Thursday, August 7, 2008

More Summer Yumminess

I am about to share with you one of my favorite, I reapeat, favorite, recipes.

Ever.

It's a little rich, so if you don't have a strong liking for something sweet I am advising you to not make this.

You've been warned my friends....

Blueberry Coffeecake

Heat oven to 425, set aside a 9x9 pan (or an 8x8)

1) Melt 1 stick of butter in your pan (I usually place on the burner to melt it.) Once it melts pour the butter into a bowl.

2) Mix the following dry ingredients:

1 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

Set them to the side

3) Mix together:

Beat 1 egg in a 1 c measuring cup
Fill the rest of the 1 c with milk

Add to your dry ingredients above

4) Pour batter into your pan that you melted your stick of butter in

5) Pour melted butter on top of your batter

6) Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top--go ahead, load it up! You can't have too much....believe me :)

7) Sprinkle 1 c blueberries on top

8) Now bake at 425 for 10 minutes

9) Reduce heat in oven to 375 and bake for ~20 minutes

How yummy does that sound? I promise you, you will NOT be disappointed with this gooey recipe.

Wanna know a secret? When I was pregnant with Isabella I would make this religiously. No kidding.

Leo would be lucky to get one bite...

No wonder I gained so much weight....

6 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I was going to ask how you aren't 300lbs after eating this. It sounds delicious, but we are on a low calorie, low cholesterol diet right now...I don't think this fits the bill.

Anonymous said...

Chelle if you don't stop posting recipes I am going to get really fat. And if you have read my last post that is the exact opposite of what I am trying to do right now....It looks totally awesome though...you poop.

amanda said...

honey you are killing my waistline!!

but can i tell you that its totally worth it :)

The Nice One said...

Hi~ Thanks for killing my plan to lose another 20 by XMas.

Love~ Me.

Hehehehee ;) This one looks GREAT!

Laural Out Loud said...

This sounds absolutely delicious. I need a break from my diet, so blueberry coffeecake it is!

Wendi said...

YUM!