Saturday, November 28, 2009

Prayers for an Amazing Man



It's been 14 months since I wrote this post.

The post where we learned my Grandpa has lung cancer.

14 months have gone by since that nite that I received the worst kind of news.

News that nobody ever ever wants to hear about someone they love.

My Grandpa is not doing very well.  I just found this out tonite.

A part of me always gets a little sick when the phone rings late at nite.  Or when you can just tell that something isn't the way it should be.

Such was the case when I talked to my Mom on the phone tonite.  She had text me to see if I had gotten her text.  {Isabella broke my BlackBerry's ball...ugh.}.

I could just tell it was about my Grandpa.

I don't want to go into a lot right now.  Just know that he has Stage 4 small cell lung cancer.  And he has been fighting so, so hard for 14 months.

He is a hero.  A man who is so funny--he loves life.  Loves his family.  Loves the Cubs.

Can you remember to say a prayer for him?  Add him to your prayer list?

I could never thank you enough for thinking of us and praying for him.  I have seen the power of prayer work before.  I know prayer can do an amazing thing for someone, for a family.

Thank you, friends.  I could never, ever tell you how much you touch my heart.

22 comments:

Heather B. said...

Praying.....

shopturtlepie said...

consider him added to my prayer list!

Mrs. Fish aka Two Fish said...

Oh lovey I am sending all my prayers, karma, mojo, whatever I have for you!! I lost my grandpa last month, I know and feel your pain. Grandpa's are PURE magic!

Patrice said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! I will absolutely pray for your grandfather & your family. The power of prayer can be so amazing!

CanCan (Mom Most Traveled) said...

Cancer DOES suck, you are just always kept guessing! My father in law passed away after a 4 year battle with lung cancer...they said he would only live 3 to 6 months! Go Poppy! :)
I wish the best for your Grandpa.

Carmallita said...

My heart is out for you! Prayers are powerful! I pray for you!

Michelle said...

Praying & thinking of your Grandpa!!

G-Zell said...

Oh honey I am so sorry.

I am praying for him and your family.

The Mommyologist said...

I will keep your grandfather and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers for sure. Both of my parents have had life threatening illnesses so I know how hard it is when someone you love is so sick. Saying a prayer right now...

Lindsay said...

oo I will certainly be praying!!

~Sandy~ said...

jotted him down on my prayer list honey :)

Mrs. B said...

Prayers and good wishes. Lost my Grandmother to Lung Cancer a few years ago. Although, every journey is different, I know your road.

Theta Mom said...

My heart goes out to you and you are ALL in my prayers. (((((BIG HUGS))))))

amanda said...

lots of prayers - lots of hugs!

Pres. Kathy said...

PRAYERS!

Jenny said...

cancer does suck! I know lung cancer all too well as my mom was diagnosed with it in 2001.
consider a prayer chain started for your grandpa!!!

Sara A Broers said...

Prayers and hugs for your family and your Grandpa!

Amanda said...

OH :( I'm definitely praying and praying hard (((HUGS)))

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry for your family. He'll be in my prayers.

Llama said...

I will def. say a prayer for him. I am so so sorry to hear that your Grandpa isn't doing well. Sending good thoughts to him and your family! xo

Krystyn said...

I will be thinking of you guys and your grandpa. That is so very sad.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I am so sorry to hear that! I will keep your Grandpa and the rest of your family in my prayers. My Grandpa died in 2006 after a long battle with Lung Cancer...It truely is horrible to watch someone that you love fight so hard for so long. Cancer really does SUCK!!!