going through. My heart aches for them. I wish there was something that I could do, but the one thing that I can do is pray. And pray hard.

So on that note, I am thanking God for giving me this day to live and see my family. May you all do the same and thank you for the prayers.

No comments: