Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh my goodness...

A miracle has happened, everyone, a miracle. I am in such shock that I can barely type. I want to call everyone I know, everyone who has heard about the sleeping battles I have had w/my darling Isabella.


Deep breaths, Michelle, deep breaths.


She. Fell. Asleep. In. Her. Crib.


I repeat.


SHE FELL ASLEEP IN HER CRIB!!! Finally!! After 8 1/2 months of refusing to sleep anywhere except my arms and waking up almost everytime I would lay her down.


I feel accomplished, like I can do anything at this point!


I made her a bottle, gave her the bottle and then laid her down. She was pretty quiet with the exception of one fussy moment. I went in there, covered her with her blankie, gave her the bottle and kissed her. I quietly told her how much I loved her.


Then I walked out.


Quiet, peacefulness, stillness echoed through my house.


Worried, I went and checked on her. And this is what I saw.

My little girl is growing up. And I couldn't be more proud of her.

2 comments:

Jill and Rick said...

HOOOOORAY for Bella!!! Just make sure you listen closely for her and go to her the INSTANT she wakes up, and go to her happy and excited and tell her what a big girl she is!!! I'm so excited for her (& you!)

Okay, I confess this isn't quite the news I'd hoped for (like you all were moving to MISSOURI), but this is good!

Love you guys!

Mom (aka Mema)

amanda said...

yeah for bella and yeah for mama!!

big moment :)