Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fall, Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, and a Sick Husband...

Dear Lord I am one random chick tonite. I honestly don't even know where to start with this post, it's sort of all over the place in my brain, just trying to figure out where each piece of the post will go...

I guess it's safe to say that I am 100% officially over summer. Seriously. I am tired of the heat warnings. Tired of hurricane season. Tired of the air conditioner running non-stop. I want opened windows. Jeans. New fall clothes. Cute fall shoes. Pumpkin spiced lattes from Starbucks or any other coffee shop that has them.

Okay. Now that I have all of that off my chest I feel SO much better!

I know I've been MIA for a few days and that's because the husband is sick. Like fever, miserable sick. He got some meds on Thursday, but was still running a fever as of last nite. Ugh! Seriously--I've been busy with the girls, the house, paying the bills...I was sad thinking that with him holed up in our room away from us is eerily similar to what we'll be going through here in a few weeks.

It was quiet and a little lonely--be happy that I don't have your phone numbers, because poor you would be getting calls a lot. My poor Mom--she'll probably be annoyed with me!

And last, but certainly not least, I cut my hair and darkened it. I loved it yesterday when I got it done. But when I woke up this morning I was a little bummed that I cut off a few inches and went for a new color. I think once I fix it myself tomorrow I'll be happier. I hope.

The main thing about my hair appointment was that my new stylist charges $40 more than my old hairdresser at the same salon. They also don't carry my Moroccan Oil anymore. I'm thinking I'll find another place now...what would you do? Would you fork over the extra money or find someone else that does great hair for a better price?

Okay, that's all I have for rambling...hoping that the new week will bring fresh ideas to my stressed out brain!

15 comments:

Lin said...

Aw hope your hubs feels better soon! And I think I'd shop around for a new (cheaper) salon. I mean, it's not like it's a $10 difference.

Keli said...

I'm with you on being over Summer.. I'm ready for Fall!!

Jewls said...

oh fall! I do so love the fall...although I would be okay skipping right over winter and going straight to Spring afterward!

I would go for a cheaper salon, but this is coming from the girl who has had her hair professionally colored ONCE because I am mega cheap...I just do the box {gasp!}

amanda said...

sooo with you on the psl's...i just wrote about how i am hoping i can sweet talk my starbucks girls tomorrow to see if they happen to have a stash in the back!! fingers crossed sister, it's soooo time!!

Liz Mays said...

A $40 increase is more than I'd be willing to pay. I'd start looking around.

Sorry about the hubs. I hope he feels better soon!

Unknown said...

I too am so ready for fall - it's way to hot to really enjoy summer. Hope you hubby gets to feeling better soon so that you can spend some quality time together before he heads off. $40 is a big difference - I would shop around...but that's also scary - if she did a good job - maybe talking with her about wanting to stay with the same salon could help.

Kmama said...

(HUGS) I would find someone else that does great hair for cheaper, but that's just me. I drive over a half an hour to get my hair done because she's good and cheap!

Can we see pics of your hair??

Anonymous said...

oo pumpkin spice lattes yum!! I hope Leo feels better soon! I hope you and the girls stay healthy! boo on charging more.. If you like what she did with your hair and want to use her because she is good you could ask why it was more than the old lady. If you only thought it was decent I would look for another place. Thats my 2 cents :-P

Anonymous said...

I would *definitely* find a new stylist - that is a huge price jump especially if you aren't tickled pink with them!

Chance said...

Oh, how I long for fall too. I feel ya sista. I feel ya!

Rebecca D said...

Is it bragging to say it's strating to feel like an early fall here already and I wore a sweater Sunday?... Ok maybe it is...

Sorry your husband is sick... I hope he is up and around soon...

Yes, get a new salon... $40 is a crazy increase!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Fall....so waiting for fall. To cool off....for the psls.

And, so sorry Leo is sick. That's so not fun.

Erin said...

I'm with you on the "over summer" thing. Sorry about your hubby being sick...that is no fun. You can call me anytime you want to chat and catch up!

As for the hair? I want to see pictures! I'm sure it is beautiful. Also, I would probably find a new place. $40 is a lot more money!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

You must show us pictures of your new hair! I would be searching for a new salon. That is a huge price difference! Wow!

I am ready for fall too! So tired of breaking out a sweat the minute I step outside.

Bombtastic Belle said...

Hope leo gets to feeling better!! Everyone seems to be getting summer colds right now - Rich had one about a month ago that put him down for a few days.

I'm over summer too - I need the cooler weather. Granted I keep saying that this summer seems milder than last summer, but I'm done. I want to be able to be comfortable, so it needs to hurry. *lol*