Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Some May Say I'm a Shopaholic...

Oh-my-goodness. I am so excited.

Super excited.

Almost like a kid at Christmas excited.

Almost.

We are going to Houston this weekend.

You see, Leo's family lives there.

And I LOVE Texas.

We are staying with 2 of my favorite people, Cristina and Amparo. Amparo is Leo's brother. Cristina is his fabulous wife.

We have never gotten to stay with them before. I don't know why, we just always stay at Leo's parents home.

But this time we have switched it up and we are so excited!

You see, Cristina loves shopping. Pedis. Manis. Target.

We were destined to be sisters.

Destined.

This weekend will be filled with LOTS of shopping, my friends.

Lots. And lots.

It's like a ritual that we do.

We go get manis and pedis.

Then we hit up the stores.

We will shop 'til we drop.

Or until our husbands tell us to stop.

But for the record, Leo has given me permission to do a lot of shopping.

I cannot wait to get out of MS for a few days and relax with the company of family.

Shop, visit, shop.

Isabella stays with Daddy while I get some Momma time.

Some much needed Momma time.

So, Cristina, I hope you are ready to shop, sis.

And to laugh and to have a great time--like we always do.

15 comments:

The Nice One said...

Y'all going to be driving right past me (or flying over). Anyway, have a great time and WAVE!

Allison R said...

That sounds like so much fun! Houston has some great shopping places.

Jill and Rick said...

Hope you & Cristina have a wonderful time!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Have a great time in my hometown!

amanda said...

oh how happy are you friend??

seriously target isn't going to know what him em!!

have a super fun time :)

gina said...

Sounds like FUN! I love getaways. And laughing. And SHOPPING! Call me if you're ever in Massachusetts. ;)

Laural Out Loud said...

What I wouldn't give for a day on my own to get all gussied up (which in my book pretty much ends after manis/pedis, lol) and go shopping SANS child! Hope you have a great time!

Jenny said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend! Yeah for TARGET! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and your shopping adventure.
Moms always deserve some time off...

Leslie said...

My brother in law lives there too. :) Hope you have a great time shopping and visiting the family!

Wendi said...

Mani's, Pedi's and Target?
I am officially JEALOUS!!!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

FUN!!!! I wanna come! :)

If only I lived in TX...haha

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

You didn't mention IKEA???? :)

Have a completely, overwhelmingly, amazing time. You deserve it, you hard-working Mama!! Enjoy every second :)

-Andrea

Unknown said...

Hmmmm... maybe I need to drive down to Houston and come shopping with you. That sounds like fun to me! Have fun!

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

sounds like my sis-in-law! i hope you guys have a TON OF FUN!

A Crafty Mom said...

I hope you have a great time . . . my hubby works in Houston sometimes and has done some shopping there. I've only ever been to Dallas, but enjoyed it lots!!