Sunday, August 15, 2010

Returning to School

One of the main reasons that I joined the Air Force when I was 21 was due to me not graduating college. I quit college for a few reasons, the main being that I just had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew older. Sure, I had always wanted to be a teacher, but did I really want to do that for the rest of my life?

The other part of me quitting school was due to me just not being ready to go. I went to a local school and lived with my parents. That definitely wasn't a "fun" college experience. They still had me come home at a curfew and I honestly felt like it was all too much.

In hindsight I realize a lot of the choices I made back then weren't the "best" choices, but when I was 18 I wasn't ready. Plain and simple.

While I was in the Air Force I did enroll myself in a few online courses to a university of choice. I loved online learning! It was a great choice while living in Turkey and I loved the aspect of us all being in different parts of the world while learning. My professors were beyond amazing. I loved them and thought the world of them. They were there anytime I had a question about anything and they were always involved with my classes.

Have you thought about returning to school, but wondering how it will be possible? Maybe you don't have the time to travel to a local school or maybe there is no local college or university close by. Or maybe you are a Mom and just don't know how you will have time in your life for one more thing.

American Public University (APU) offers quality courses that are both flexible with you and affordable--two major key points for me when choosing online courses. APU courses are 100% online, so no matter where you are in the world--like when I took online courses from Turkey--you can learn! And with the affordability factor, the cost for a 3-credit course (undergrad course)  is $750. For a 3-credit course with their grad program it is $900.

APU has not raised tuition fees in over 10 years--and provides degree seeking undergrads with their course materials through a Book Grant program. We all know how expensive books can be for college--it's insane sometimes how much they can be!

Interested in learning more about APU? Be sure to check out their live chats with other Moms--the first chat session will be on Tuesday August 17th @ 8pm EST.

“I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of American Public University. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.”

No comments: