Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fun w/PSE--Thursday Linky

It's no lie--I've been loving playing around with Photoshop Elements 8. Like love, love.

I am hoping to save up some money when Leo's gone to buy myself a new lens, too. I keep telling Leo that it will be my own little Christmas gift to myself...doesn't that sound fabulous?

Anyway.

If you have Photoshop Elements {or Photoshop, Lightroom, etc} there are so many fabulous sites out there that offer free actions. Have no idea how to even begin? Don't worry--I've been playing with it for months now and still feel lost a majority of the time.

There are a couple of online workshops that I would love to do--Amanda from The Photography Haven and  Everyday Elements both offer classes for all types of photographers! I may try to sign up for one soon before Leo leaves me for his deployment...I just know that pictures will play a huge role in his ability to watch our girls grow and change while being so far away.

Here is a picture that I took of Madelyn today after her doctor appointment {no ear infection--just a nasty virus} while she was snacking on fresh strawberries. I love this picture for so many reasons--but her facial expression is priceless.

So, here is the before:




And here is the after:




I performed two actions from the Pioneer Woman & then I made her eyes pop. I love the after--and I seriously love the feeling after I have played around with a photo and get an end result that I end up loving.

Have any before and after pictures that you would love to link up? Please do! And don't feel like you have to have software to play with your photos--I started out using Picnik which is free and tons of fun!

I can't wait to see your shots!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great picture!!! Love that look! Glad for no ear infections!!

Kmama said...

Great, great pic! I have PSE8 on my Macbook and CS2 on my desktop. I haven't added Pioneer Woman's actions for elements yet. It seems confusing to add them. Is it?

Jewls said...

I really need to learn photoshop. My pictures always look like poo but I post them anyway!

Daniele said...

oh I Love my photoshop! I only know probably like 5% of it but it's so much fun to play around and learn new tricks. I have a lot of before and afters but would have to dig around to get them side by side.

HOpe your lo feels better soon!!

Allison R said...

Great picture! I love PSE :) I just linked up.

Amanda said...

I love love love PSE! I just recently downloaded Lightroom but honestly have no idea where to begin there LOL.

I use Rita at Coffee Shop's actions and LOVE them. I'll have to upload some before and after shots for ya.