Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Summer Yumminess

As I mentioned here, I love to bake.

There is something extremely satisfying in thinking about what I must eat and then make it. The end results are usually fabulously delicious and I can share my goodies with others.

Now, since I don't live near any of you which means that I can't walk or drive over these yummy creations, I will share my recipes with you.

I know, I know, I am much too kind, but I want to share this with you, my bloggy friends. I want you to have something that you can sit down with at the end of a hard day or maybe even have in the morning to start a day off wonderfully.

Are you ready? Because our first recipe is....

Lemon Bars (which I swear are to-die-for)

What you'll need for the crust:

1 1/2 c flour
2/3 c powdered sugar
3/4 c softened butter

What you'll need for the filling:
3 eggs
1 1/2 c white sugar
3 Tbsp flour
1/4 c lemon juice

Heat your oven to 375, grease a 9x13 pan (I use a glass pan); set aside

Mix your crust ingredients together (flour, powdered sugar and softened butter). Mix until you can form in a ball. Take the dough ball and begin spreading it in your greased pan.

Bake for ~20 minutes (give or take, keep an eye on it) until it is slightly golden.

While your crust is baking whisk together your filling ingredients (eggs, white sugar, flour and lemon juice). Whisk until it is frothy. Set aside.

When crust is done, take out of oven and pour filling on top. Place back in oven and bake another ~20 minutes--until light golden. (Again, keep an eye on it. I cooked mine for around 18 minutes and it turned out perfectly).

Once you have taken it out of the oven, dust the top with powdered sugar.

And there you have it...delish! They are good warm, but even better the next day.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

I now have a pool of saliva on the desk in front of me. You'll have to excuse me while I go clean it. Um, and thanks!!! {with a huge grin}} I love baking and love awesome new recipes! Once I get settled in, I will attmept not to botch it all up! ;)

Patrice said...

Sounds delicious! I might have to try this out! Thanks for sharing your secrets! :)

Jill and Rick said...

LOL, you KNOW there are never any left for the next day if Adam's here when I bake these favorites!

You know this recipe is tried and true - we made them when you big kids were growing up and your grandma made them when we were growing up. Yummy. That may be our rainy day treat this week!

amanda said...

oh we so are bffs...i LOVE lemon bars!! this little old lady makes them in town for christmas every year and i eat like a million!!

now i can make my own!! and it's not even christmas!!

thanks friend :)

The Nice One said...

I LOVE to bake too! So keep sharing recipes. Lemon bars are a favorite of mine to eat. Though the only way I've made them is to open the Box of that No Bake Lemon Bar Mix. So...I am going to have to whip these up for next week's Sunday Dinner. Yuuummmmifferous.

Jenny said...

WOW! those sound yummy! i will have to give them a try, i love anything with lemon.

Laural Out Loud said...

Oh my word, these sound soooo good! I'll be making these this weekend, guaranteed. Thanks for sharing!

jOni lAnE said...

Drooling. Sounds fabu. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I have never made these but I will be now!! If I thought my husband loved me before... :)

Thanks for typing up the recipe for us!

-Andrea

Wendi said...

More yum!