Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Randomness...

~I'm not sure how Isabella can be so bright eyed and bushy tailed before 6 in the morning, but it happens. I'm exhausted. And really hoping that my coffee will work it's magic!

~Remember how I was supposed to see my hair stylist before she moved away? Yeah, didn't happen. I have an appointment with one of the other girls on Saturday morning--thank God! I'm going darker. Can't wait. And I'm thinking of keeping it long and just growing it out. We'll see...

~Some of you may be wondering about my Texas trip. It wasn't a great time...it was actually a very, very sad trip. My sister in law's father got killed--along with his best friend--in a horrible accident. I know the other driver that hit them is being held due to driving while intoxicated. It's such a tragedy and my heart is still broken for my sister in law and her family. They are wonderful, wonderful people and I still can't believe that they are having to go through this nightmare.

~So that's why I haven't talked a lot about the Texas trip. It was a sad week...although my little butterball did turn ONE!

~Is it okay that I still haven't accepted Madelyn's turning ONE? Seriously...still in shock over here.

~I watched Bachelor Pad last nite...um...wow?! It's so ridiculous, but so much so that I love it.

~I'm a little addicted to eBay right now. Can you believe that I was an eBay virgin until last week? Now I'm selling things, buying things...it's kinda fun....

~I'm totally ready for cooler temps. Open windows. Jeans. This hot weather with temps being as high as 118? It's seriously for the birds. Come on fall!

~Isabella checked out her first two books at the library. Her picks? Not I {just like The Little Red Hen} and Walter the Farting Dog. I laughed hysterically all through Walter. It was hilarious! Ha!

13 comments:

Kmama said...

i'm sorry about your trip to Texas. What a horrible thing to have happen.

I'll have to check out that Walter the Farting Dog book. I'm sure my boys would love it. ;-)

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL's father & his friend. That is sooooo sad. :(

Yes, it's perfectly okay to have a hard time accepting the fact that Madelyn is one. My oldest is 9 and going into the 4th grade and I'm having a hard time with that!!! LOL

Oh, eBay...I'm going to be doing some listing myself. My blog sale has been so-so but I gotta get this crap outta my house!!! ;)

And, yay, for new hairdos & going darker...I love going darker especially in the fall/winter. Goodness, can you believe fall starts next month?!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. At least they caught the person who did it.
Texas is a great state but it's just too dang HOT right now!! I'm in the DFW area and I'm about ready for some cooler temps myself. Take care! Happy B-day to your little one too!! Jenn

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about the reason for your trip. I know that being with family at a time like that is essential as my family went though a violent death almost 2 years ago.

I too am ready for jeans and cooler weather - it was 109 here yesterday - not quite 118 - that's hot!

Lin said...

I love ebay! I try to refrain from going on there too often because I'll end up spending all the money in the bank lol.

Sorry to hear about your Texas trip :(

Llama said...

Oh no sweetie! I am so so sorry to hear about your trip. I'm so so sorry to hear about something so tragic. I am sending you and your family prayers and hoping you have the strength to make it through such a very difficult time.

Oh a lighter note...welcome to ebay! It's awesome isn't it? I love Walter the Farting Dog! Good pick Isabella!!:)

amanda said...

you had me at open windows and jeans :)

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Super sad about her dad :(
I keep hearing about the bachelor pad, I need to check it out.
I've never done the ebay thing.
I wish it would get hotter here, send some of that heat my way ;D
Seriously, Walter the farting dog, lol!!!!

Amanda said...

You, my friend inspired me to do some randomness of my own. I think I should be doing it more often on my blog.

I just wanted to say that my heart is broken for your sister in law and her family along with the other passenger of the vehicle and his family as well. I will keep them in my prayers {HUGS}

And as for Madelyn turning 1 ~ oh my! Where is the time flying off to????

Joy@TPMG said...

I am so sorry about your SIL's father and for his friend's family. What a horrible tragedy. Their families are in my prayers.

I to am ready for fall. Open windows sounds divine-better than being trapped inside with the air on. Of course I can't complain since it sounds like our temps. haven't been as high as what you guys have been experiencing.

The Black Sheep said...

thats terrible about your sister-in-laws father. I'm sorry your trip had to be filled with such sadness.

your random thoughts are great otherwise - sometimes I love posting a mismash of thoughts!!

Anonymous said...

oo girl I am with you! Sammy woke up at 4:15am yesterday! I hope you like the new stylist! I am so sorry to hear about your SIL's family! I will def. be praying for them! Totally normal to not accept them as one! I haven't seen it.. I tend to not be a fan though.. yay for ebay... I have never sold but I love buying things on there! I am almost ready for cooler temps. We go to the beach labor day week.. I would love for it to be warm then :-P yay for checking books out from the library!

Rebecca D said...

I LOVE Walter the Farting Dog... Seriously one of my favorite children's books...

I am sorry about your extended family's loss and that it marred your trip home.

As for coler weather... Today's expected high in Mid-Coast Maine is 76 degrees... I'm just sayin'...