Monday, March 1, 2010

Take Note Gentlemen.

What is about to follow is a conversation that all men should want to avoid. Take note.

Woman a mere couple of months after having a baby: I need to go shopping. I have NOTHING that I can wear.

Clueless man: What do you mean you have nothing to wear? What about all of those clothes hanging up in your closet?

Woman: *crickets chirping* Are you serious right now. 

Man: *trying to think of what is the right answer. Too bad for him there isn't one* Um. Yes? You have a ton of clothes that are hanging up. Oh! What about the clothes that are folded in the bin?

Woman: *Glaring icicles*  Those "clothes" don't fit me anymore. I can't pull my jeans over my hips. My shirt won't close over my mom boobs.

Man: Ooohhh...now that's sexy. *smiling all cute with a charming smile--which didn't work on me*

Moral of the story? If the woman in your life says she has nothing to wear? Just tell her to go ahead and go shopping. And shirts that don't close over mom boobs?

Ew. Not sexy.

Edited to add: Leo just read this. His attempt at coming out the good guy? He said that I got a new  car. Um, if I have nothing cute to wear? That won't cut it, honey....

*This happened after both births. I now have clothes that fit {after shedding many postpartum tears...}

13 comments:

Anti-Supermom said...

I think every woman has been there and every man... probably in the same situation.

Leo is too cute ;)

Dee said...

Lmao...has he gotten up from his coma yet? Hubby would still see little birdies floating around his head!! :0}

Vanessa said...

Are you sure this isn't a transcript from a conversation I had with *my* husband?? Sometimes they just don't get it!

Krissy said...

Men!! Can't live with them, can't live without them. lol Men don't understand the way that a woman's body changes during and after pregnancy. They think the weight just magically comes off once you have the baby!

http://three-seventeen.blogspot.com

Candy said...

Mom boobs - thats hysterical. that moment when nothing fits and uve tried it all is so very upsetting. retail therapy is MUCH needed just bout then!

Anonymous said...

LOL Hubby & I had this same conversation after our girls were born. I think testosterone seriously rots their brains sometimes lol

Btw, I have an award for you over on my blog

Bombtastic Belle said...

*lol* Love it - and the Mom Boobs. I'll have to remind Rich of this before we have kids so he won't say anything afterwards.

Kristi said...

Ugh!! I have goe round and round with Anthony throughout my entire pregnancy. Especially when I was definitely bigger, but didn't look "huge" yet. He would be like "just wear that little gray dress with those black leggings that I like"

OH you mean the ONE thing I own that fits now?? The one I wear every day?? LOL

Unknown said...

Oh man -- there is no right answers once this conversation has been started...wish we could just skip it and get with the shopping! :) Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

hehehehehehe glad you can have a laugh about it..well after the tears :-P

Mrs. Micek said...

uh... that was the worst!! You are so happy to have this brand new beautiful baby but YOU feel like crap! I just went and bought me some new clothes and then showed them to my hubby when I got home, while beeming with excitement! :) He couldn't get mad...

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

They totally don't get it, do they?

amanda said...

gotta love those postpartum tears :)