Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Why I Now Hate Time Change...

I remember being 21 and out at the bar and SO excited that--hey--we get to turn the time BACK an hour!  We get an extra hour at the bar--I mean, wow, could we have been any luckier?

If we weren't out at the bars then I was at home and even more stoked for that extra hour of sleep.  I waited all.year.long for that one day a year.

But now that I have a toddler and a 3 month old?  Um, about the time change...it can go away.  Seriously.

Because now Isabella wants to eat dinner beyond early, she has been waking up around 4:30 or 5:00 in the morning and then wanting to take naps at lunchtime.

At this moment I'm struggling to keep my eyes open.  I need more coffee.  I've moved laundry along.  Cleaned the kitchen.  Watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving.  And I only have 10 blogs left to read in my Reader.

If anything, I guess you could say that I'm more productive waking up so early...but I honestly cannot wait for naptime today.  *yawn*

10 comments:

Kimi said...

I love the time change, but my girl is totally cramping my morning routine by waking up earlier too. Last night I tried keeping her up a little later. No dice. She was still up at five. Cutting into my writing time with her cuteness.

Unknown said...

When my kids were younger, I hated the time change! But now that they are teens, we ALL love it! In the blink of an eye, you too will be there!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

This time change has been messing with me too. When Carter was younger I would get so frustrated because it seemed like once we finally got into a good routine we had to spring forward or fall back and it threw everything out of whack all over again!

I hope you are getting some naps when the girls take theirs!

Liz Mays said...

I'm reading this as I'm looking outside, and I'm sad because I realize I'm at the peak of the day's sunshine right now. From here on out, it's going to start looking darker and darker. :(

Anonymous said...

I hear you!! It does get easier even when they are just a bit older. This time we just kept Sammy up later and he got up later. But that did not happen this pas Spring.. Atleast your getting caught up on your blogs :-)

Kristi said...

Ok I love it, but I am 100% responsible for me and me alone (not for long though!) It makes me FEEL like I am sleeping in later and I have a great excuse to go to bed earlier too! Ahhhhhhhh sleep

**Let me add that at next year's tme change I might have a different opinion. HAHA

amanda said...

i feel you sister.

listening to babe cry right now. overtired. in desperate need of the nap.

want to move to arizona with me?

Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery said...

You read my mind!
I too loved the extra hour to party! But this is ridiculous!

When you figure out how to get the schedule back on track can you come and explain to my 15 month old what it's all about?!

I haven't even changed the time on my watch because she's technically still on that time!

http://www.thewannabewahm.com

Nicole said...

That is too funny! I was thinking the exact same thing! I have a 1 year old and she is totally thrown for a loop!! Good luck! We'll be sipping coffee together!

Allison R said...

I hate the time change! Not because Meg's sleeping habits have changed (they have), but because it's dark at 6pm. Last night, I got Meg fed, bathed, and finished with homework all before 7. I then tried to put her to bed. Jarrad asked why she had to go to bed so early! Oops!