Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dear Cold...

Dear Cold,

I felt you coming on to me the other nite.  I was up late and felt it.  You know, the pain in my throat--which also was my first symptom of The Swine....

I woke up yesterday and you must have decided that you would stay awhile.  The tingly nose, the sneezing, the box of Kleenex that has been used, the coughing, sore throat, stuffed up nose, and what feels like the worst ear pain ever has taken over my existence.

And Cold?  That's fine if you want me to be your place of residence.  But visiting poor Madelyn?  She's a baby...how about you leave her alone soon, okay?  And while you're at it skip over Isabella and especially Leo....

Lord knows the last thing this house needs is the presence of the well known Man Cold. 

That's all now.  Please let me sleep tonite....oh--and food?  I want to taste that again, too.


Thanks {for nothing....},
One miserable Mommy

15 comments:

Becks said...

Oh suckypoo!

Hope you and Madelyn feel better soon...and that it passes over the other two members of the family!!

Lin said...

I hate getting sick. I hope you feel better soon!

Heather B. said...

So sorry you are sick! Hope you feel better very soon!!!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Hope you and Madelyn feel better soon.

Theta Mom said...

Hope you guys feel better soon! BTW, I tagged you on my blog so come on over and check it out. ;)

Llama said...

Oh no! You poor thing! I hope that you feel better soon and that this doesn't travel along to everyone else (esp. the hubby!hehe)
Try to enjoy the rest of the weekend and GET REST :)

Anonymous said...

oo no poor you! and Miss Madelyn! I sure hope you guys feel better soon!

Heidi said...

Oh Chelle, so sorry you are sick (again) bleh! I swear this year has been the worst for being sick! Hope you & that sweet baby are better soon, and I will say extra prayers that your house avoids the dreaded MAN COLD!

Julie said...

Love the comment on the "man cold!" So true! Hope that you all stay healthy... and that you got some good sleep last night :)

Liz Mays said...

Oh no....I hope it takes leave of your house very soon!

Traci said...

SO sorry you feel bad, girl! You're gonna feel a lot better tomorrow when you get a SNEAK PEEK at your NEW BLOG design!!! Yea!!

amanda said...

sorry buddy. no fun.

hope you got a nice long nap in today :)

Lauranie said...

YUCK!! Hope you all feel better soon!! And make sure you batten down the hatches...there's a storm a'comin!! Be safe, and get well soon!! xo

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Oh no! You are sick again?!?!?! I hope you are feeling better soon and everyone else stays healthy. Putting up with a Hurrican and the Man Cold = no fun at all!

The Mommyologist said...

I'm laughing out loud at the man cold. Isn't it amazing what babies men are when they're sick? I move into the guest bedroom whenever my husband comes down with anything because I just can't take it.